Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
There were some local assholes who planted about ten signs in the parking lot of a local city park.  I went back this afternoon due to it pouring out.  I figured no one would be around.  

Someone beat me to it.

[attachment=7002]
(11-01-2020, 07:48 PM)bailey Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 06:46 PM)Paul755 Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 01:56 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: If Jr is ever POTUS or any of his dipshit spawn....I'm legit leaving the country..

I fully expect Don Jr. to run in 2024, even moreso if Biden wins.

Trump doesn't even like his son.  Lose, and Republicans will quickly try to move on from the Trump stink.  Win and Trump will either declare himself dictator for life, or try to burn it all down when he goes out of office.  He ain't paving the way for Junior.  Ivanka, maybe... but not Junior.

2 words- tucker carlson
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
There's still room for piss.
Fuck, if Pumpkins loses this year, I fully expect him to run in 2024 with Ivanka as his veep, and she runs in 2028.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I think anyone is totally kidding themselves if they expect any member of the Trump klan to ever run for president or even public office ever again. After his term is up in Jan. that entire family will be the Romanovs and no one will want anything to do with them. I don't even think Trump will live all that long after he's out in Jan.
My hope is that they eventually go to jail or just go away.  They're a disgrace to humanity.
From you lips to God's ear.

Personally, I don't think the fascist genie is going back in the bottle. This is what the Republicans have been driving towards for the last forty years, or more. This is what their base wants, and it seems to me that even if they're properly vanquished this week, they'll spend the next four years making damn sure the Biden presidency is as gridlocked and unsuccessful as possible, spreading the same easily disproven lies about criminality and pedophilia to a base that couldn't give a shit about proof. Who other than a Trumpling do you run? Maybe some equally vile shitstain like Tucker Carlson, I guess, but that's no better.

If Trump loses, I think they'll martyr him. Not literally, unfortunately, but enough to make this election their shitty version of the Lost Cause. And I'm nervous about it, because the Democrats don't have the spine to actually address this.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(11-02-2020, 12:28 AM)arjen rudd Wrote: From you lips to God's ear.

Personally, I don't think the fascist genie is going back in the bottle. This is what the Republicans have been driving towards for the last forty years, or more. This is what their base wants, and it seems to me that even if they're properly vanquished this week, they'll spend the next four years making damn sure the Biden presidency is as gridlocked and unsuccessful as possible, spreading the same easily disproven lies about criminality and pedophilia to a base that couldn't give a shit about proof. Who other than a Trumpling do you run? Maybe some equally vile shitstain like Tucker Carlson, I guess, but that's no better.

If Trump loses, I think they'll martyr him. Not literally, unfortunately, but enough to make this election their shitty version of the Lost Cause. And I'm nervous about it, because the Democrats don't have the spine to actually address this.

I think you're mostly right here, except for the part about needing a Trump spawn to keep that train running.
(11-01-2020, 11:19 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Fuck, if Pumpkins loses this year, I fully expect him to run in 2024 with Ivanka as his veep, and she runs in 2028.

I think it depends on the severity of the hypothetical loss.  Losing a state like Georgia or Texas would probably stop them in their tracks.  Hell, I feel confident about Arizona completing its blue shift this year.
Trump just doesn't see anything wrong with a supporter of his trying to run a Biden staffer off the road:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...1402350592

Quote:In my opinion, these patriots did nothing wrong. Instead, the FBI & Justice should be investigating the terrorists, anarchists, and agitators of ANTIFA, who run around burning down our Democrat run cities and hurting our people!
A video of Peter Berkowitz in London “showed him coughing at least six times during the hourlong discussion.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/01/us/po...ticleShare

Quote:As part of a diplomatic tour through Europe in late October, the State Department’s director of policy planning briefed journalists in London about the Trump administration’s strategy toward China. A video of the virtual event showed him coughing at least six times during the hourlong discussion.

The senior department official, Peter Berkowitz, held face-to-face meetings the same day with British officials. He had similar meetings with French diplomats a few days later in Paris before flying back to the United States on a commercial airline — and then testing positive for the coronavirus.

