Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020 Election: Suffering without end.
Again, fuck The Lincoln Project.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
“Many found the entire debate disturbing,” said Sarah Chamberlain, president of the Republican Main Street Partnership PAC, a group that supports the dwindling band of GOP centrists in the House.

“Our polling shows he damaged the brand in suburban areas,” she said.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2...-aftermath

Quote:As Trump’s comment dominated post-debate news coverage, Republicans expressed concern about how fallout from the chaotic debate and the way the campaign is shaping up could affect the party’s candidates up and down the ballot.

“It feels like 2018 all over again,” said GOP pollster Neil Newhouse, referring to the midterm elections that delivered gigantic losses for the party and turned control of the House over to Democrats. That election “was a referendum on Donald Trump, and this year feels exactly the same way. Republicans don’t fare well in that kind of election environment.”

Trump spokesman Hogan Gidley defended Trump’s debate performance and insisted the president had actually condemned white supremacists.

“He said ‘sure’ three times,” Gidley said on CNN, referring to his response to questions about whether he would condemn supremacists. “The president does and he did call them out.”
"Dammit, we tried doubling down on drilling holes in our ship, but it's still sinking!"
I love the "but he said he was against the KKK,"

Like, come on. That and the "he said sure, so he's totally against white supremacy."

Like holy hell this is pathetic.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
WHAT?!

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/...7678973952

Quote:new Quinnipiac likely-voter poll of South Carolina:

Trump 48%
 Biden 47%
(09-30-2020, 02:16 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: WHAT?!

Trump 48%
 Biden 47%

What was it before?
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Well Trump had to have beaten Hillary by a lot more than 1% in 2016. I don't doubt Trump will still take SC but red states becoming tossups is good because it forces them to spend advertising money in those places and less in swing states, for one thing.

Also, an electoral ladnslide would mean great things for the senate, and less for Trump to dispute.

Though I'll take any victory at this point...
If anything, Biden running close in SC and it being perceived as a Presidential swing state will hopefully help Jaime Harrison kick the shit out of Graham.
(09-30-2020, 02:29 PM)ska oreo Wrote:

Trump 48%
 Biden 47%

What was it before?

The last Qunnipiac poll had Trump up six points there.
Woooow.
The mere notion that a Democrat for president is 1 point behind in a very Red State like SC is remarkable. Not that Biden will end up winning there, though I have a lot more faith that Harrison can unseat Lady Lindsey.

I heard Robert Costa the Washington Post reporter last night after the debate and he talked how many of his Republican friends, associates, sources, etc. have secretly told him that they wouldn't be surprised if we see a 1964 LBJ/Goldwater landslide. The argument being that this would be needed to "Cleanse the Republican Party of Trumpism". We'll see...
"If only we got rid of all the angry racism, misogyny and classism, we could get back to our roots in... polite racism, misogyny and classism!"
Gamertag: Tweakee
Farsight does a great impression of the Lincoln Project!

Trump 48%
 Biden 47%

Sent that to a friend in SC and she was psyched to see it.  In 2016, she went 3rd Party but this time she's going Biden for sure.  And she's hoping the state dumps Lady G as well.  That would be a hell of an outcome.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
I mean, whether or not you believe that the Republican Party is fundamentally and irreparably rooted in those things, that's going to be their spin on it if/when Trump crashes and burns. But hell, if it gets us out of the immediate nightmare horrorshow, I'll take it - and then we can have a nice long chat about it whilst holding their feet to the fire on actually purging the neo-Nazis, white supremacists, general fascists, etc.
I'm always excited to see that my candidate won't lose by much!
If South Carolina becomes a purple state, I'd be pretty excited even if Biden doesn't carry it.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
(09-30-2020, 02:50 AM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: "Try yelling louder, Mr.President. You have to dominate him! Say it again, harder, faster. Three and a half million dollars! Make him beg for mercy. You're the strongest, loudest voice in the room. Such a big boy, such a good boy."

