Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
The House will probably reinstate or question him of his findings.

He’s not going down without a fight.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
(11-08-2018, 11:54 AM)ChrisW Wrote: Let's say Mueller doesn't get fired but he gets severely limited by acting AG. Can Congress do anything about this?

The House could create a special committee - say, "say, the House Select Committee on Russian Interference" - with their own team of investigators and budget. I don't think Mueller would be able to run both, but they'd probably be able to find ways to pull from the work he's done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select_or_..._committee
home taping is killing music
Would a GoFundMe for Mueller to continue his investigation be legal? Big Grin
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Also, like, guys, it's a little weirdly fetishistic to think that Bobby Three Sticks is the only qualified investigator in all of Washington who could possibly save us. There are many, many, many, many ways his work could continue if he's fired - either with him at the helm, or with one of his lieutenants.

We didn't win the House because of Bob Mueller, and it's pretty clear that this isn't going to end with Alexa playing the piano exit to Layla.

Just like Trump won because a lot of things adding up, his eventual demise will be the culmination of a lot of things adding up.
Cool. I know the White House is probably looking at ways to shut down the investigation so I'm glad that it looks like they don't really have any moves (save for not seating the new crop of Freshmen Congressmen?)
I'm fully convinced that Mueller and his team are pretty much done. It's all about timing at this point, and I'll be the last person to claim to be some sort of expert on when and where Mueller should pull the trigger. Also, all that we're seeing right now is what's playing out in the open, and that's probably only 10% of the actual story in play, and that has media spin all over it.

We'll see what happens, but I remain fully convinced that the good guys will win in the end.
(11-08-2018, 12:05 PM)ChrisW Wrote: Cool.   I know the White House is probably looking at ways to shut down the investigation so I'm glad that it looks like they don't really have any moves (save for not seating the new crop of Freshmen Congressmen?)

.....and I don't doubt that this was actually considered by DJT at some point.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
(11-08-2018, 12:05 PM)ChrisW Wrote: Cool.   I know the White House is probably looking at ways to shut down the investigation so I'm glad that it looks like they don't really have any moves (save for not seating the new crop of Freshmen Congressmen?)

That's not a move the president has either, short of a complete and actual military coup.
Not sure this belongs here, but since he was arrested trying to use the Mueller investigation to con investors....

Ex-Manafort Son-In-Law Allegedly Bragged About Aiding Mueller Probe As Part Of Scam
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/...tity-theft

Also, Manafort's daughter is a director? News to me. Looks like she recently released a movie starring Tony Shalhoub, Johnny Knoxville, Sky Ferreira, and one of the main actresses from Nymphomanic.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5216022/?ref_=nm_knf_i3
CMS is reportedly drafting a rule that will make it easier for states to stop covering non-emergency medical transportation for Medicaid beneficiaries, which could be a real blow for access to care:

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/article.../181109932

Quote:The CMS is drafting a proposed rule that would make it easier for states to stop paying for non-emergent medical transportation for Medicaid beneficiaries, a move that could drastically cut into providers' revenue.

While details of the potential rulemaking are scarce, a notice on the White House's Office of Management and Budget website said the regulation is projected to be released in May 2019.

Just the suggestion that states could cut Medicaid transportation to medical appointments already has providers on edge. Annual Medicaid spending for these trips is around $3 billion, with roughly 103 million non-emergent medical trips each year, according to researchers.

Medicaid enrollees already have a high no-show rate, and that could get worse if the CMS finalizes the rule, according to Dr. Theresa Rohr-Kirchgraber, a practicing pediatrician in Indianapolis and associate professor of clinical internal medicine and pediatrics at Indiana University.

Many Medicaid enrollees lack access to vehicles due to their low incomes. There are also few public transportation options in Indiana, especially in rural areas, Rohr-Kirchgraber said.

"Our feet are really held to the fire that we have high productivity in terms of the number of patients we have to see," she said. "We're the ones that are making the money for our institutions, and we can't we can't afford to keep our doors open if we can't get our patients in."

Currently, states have to obtain a waiver from the CMS if they don't offer non-emergent transportation services. The Trump administration first floated the idea of changing that policy earlier this year in its 2019 budget proposals.
(11-08-2018, 01:41 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: CMS is reportedly drafting a rule that will make it easier for states to stop covering non-emergency medical transportation for Medicaid beneficiaries, which could be a real blow for access to care:

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/article.../181109932

Jeebus.....

These motherfuckers just want people to fucking die.

If these ghouls keep going the way they are, they will find room in their budget to supply a handgun and 1 bullet to everyone over the age of 70. 
"Here ya go....here's your 'medicine'....see ya"

I wonder how many of these people that propose shit like this have seen 'Soylent Green' and thought to themselves...."hey, that's a neat idea"
Of course they don’t think about it. They’ve completely bought into the Ayn Randian idea that they, and they alone, deserve to shape this country’s future. If you’re not useful or blindingly loyal, they want to get rid of you.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Ben Shapiro actually called bullshit on that Acosta video, but, hey, guess who has an opinion on that:

https://twitter.com/CLewandowski_/status...3281574912

Quote:Corey R. Lewandowski Retweeted Ben Shapiro

.@benshapiro clearly didn’t see what happened.  Why would he let the facts get in the way. What @SHSanders45 wrote is exactly what happened.  Guess it’s okay when it’s a “Memeber of the Club” #Hypocrite

No word on what Rob Porter thinks.
Both Florida Senator and Governor races have entered "recount" territory - Nelson in particular is closing the gap substantially. At least the Repubs are going to have to work for it.
I know we've got a lot going on, but it's worth noting that we might actually pick up that Senate seat in Arizona, as well as the one in Florida and the Governorship there. The Florida races in particular are all jacked up.
(11-08-2018, 02:26 PM)ska oreo Wrote: Of course they don’t think about it.  They’ve completely bought into the Ayn Randian idea that they, and they alone, deserve to shape this country’s future.  If you’re not useful or blindingly loyal, they want to get rid of you.

