Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE BATMAN (Matt Reeves, 2021)
Purple? It looks kind of silver to me.
(03-06-2020, 09:33 AM)MichaelM Wrote: Freeman, now you're confusing me. You agree they're black, not grey or silver?

In the memory of my minds eye, I distinctly remember the BvS car looking more silver/metal colored than it did black.
(03-05-2020, 01:36 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: I feel like I’ve had someone tell me how much they desperately wanted a Batman Beyond film with Keaton returning as Bruce Wayne at least a dozen times in my life. That movie would probably make a lot of money.

The moment some higher up in Warner Bros figures out Batman Beyond is just Spider-Man (and some other Marvel stuff) with some cyberpunk stuff I'm sure we'll be getting some Batman Beyond.
The Batmobile should be so black it makes one ask how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
(03-08-2020, 12:46 AM)Chaz Rock City Wrote: The Batmobile should be so black it makes one ask how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

A close up pic of some of the dials on the new Batmobile's sonic cannons....

[Image: 330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Reeves did an interview in which he says this will NOT be an origin story, but that Batman is still "struggling" and hasn't really processed why he does what does:

https://www.slashfilm.com/batman-origin-story/

“I wanted to do not an origin tale, but a tale that would still acknowledge his origins, in that it formed who he is. Like this guy, he’s majorly struggling, and this is how he’s trying to rise above that struggle. But that doesn’t mean that he even fully understands, you know. It’s that whole idea of the shadow self and what’s driving you, and how much of that you can incorporate, and how much of it you’re doing that you’re unaware of.”

My prediction: we'll get some quick visuals of his parents' death (and/or maybe their funeral), but not a full fledged flashback sequence.

More of the interview at the link.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Interesting. Like Nolan, I get the sense Reeves is taking this very seriously from a character perspective. Which is a very good thing.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Yep. From the same:

“It’s not even like that’s an approach that I take, like it’s some kind of idea of, ‘Wouldn’t it be great?’ It’s sort of the only thing that allows me to understand how to do it. I can only understand where the camera goes and how to talk about the story, how to write the story, how to talk to the actors, if I understand emotionally what it is I have to do. Otherwise I’d be lost. Some people are incredible choreographers and they know how to create an incredible visual dance, or all of that kind of stuff. And I love that kind of stuff. But at the end of the day, I have to understand it emotionally.”
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My kingdom for a Batman movie that's smart enough to ask whether Batman wants to frighten and hurt criminals because they make him feel like a scared little child again, instead of treating his own violence as if it's the slightest bit appropriate.
Tell me where Gorden/Barbara/Dick is or I'll kill your mother in front of yo-

WHAT HAVE I BECOME!?!?
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.

Batman can go full 89 on everyone he wants if Babs and Dick show up
I wrote about Reeves’s quotes. I really like what he is saying but I’m confused about the difference between an origin story and “a story that acknowledges his origin”: https://trouble.city/articles/2020/4/9/f...6owt7oxcyv
Isn't Batman kind of always a little conflicted about what he's doing in *every* Batman movie?
(04-09-2020, 07:14 PM)dranbon Wrote: I wrote about Reeves’s quotes. I really like what he is saying but I’m confused about the difference between an origin story and “a story that acknowledges his origin”: https://trouble.city/articles/2020/4/9/f...6owt7oxcyv

I'm assuming the difference is that when The Batman starts (in terms of the story's plot/timeline), Bruce is already Batman. He isn't...beginning.

However, I'm also assuming from what we've been reading that he hasn't been Batman all that long. Maybe a year or two? And that the longer he takes on the role, the more he struggles with the reasons he's doing it (i.e.,  acknowledges the origins of his trauma).

The repeated namedropping of The Long Halloween tells me that, yes, this will literally be a Year Two movie.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
There was one of the Arkham games that takes place only a year or two into Bruce's journey as Batman, and it's probably the best Batman game story.
Buhman moves back to October 2021: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v...le-1290919

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."

Now that's an interesting month for a Batman film to open.

I will never forgive Batman Forever for the two seconds it acknowledges Halloween (Alfred allows trick 'r treaters to come up to Wayne Manor, for some reason) and does nothing with it.

I kinda feel like of all that film's sins, that's a pretty minor one to remain hung up on.

Squirts?

October did well for Joker so I bet WB isn’t scared.
(04-20-2020, 02:06 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: Squirts?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Member when Forever name dropped Metropolis? So neat
When I was a kid, I had to walk 15 miles, through the snow, to get "This is why Superman works alone."

And I liked it!

Cage Superman and Kilmer Batman. Feige where were youuuu
I found this storyboard style concept work on what it would look like if Batman had a magical girl transformation, and now I want Robert Pattinson to do this so bad that I can taste it.

(04-27-2020, 02:15 PM)Reasor Wrote: I found this storyboard style concept work on what it would look like if Batman had a magical girl transformation, and now I want Robert Pattinson to do this so bad that I can taste it.

wait...has there never been a comic book of this.  Like Batman being a magical girl or something?
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Perfection.
(04-27-2020, 02:15 PM)Reasor Wrote: I found this storyboard style concept work on what it would look like if Batman had a magical girl transformation, and now I want Robert Pattinson to do this so bad that I can taste it.

"Fighting evil by the pale moonlight. Unrequiting love by daylight. Never running from a real fight. He is one named... The Batman."
Git' in under mah belly!
(04-27-2020, 02:20 PM)ska oreo Wrote:

wait...has there never been a comic book of this.  Like Batman being a magical girl or something?

It's shocking, but I don't think there's ever been a comic book where Batman was a Magical Girl.

There was some Japanese Batman in Batman Incorporated that looks a bit like a Henshin Hero, but I don't know if he had a transformation like they do.
Commodore John gets me. Thanx Commodore!
Git' in under mah belly!
Courtesy of scmp.com, we have a very clear, well lit shot of Pattinson in the cowl:

Link to avoid spoilers and, well, the photo is huge

Here's the full article:

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/cel...it-calming

NOT digging the nose at all. It's weirdly blocky. Like he's been boxing too long and his nose has been broken a bunch of times.

I don't hate it.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.