Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sense8
I don't know, he looked pretty happy. When Wolfie patted the bed and raised his eyebrows I cracked up. Pretty ballsy (boom!) even for this show. Definitely wasn't expecting it though, as I also thought Wolfie was her real love.

Overall immenslly satisfying. Maybe a bit rushed but what can you do. Loved it.
"I don't do tag-teams with blood relatives". Kenny Powers.
So not enough Lito. In fact, his partners got more screentime than him. Maybe the actor playing him was tied up with something else?

The ending was so obviously not organic in any way but my joy at getting one at all dwarfed any quibbles. I'll miss this show.
(06-08-2015, 05:56 PM)MrSaxon Wrote:

I found Nomi's childhood tale to Lito, in episode nine, to be quite moving and, as I know Lana Wachowski has said her own life was the basis for a lot of Nomi's scenes, I can't help but wonder if it also happened to her.

So I just started watching this (I know, I know, I’m sorry guys, I tried once before and the beginning of the pilot didn’t grab me enough to go back to it when I got interrupted at the time), and I just watched this scene which had me in tears like nothing else in a long time. The absolute compassion Nomi shows talking about how, a strong hateful as those kids were, they were at least being true to themselves was one of the most beautiful sentiments I’ve seen in a piece of media ever.
(06-12-2018, 09:40 AM)bluelouboyle Wrote: I don't know, he looked pretty happy.  When Wolfie patted the bed and raised his eyebrows I cracked up.  Pretty ballsy (boom!) even for this show.  Definitely wasn't expecting it though, as I also thought Wolfie was her real love.  

It was pretty well established that they both truly loved her. I mean, they both risked their lives for her, what's the big deal with trying a threesome?

For me what made it work was the their shared scene of watching her die, then working together to save her. I can totally buy that that experience would completely change a person's perspective.

(06-14-2018, 07:38 PM)superlaser Wrote: So I just started watching this (I know, I know, I’m sorry guys, I tried once before and the beginning of the pilot didn’t grab me enough to go back to it when I got interrupted at the time), and I just watched this scene which had me in tears like nothing else in a long time. The absolute compassion Nomi shows talking about how, a strong hateful as those kids were, they were at least being true to themselves was one of the most beautiful sentiments I’ve seen in a piece of media ever.

The first couple eps are dense enough to be off-putting. I'm sure they lost a lot of viewers who got stuck at the point of, "What the fuck is going on?"

But as you've seen and will continue to see, this show has moments you won't see anywhere else. It's earnest, and honest, and forceful, and beautiful. I hope the Wachowskis give a series another try, as this is their, and Netflix's best work.
Gamertag: Tweakee
(06-30-2018, 03:21 AM)farsight Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 09:40 AM)bluelouboyle Wrote: I don't know, he looked pretty happy.  When Wolfie patted the bed and raised his eyebrows I cracked up.  Pretty ballsy (boom!) even for this show.  Definitely wasn't expecting it though, as I also thought Wolfie was her real love.  

It was pretty well established that they both truly loved her. I mean, they both risked their lives for her, what's the big deal with trying a threesome?

For me what made it work was the their shared scene of watching her die, then working together to save her. I can totally buy that that experience would completely change a person's perspective.
Ehh probably not. But will say that this show handled it better than any show ever could. If you gave me a million dollars I don't know if I could make "hey im in love with and fucking someone else, do you want to fuck him too?" work.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Scratch another win for art.

I was out last night with some friends and I was speaking with a friend of mine. I have been pushing Sense8 on her for a while. In her words, as much as possible considering the beer involved, "I think I now get why Pride parades are important." Man, I think I was smiling for half an hour after that. Even after it ended this show manages to make me emotional.

I wish I could run into the Wachowskis some time so I could give them a hug and buy them a drink.
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
So I sat down and watched the finale last night and what a satisfying end to a great show. Got some serious dust in my eyes for the whole wedding scene, which was done so beautifully.

That final mind orgy was excellent as well.

I really hope the Wachowskis get to do another Netflix series.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.