Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8 THREAD - Don't Spoil Stuff
(11-13-2018, 11:41 AM)superlaser Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if they save Deadwood for after GOT and advertise it heavily around the finale.

My prediction is that the finale is the first time we get a name for the prequel series, and maybe a teaser/footage. Some "SEE HOW IT ALL BEGAN" shit.
home taping is killing music
The first ads for this are starting to pop up in NYC. It seems like their teaser campaign are big subway signs of death scenes with the hashtag #ForTheThrone.

Which means every day now, I get to walk to work and relive the satisfaction of Joffrey's death.
Yeah, they’ve got Cersei’s walk of shame in Times Square. Hot!
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Apparently the cast reunion show hosted by Conan won’t be televised. It will only be a part of the full series set on Blu.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
And on Youtube five minutes later.
Gamertag: Tweakee
I was hoping Conan had taped this for his own show.  This seems kind of a dick move to people who purchased all the individual Blu-ray sets up to now, unless it is meant to be a feature on the Season 8 set.
Eh, farsight’s not wrong about YouTube.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I've deliberately held off on buying any of the seasons in anticipation of a (hopefully) loaded boxed set.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(11-29-2018, 09:42 AM)arjen rudd Wrote: Eh, farsight’s not wrong about YouTube.

He never is.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Here's an in-depth look at the huge 90 minute battle episode and the grueling shoot.

Longest battle scene in history apparently. 

Also....

GET 

FUCKING

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPED

[Image: 9i5m9mxzr3k21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...8fd4e7db36]
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
CLEGANEBOWL?!??!?!?!?!
Lol, 16 different EW covers.
I only want the Cersei one.
(03-05-2019, 02:28 AM)JMurdoch Wrote: Lol, 16 different EW covers.

I know. It should be 50 different covers including background characters and such.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            

"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
There are better shows in the annals of television, but I'm not sure any of them get me this hyped.
I will say, the more we approach the start of and eventual conclusion to this series, it does kind of feel like the end of an era for this moment in popular culture/television. I think possibly the last thing with this much attention was maybe FRIENDS or THE SOPRANOS on television, and in movies, maybe REVENGE OF THE SITH or THE RETURN OF THE KING.

But this has felt different for a while, and maybe that's because we've all acknowledge that this is maybe the last time something like this happens for a while - this is one of the last "watercooler" shows, a show that literally millions of people around the world know and are watching and are familiar with.

Of course, it felt that way with THE SOPRANOS and we said at the time, "this is it, nothing like this will come again." And then THRONES came along. But even SOPRANOS didn't have the cultural reach that THRONES did.

It's also purely coincidental, but it feels...apt that AVENGERS: ENDGAME and this are airing so close to one another.

(03-05-2019, 12:34 PM)Mangy Wrote: There are better shows in the annals of television, but I'm not sure any of them get me this hyped.

This is exactly how I felt when I saw more than a few shots/lines in that trailer.

Also, looks like we're gonna get one of the most underrated scenes in all of fantasy: A MASS FORGING OF WEAPONS MONTAGE
(03-05-2019, 12:36 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Also, looks like we're gonna get one of the most underrated scenes in all of fantasy: A MASS FORGING OF WEAPONS MONTAGE

FUCK YES.

No matter how much people shit on the Costner Robin Hood movie, it has this and a Rickman villain.  And so I have to love it.

Ominous how the showed us shots of Davos and Varys over the talk of Death's many faces...
I try not to watch GAME OF THRONES trailers, so I'm not watching this one, but it is exciting to think the season is just around the corner, now!

(03-05-2019, 12:36 PM)boone daniels Wrote: It's also purely coincidental, but it feels...apt that AVENGERS: ENDGAME and this are airing so close to one another.

Also the end (again) of the Skywalker family saga later in the year. Lots of big, years-long story arcs ending in 2019.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
So. Fucking. Hyped.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Okay, someone smarter than me - what is the relation of Dany to the remaining Stark kids? She's Jon's aunt, but what is she to Arya/Sansa/et al. Half-aunt? Are they all her half-nieces and nephews? 

Please see handy, hastily constructed genealogical chart. 

I don't think she's anything to the Stark kids. There was no marriage to make Rhaegar family.

At best, she'd be half-aunt.

I thought Lyanna and Rhagar did get married? That was the whole purpose of Bran's flashbacks:

Quote: Bran tells him that Jon's real parents were Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Sam reveals information from the High Septon's journal: in secret, Rhaegar's marriage to Elia Martell was annulled and he married Lyanna. Bran views the wedding and Jon's birth, learning the name Lyanna gave him: Aegon Targaryen. Bran determines that, as Rhaegar's legitimate son, Jon is the heir to the Iron Throne.

So technically if they were legally married, Dany is related to the Stark kids. I want to be clear I'm not trying to pick a fight - I was just curious.
Oooooh yeah. I forgot.

So yep. She's their aunt by marriage.

Yeah, aunt-in-law.

Which means she can sex with all of them without it being incest.

Which means none of them would find it sexy.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Dude, they're Starks, not Lannisters!

Hey, I just like that I was able to do that from memory with a few exceptions. Fuck if I know who Elia Martel's two kids were named.
I don't know about medieval customs and such, but in modern society, I don't think the relatives of an uncle marrying into a family would really be considered anything by most families.

If I'm Bran Stark and know the whole story, just because I have an uncle who married into the family doesn't mean his sister has any connection to me. I wouldn't consider such people part of my family.
(03-05-2019, 02:00 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Hey, I just like that I was able to do that from memory with a few exceptions. Fuck if I know who Elia Martel's two kids were named.
T-Bone and Rusty.
I mean, Belloq, that's the nut of it, isn't it? In their current reality, the Targaryens have no connection to the Starks, but they're actually bound time and blood.
(03-05-2019, 02:08 PM)boone daniels Wrote: I mean, Belloq, that's the nut of it, isn't it? In their current reality, the Targaryens have no connection to the Starks, but they're actually bound time and blood.

Jon being half-Stark and half-Targaryen complicates it, and then the incestuous relationship with Dany complicates it even further on top of that, certainly.

But even so, the aunt of one of my cousins (on the marrying-in side) is not somebody I consider part of "my" family.
Gendry's done rowing, now he's forging!  Amen on the likely montage and the Costner Robin Hood love.  I'll add Kamen's score to that pile of blades and bows.
(03-05-2019, 02:12 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: But even so, the aunt of one of my cousins (on the marrying-in side) is not somebody I consider part of "my" family.

Particularly if she looks like that.
Kamen's score is aces.

The movie is garbage.

Costner's Robin Hood is all right.

There have been so many worse adaptations of the story.