We should take confort that while they have money and power, they dont have the brains or guile to pull a Rapture or Big Brother scheme.
Hell, if  smart androids/robots existed, these fuckers would trigger a machine uprising in record time.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
(11-08-2018, 03:25 PM)boone daniels Wrote: I know we've got a lot going on, but it's worth noting that we might actually pick up that Senate seat in Arizona, as well as the one in Florida and the Governorship there. The Florida races in particular are all jacked up.

While it would be a tremendous victory to get any or all of those seats back on recount/provisional ballots, we should all also be ready for the massive surge of voter fraud deep state stolen election conspiracy madness that would unleash.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Florida recount is official:

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1...J7OcFpc7NQ
(11-08-2018, 03:34 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Florida recount is official:

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1...J7OcFpc7NQ

I cant be alone in thinking that Gillum winning the recount could lead to shootings or full on race war?
Because its Fucking Florida we are talking about.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
(11-08-2018, 04:01 PM)ryoken Wrote: I cant be alone in thinking that Gillum winning the recount could lead to shootings or full on race war?

Shootings? Maybe. We're already getting those just from Trump incitement.

Race war? Ha. No. The number of violent racists is small. The number that are willing to publicly identify as racists is smaller. The number willing to actually leave the safety of their basement to be part of some violent uprising is minuscule.

What you'd end up seeing is a public call to arms, followed by a half dozen doughy Nazis showing up, pissing themselves, and running to the cops for protection.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Other than a generic “monitoring” tweet about the Borderline shooting, he hasn’t tweeted a word since the Sessions news.

Roger Stone crony Andrew Miller is trying to fight a subpoena against Mueller. Miller’s lawyers expect to lose.

Let’s keep this news cycle quiet.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Hey, they fucking owe us for 2000.
Just this guy, you know?
(11-08-2018, 04:07 PM)farsight Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 04:01 PM)ryoken Wrote: I cant be alone in thinking that Gillum winning the recount could lead to shootings or full on race war?

Shootings? Maybe. We're already getting those just from Trump incitement.

Race war? Ha. No. The number of violent racists is small. The number that are willing to publicly identify as racists is smaller. The number willing to actually leave the safety of their basement to be part of some violent uprising is minuscule.

What you'd end up seeing is a public call to arms, followed by a half dozen doughy Nazis showing up, pissing themselves, and running to the cops for protection.

Not that I think there is going to be some kind of race war, but what you aren't including here is the danger of what the Republicans are accomplishing as we speak.  The kind of wingnut hateful people you're talking about are relatively few (though more than we once imagined), but there are a large number of people who are willing to go along with them, if that's what their leaders are endorsing.  The problem isn't what's in the hearts and minds of these kind of people- the problem is that they're so willing to give their hearts and minds to despots.
A lot of voting machines went unused in Georgia:

https://politics.myajc.com/news/state--r...KESx42TYM/
The Senate Judiciary Committee passed a Mueller protection bill to the floor earlier this year. McConnell still wants nothing to do with it, but Chris Coons and living profile of courage Jeff Flake are trying to force a vote next week:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politic...ill-978362
The rapid response crowd in Times Square is ENORMOUS. Others saying that the protest at the White House is the biggest they’ve seen in all their years of living.
Seeing speculation that a Junior arrest is happening. Could explain why Trump has been so silent today and why he’s been acting like someone cut his coke stash with Benadryl.

The real question: was it Mueller or farmed off to SDNY?

Also in news: Sinema got a bump in the count, and Nelson AND Gillum are likely headed into recount territory.
(11-08-2018, 08:15 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: The rapid response crowd in Times Square is ENORMOUS. Others saying that the protest at the White House is the biggest they’ve seen in all their years of living.

This is what I want to see; ordinary Americans all across this nation rising up to tell this Administration to go fuck themselves.

"Jesus Christ! You've got some problems! First the balls, now my death!" - Daniel Craig

This is pretty cool [crosses fingers]

McSally vs. Sinema ballot update: About 9,600 votes separate the candidates, with Sinema in the lead

Sinema=D
(11-08-2018, 10:29 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Seeing speculation that a Junior arrest is happening. Could explain why Trump has been so silent today and why he’s been acting like someone cut his coke stash with Benadryl.

The real question: was it Mueller or farmed off to SDNY?

Also in news: Sinema got a bump in the count, and Nelson AND Gillum are likely headed into recount territory.

Rick Scott's not taking it well:

https://twitter.com/stevebousquet/status...0924654593

Quote:Rick Scott accuses liberals in Broward of “trying to steal this election” from him, and orders FDLE to launch an investigation of Brenda Snipes
Let it be known that only two white men have made baldness look flattering: Sean Connery and Telly Savalas.
Yul Brynner has them all beat
Sam Jackson rocks a good clean shaven look.
Lots of big protests out there tonight. Even Columbia, South Carolina had a few hundred people out there:

https://twitter.com/IndivisibleSC_2/stat...1483417600
BruceL is also highly regarded for his bald white looks.