Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The 9th Film by Quentin Tarantino
Bruce is definitely wearing the Kato costume, but Pitt's getup and hair make me think he's doubling James Garner in Marlowe.

... Is that James Garner throwing a half decent side kick?

Is he a fucking martial artist??
I still don't get why Tarantino is basing this stuff on actual events without providing a counter-balance to make my woke 2019 self feel better. (at least none that I could glean from a 90-second trailer I half-watched) Where are all the Manson Women of Color? HARRUMPH!
Somebody better stumble upon 21-year-old Steven Spielberg directing Joan Crawford for the NIGHT GALLERY pilot during the course of this movie.
All of my favourite movies are about the film industry...

(03-20-2019, 07:08 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Bruce is definitely wearing the Kato costume, but Pitt's getup and hair make me think he's doubling James Garner in Marlowe.

Please nobody show modern audiences the part where Marlowe baits Lee's character into jumping off a building by calling him gay.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
(03-21-2019, 12:11 PM)slim Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 07:08 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Bruce is definitely wearing the Kato costume, but Pitt's getup and hair make me think he's doubling James Garner in Marlowe.

Please nobody show modern audiences the part where Marlowe baits Lee's character into jumping off a building by calling him gay.

He talks him into committing suicide?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I'm not a fairy, I can't even fly!

Prove it!

Well that is something.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
"Winslow Wong" is a pretty awesome character name, though, tbh.
Aside from Pitt line about manslaughter, nothing stood out for me. That said I'm still going to see this.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Didn't read this whole thread (sue me) but what does Leo say at the end of the trailer?
I hear it as “great fuckin’ note”

others hear him saying “rick fuckin’ dalton”
It's "great fuckin' note". Because that makes the most sense given what the girl says to him after a take.

Also because that's clearly what he says.
I've listened to it forward and backwards, and on many different speeds. He says "I buried Paul."
Backwards it told me to blow my own head off with a shotgun.
I'm glad slim has ears of a fucking dog. I'm very jealous.
I'm kidding around. I rolled it back myself. Just think it's funny that some people got a completely different line out of it.
He said, “This is a Manson movie.”
I saw the trailer for this (which has a shot of the Cinerama Dome) *in* the Cinerama Dome.
(03-22-2019, 01:54 AM)bradito Wrote: I saw the trailer for this (which has a shot of the Cinerama Dome) *in* the Cinerama Dome.

trailer got a good response from the Us audience!

[Image: ElatedPoorGoshawk-size_restricted.gif]
That gif socked it to me!
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
What the heck is a hullabaloo anyhow? Is it anything like a hootenanny?

I can't wait to deeply enjoy this movie until the violence begins, at which point I will deeply dislike it.
Pussy.
(03-23-2019, 02:49 AM)freeman Wrote: What the heck is a hullabaloo anyhow?  Is it anything like a hootenanny?

I can't wait to deeply enjoy this movie until the violence begins, at which point I will deeply dislike it.

I think it was like American Bandstand. Teenagers would dance to the latest hits and some groups did live performances. I saw something about on one of VH1's list shows.
(03-23-2019, 02:55 AM)shaunh Wrote: Pussy.

It's not that. I think it's the cartoonish glee. It really clashes hard for the intense scenes of tension and great dialogue to turn into this over the top nonsense with canon fire sound effects and geysers of bright red blood.

It's dumb. Like you.
[Image: b05.gif]
New poster

[Image: D2RpzpjUwAANg8L?format=jpg&name=large]
I saw that being shared around as something a fan made, and not an official poster (but I have no idea what's true at the moment)

very pretty
I was gonna say, that looks fan made -- not because of the quality, but because the imagery is exclusively sourced from promotional material.
(03-23-2019, 03:02 AM)Chaz Rock City Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 02:49 AM)freeman Wrote: What the heck is a hullabaloo anyhow?  Is it anything like a hootenanny?

I think it was like American Bandstand. Teenagers would dance to the latest hits and some groups did live performances. I saw something about on one of VH1's list shows.

(03-23-2019, 03:46 PM)Nooj Wrote: I saw that being shared around as something a fan made, and not an official poster  (but I have no idea what's true at the moment)

very pretty

It's from a company called Alphaville Designs.
Mike Moh probably designed that poster.
The most important thing in life is broads. Broads!
impossible!

he go to jail
I don't hate his Bruce Lee impression in that teaser. Better than Bey Logan possibly.
The most important thing in life is broads. Broads!