Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The CHUD Show/Movie Microscope Podcast Discussion
Zooming in, eh? I was going to suggest for the next show that you try watching a film and then discussing aspects of it in a manner distinct from a typical review. But you do you!

"If we can't be great, let's be truthful."- Sylvester Stallone, commenting the cinematic rendering of what a mounted .50-cal might do to the flesh of enemies in RAMBO.
"Bossk!  We all miss Bossk."

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2489481...ay-tribute
We are recording again tonight. A classic. Hint: bedhead.
"Hunger is the best spice, they say." 
I don't know what it says about me that "bedhead" makes me instantly think of tying someone's hands to a bedhead/headboard. So ... Bound? Code 46?

Unless you actually mean the way someone's hair looks when they just get out of bed, in which case I'm stoked you guys are finally getting around to Beetlejuice.
There's not much getting outta bed in this one. Wink
This movie could be an alternate title for both Predator AND Pretty Woman.
Someone stops a train in this.
Inception! Just watched this for the first time since Theatrical thanks to Netflix!

God I've been consumed with an alternate ending for this. One of those silly, laugh-at-camera, freeze frame "Cillian Murphy as Fischer" deals with all the characters as they get off the plane, complete with silly, upbeat music. The kicker, of course, is that everyone has bedhead and/or is stretching, groggy, sipping coffee, etc...

"If we can't be great, let's be truthful."- Sylvester Stallone, commenting the cinematic rendering of what a mounted .50-cal might do to the flesh of enemies in RAMBO.
At first I was hoping for this:

[Image: tumblr_lnulg37xcj1qmrl8to1_500.jpg]

...although I'm not 100% sure there's a train in it.
Inception is so close. Picture Inception but better.
(02-05-2020, 09:57 PM)Nick Nunziata Wrote: Inception is so close. Picture Inception but better.

Might it involve Dennis Quaid and David Patrick Cobra?

The Bone Collector awaits!
The Predator/ Pretty Woman alternate titles make much more sense now.

The Triplehorn/Orser crack deserved at least 20 seconds of Justin laughing so hard he couldn't breathe.
Agreed.
(02-06-2020, 07:42 PM)Bucho Wrote: The Triplehorn/Orser crack deserved at least 20 seconds of Justin laughing so hard he couldn't breathe.

"The Land Before Time" thing or the "Will you take this nobody"?
The first one!

I was trying not to spoil it.
Thrilled to have so nimbly zoomed in on this one.
No episode this week, but good news! All the existing ones are still there and we’ll be killing it the rest of the way.
A big one on the way.
The Corrupter is totally live right now!
FINALLY!
It's true. We did zoom in.
I got excited to see a post.
I got excited to see a post.
I've never seen the film, but I've watched the trailer 3 times.
No joke. The 4th time you watch the trailer, it really clicks. Take the leap.
We are recording two this weekend. Can’t wait to see the comments me and Justin make in here.
We have resonated within the podcast space! I think it's because we talk about Kathryn Erbe's eyebrows and Chewie's unexpected fingers. We unlocked the formula, Nick.
Justin, Manhunter is up! Can’t wait to talk to you on here about it!
I Pre-Zoomed that cereal last May

[Image: vlcsnap-2019-05-25-15h04m49s464.png]

Like a good Microscope fan. 

http://goatsword.blogspot.com/2019/05/ma...-1986.html

and I can't see how someone could find anything interesting about the Hagar presence in this movie. 
She really doesn't float a boat of mine.
Where are the Generals?
Seminal episode. You certainly honored the mission statement of the Microscope by NOT mentioning (I think) William Petersen's exploding-glass entrance, instead spending an exemplary five minutes on the now-surely-RIP tiger. I offer a zoom into the Leeds' family refrigerator, where Dolarhyde left his dental records on a piece of cheese.

Also nice to hear HANNIBAL getting some unqualified love. I was obsessed with that Inspector Pazzi angle.

Photo 
Speaking of cats, Farina means cream of wheat or something in Italian...

[Image: Dennis+Farina+Manhunter.jpg]

Can't believe Nick isn't a fan of Chris Elliot. Damn!

"Whose advice are you going to take in show business, Judd Apatow or me?" - Norm Macdonald

I would totally touch a sedated eel.