"Yes! You have a much bigger dick than Obama! SO YUGE!!!"
https://mobile.twitter.com/SenhorRaposa/...7483608066

Yeah, I'd keep an eye on what the Pennsylvania GOP has planned:

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020...0cabb69e23

Quote:A proposal to set up a Republican-majority state House panel to review the fall election, with subpoena power and money to operate, was muscled out of committee Wednesday over loud Democratic objections.

The resolution would establish a Select Committee on Election Integrity to look into how the election is being regulated and conducted and to help determine if new legislation is needed, possibly before the Nov. 3 vote.

“I think my constituents would have grave and serious concerns that this somehow would be conducted in a manner that could interfere with said election,” said Rep. Pam DeLissio, D-Montgomery.

The resolution, which GOP leaders said will likely get a final House floor vote Thursday, was approved 15-10 by the House State Government Committee.

Democrats said they were concerned about Republicans launching partisan investigations into the election in the weeks ahead of Election Day.

“Democracies die slowly,” said Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta, D-Philadelphia. “And I think that this bill would be a fatal blow to our democracy.”

State Government Chairman Garth Everett, R-Lycoming, said his intention as the resolution’s main sponsor was to have the committee generate forward-looking recommendations.

Democrats said they were worried about the resolution’s wording, which says the select committee should recommend “legislative, regulatory or other changes to improve the conduct of the 2020 general election or subsequent elections.”

Everett stressed the select committee would not have authority to change any laws, only to investigate and make recommendations.

The House GOP’s swift action on the bill comes amid closed-door talks with Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf’s office on wider election-related legislation, including granting counties their top request, to allow them to start processing what could be 3 million or more mail-in ballots.
That kind of bullshit is why people are donating and should keep doing it for the next month.

To note: $10 million from 9 p.m. till midnight, 60,000+ new donors among the 215,000 figure, and 100,000 signing up to volunteer. I'd estimate that ActBlue will have made $500 million since the 18th by end of the week or the beginning of next.

This is us. This is how we win.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Of the 12 states where Trump is spending TV ad dollars, all but Minnesota and Nevada are places that he won in 2016.

From September 27:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...story.html

Quote:The presidential battleground has shifted on the margins five weeks before Election Day, with President Trump still on defense as the contest with Democratic nominee Joe Biden is fought almost entirely in places that Trump won in 2016.

Of the 13 states where Biden spent money on television last week, according to Biden’s head of paid media Patrick Bonsignore, only three — Minnesota, New Hampshire and Nevada — were won by Hillary Clinton four years ago. Of the 12 states where Trump is spending, all but Minnesota and Nevada are places that he won in 2016.

Biden has committed millions to advertising in Georgia and Iowa, where Trump won in 2016, while Trump’s campaign continues to decrease his investment in other states, including New Hampshire and Michigan, as the candidates prepare for the first presidential debate Tuesday.

The decision to add funds reflects both the Democratic cash advantage and the Biden campaign’s increasing optimism as polls show Trump struggling to make up ground in a contest that has been remarkably stable from the start, despite waves of social unrest, pandemic disease, economic dislocation and the beginning of a nasty partisan battle over the future of the Supreme Court.

The Biden campaign has recently launched distinct paid media programs for veterans, rural voters and Black voters, catching up with Trump, who debuted similar programs months ago. Biden has also been buying billboards, in concert with the Democratic National Committee, to encourage early voting in key states.

This week, another Biden program targeting faith voters is slated to launch, with advertising on gospel radio, during televised Sunday services, and on Spanish language stations. The program could help defend Biden against Republican claims that Democratic opposition to Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, Amy Coney Barrett, reflects an anti-Catholic bias.

"We think there is a real opportunity there, not only because it is something that is so authentic to who Joe Biden is, his abiding Catholic faith, but in the places that get us to 270, there are significant pockets of voters we want to have that conversation with,” Bonsignore said.

The symbolic and strategic core of the race remains in the northern states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Michigan, a traditionally Democratic region where Clinton underperformed, giving Trump the presidency. But so far this year, Biden has maintained an apparent connection to White voters in these states and elsewhere that Clinton let slip away as she lost all but Minnesota.