Mr. Berkowitz’s trip two weeks ago to Budapest, London and Paris has angered other State Department employees who believed it was unnecessary. It has irritated foreign officials whom he may have exposed to the virus. And it has raised questions about the limits of in-person diplomacy during a pandemic — especially as cases are again skyrocketing across the United States and Europe.

State Department protocols generally call for diplomats who are showing symptoms of the virus — including repeated coughing — to quarantine until they can be tested. Then, if they test positive for Covid-19, they are expected to remain overseas until they test negative or, in extreme cases, can be brought back to the United States with a biomedical unit.

Mr. Berkowitz did neither, according to two State Department officials with direct knowledge of his travels.

Given his senior position at the State Department — the office he leads develops strategic analysis on global trends for the secretary of state — he was not required to seek permission from his superiors before planning the tour that focused on China and a new religious rights panel that is a top priority for Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

The State Department would not make Mr. Berkowitz available for an interview. His symptoms while abroad have not been previously reported, although The Washington Post earlier disclosed that Mr. Berkowitz had tested positive for the virus when he returned to the United States from Europe.
Well, someone else would fire Fauci since Trump doesn't have the guts to do it himself:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...d=msedgntp

Quote:President Donald Trump hinted to supporters at a midnight rally in Florida that he plans fire Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top US infectious diseases expert, after the presidential election. 

At the rally by Miami-Opa Locka airport Sunday night, Trump accused the media of exaggerating the impact of the pandemic, at which point his supporters began to chant "fire Fauci."

After allowing the chants to continue for a few moments, Trump replied: "Don't tell anybody, but let me wait until a little bit after the election. I appreciate the advice. I appreciate it."

The crowd cheered, before Trump continued, noting: "Nah, he's been wrong on a lot. He's a nice man though. He's been wrong on a lot."
https://mobile.twitter.com/chrislhayes/s...2962776071

No real coherent closing argument from the big man; he's just traveling from town to town, telling his supporters that they suck for not supporting him hard enough, and its very unfair that he has to make the time to stop in these shit places. That these people end up stranded in airplane hangars for 8 hours afterwards is just the cherry on top.

Quote:“I shouldn’t even be here. They said I had Georgia made,” Trump says in Rome, Georgia. Rally no. 4.

https://twitter.com/cmsub/status/1323089480149028865
(11-02-2020, 12:13 PM)fuzzy dunlop Wrote: No real coherent closing argument from the big man; he's just traveling from town to town, telling his supporters that they suck for not supporting him hard enough, and its very unfair that he has to make the time to stop in these shit places.  That these people end up stranded in airplane hangars for 8 hours afterwards is just the cherry on top.  

Quote:“I shouldn’t even be here. They said I had Georgia made,” Trump says in Rome, Georgia. Rally no. 4.

HE'S PUNISHING US BECAUSE WE HAVE MADE HIM UNHAPPY!!!
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Look, up until about the last 72 hours I've been reasonably convinced that most of the worrying about widespread craziness and potential violence was...prudent but overblown. That we were going to get the usual crop of election day problems (Machines flipping votes, a couple instances of voter intimidation, long-ass lines, etc...) and quite probably a few scattered and isolated incidents of real crazy. Still more than ideal, but not anything apocalyptic.

Now? Well my wife just got back from stocking up our staples at the grocery store so we can hunker down for the rest of the week (I'm lucky enough to be working from home and we both did mail-in ballots weeks ago). And she got to witness a screaming match in the grocery line between a MAGA-hat wearing man on a hoverround who tried to cut in line and the middle-aged white lady he cut in front of. We live in a "diverse" older middle-class neighborhood that's right on the border of where things start to get more towards "upper middle class"...the type that's a strong candidate for getting targeted for being "uppity." Might be telling that not a single soul in our neighborhood has any political signs out (and they ARE allowed by the HOA).