That connection also has boosted Biden’s chances in states like Ohio and Iowa, which were long considered to be in Trump’s corner because he won them so convincingly in 2016. Trump held two rallies in Ohio last week and will return there for the presidential debate with Biden on Tuesday night. Biden is scheduled to campaign in Ohio and Pennsylvania the next day.

Biden’s appeal has also blunted Trump’s efforts to flip Minnesota, which the president has long sought to move into his camp, at the same time the president battles political fallout from rapidly diversifying states like Georgia and Arizona. Trump has continued to hold his own in Florida and North Carolina, where the races are a dead heat.

“The tipping point states that people thought would be tipping point states in the spring are likely to be tipping point states now,” said Michael Halle, a Democratic strategist who worked for former South Bend, Ind., mayor Pete Buttigieg this cycle. “What has changed is the significant money advantage that Biden has.”
How are they able to afford the ads?
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti

Parscale resigned.

WELL NO SHIT.
Wait, did they not already kick him out?
He couldn't remote in from jail?
Serious, the fucking guy was still working for them? ! I feel like Trump is on the cusp of sticking his fat head out of his limo, and asking the first passer by he sees if they need a job.
(09-30-2020, 09:52 PM)history buff Wrote: Serious, the fucking guy was still working for them? ! I feel like Trump is on the cusp of sticking his fat head out of his limo, and asking the first passer by he sees if they need a job.

"Okay, first we need to dump all of our advertising into New York, Massachusetts, and California. I also have you scheduled for a month of rallies in Hawaii.  Trust me."
LAW AND ORDER!

[Image: comp-cop-tackle-brad.gif?strip=all&w=300&h=192&crop=1]
Fired as campaign manager but still employed as a Senior Advisor behind the scenes? That's some Alamo Drafthouse shit.
He knows where the bodies are buried, figuratively speaking.

Where did all that money go that Trump started the year with anyway?
Where did the money go? Possible routes:

-Senate impeachment trial bribes
-Overspending during a pandemic
-Legal fees
-McDonald's
-Jeff Van Drew bribe
-Sending the state police force from Escape from L.A. after protesters
-Giuliani legal fees
-RON JOHNSON HILLARY SLANDER DOSSIER THAT NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT NOW
-John Bolton's silence
-Filing a lawsuit against John Bolton for breaking his silence for profit
-Roger Stone's silence
-Death Star construction costs

Where the money did NOT go: Lindsey Graham's campaign. The IRS.

Parscale is the Waingro of the Trump Mob.
Speaking of Parscale:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-trump-...e?ref=wrap

Quote:Since Tuesday, the campaign has removed a video of Parscale from the homepage of its “Army for Trump” election monitoring operation. It also deleted a page on the main campaign website featuring a video of Parscale and Lara Trump, the president’s daughter-in-law and senior campaign adviser. The video of their discussion, billed as a Q&A on the state of the campaign, has also been removed from YouTube. Those deletions were first flagged on Twitter by the writer Jeryl Bier.

One Trump campaign page discussing the event with Lara Trump remained online as of Wednesday morning. After The Daily Beast flagged it in a comment request sent to the campaign, that page was removed as well.

The campaign did not respond to that comment request, which sought to clarify Parscale’s role with the Trump reelect and determine whether he remains an employee or consultant. He was Trump’s campaign manager until July, when he was replaced by former White House political director Bill Stepien. Parscale remained in a senior role for the campaign.

The apparent effort to scrub Parscale from campaign web properties comes in the wake of a police incident outside his home on Sunday. According to the police report, Parscale’s wife called authorities to report that he was threatening to commit suicide, had loaded a firearm in front of her, and had physically assaulted her during a prior domestic dispute.
It's definitely disconcerting just how prevalent "pedophile" is from Trump supporters in this word cloud.  QAnon is spreading, and the right is just getting crazier:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/13...7516040193

Quote:The word clouds in the UNH poll - how opponents of Trump and Biden describe them - are a dang journey. Biden in red, Trump in blue. Note how big "pedophile" is for Biden among Trump supporters.

Link: https://scholars.unh.edu/cgi/viewcontent...nter_polls