Local public transportation is cutting back service tomorrow and Thursday. Places are starting to bunker down (though I haven't seen any boarding up). I'm not sure it's overreaction anymore. And now there are sirens going outside (a bit distant) and I can't help but wonder....

And on a random Trumpocalypse side-note: While taking some items to storage today, my wife also witnessed four U-Hauls worth of families unloading stuff into Storage because the storage is cheaper then rent and they're all moving in with family before they get evicted. Four different families, all obviously (formerly?) middle-class by the quality and quantity of their "stuff" (leather couches, "power wheels" toys, large flatscreen TVs, etc....), and from the way they were carrying themselves and talking amongst each other (embarrassed until they realized they were all in the same boat).

EDIT: Oh, I might also add that there have been two fatal shootings near my neighborhood in the last three days. That's up from....zero for the last couple years.
(11-02-2020, 12:17 PM)ska oreo Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 12:13 PM)fuzzy dunlop Wrote: No real coherent closing argument from the big man; he's just traveling from town to town, telling his supporters that they suck for not supporting him hard enough, and its very unfair that he has to make the time to stop in these shit places.  That these people end up stranded in airplane hangars for 8 hours afterwards is just the cherry on top.  

HE'S PUNISHING US BECAUSE WE HAVE MADE HIM UNHAPPY!!!

"Children, will you suffer to come onto me?"

[Image: Nix.jpg]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
I do find it extraordinary that he's up there on the podiums bellowing into the microphones about how he's cold and he doesn't want to be there. This is all so bizarre.
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
He's like Thulsa Doom. Having survived 'the Covid', he's now semi-immortal and tired of raiding and randsacking the poor people and would rather have his devoted and fully 'committed' followers flock to him (and his ego) just to get abandoned, slaughtered and served up as 'split pea and hand' soup (thanks, Mr. Milius).
"Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends."
Stephen Miller
...don't do it
(11-01-2020, 06:59 PM)jmacq1 Wrote: (Though you watch Ivanka try to run as a Democrat in 2028 if she doesn't think she can get the GOP nod in 2024)

There is no doubt in my mind this has been her plan from day one. Just look at how she presented herself. She never engaged in shit-talking on social media. And that's not because she's a good person. I think she would have loved to insulted the poors who had the nerve to talk back to her. No, she wanted to appear measured and even-tempered, especially in contrast to Daddy and her coke-addled brothers. And had things not nose-dived as badly as they did (though Trump could still win), I think she stood a decent chance at getting the nomination. And still might. Hell, W used this shit show to rehabilitate his image. I could see some left-leaning blue checkmarks in eight years reminding us that not only did Ivanka run her own clothing empire, but she also has government experience (and did it for free, to boot!).

I hope not, but if nothing else, these last four years have shown literally anything is possible in American politics.
Reshared on Facebook this evening by my stepfather (and posted here without further comment):

"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

He looks like he's debating whether or not to trust a fart.
He looks like a Westworld host that's depleted its battery pack.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
No offense to your stepfather, but I'm going to revel and feed on his tears on unfathomable sadness.

I'm not a high road person. I'm Randall Flagg and the meltdown of fools is going to empower and feed me.
He looks like me when I read freeman's posts.
If he loses, my recovery process can begin.

My game plan with my dad's side that may have voted for Trump will not get a partisan speech and just to be decent.

My brother will get a calm take on the Ezekiel 25:17 speech about how he used Trump's rhetoric to emotionally abuse me and the years of resentment that have built up. I'll forgive him, which everyone in my family has begged me to do.

And if that happens, I'll need your help.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
(11-02-2020, 11:13 PM)bradito Wrote: He looks like me when I read freeman's posts.

You're correct, you and Trump look a lot alike.
Dirty pool, freeman, dirty pool.
Look at what reading freeman's posts has done to me!!
(11-03-2020, 12:22 AM)commodorejohn Wrote: Dirty pool, freeman, dirty pool.

My plan for today is to vote early, avoid social media the rest of the day and hope I wake up to good news on Wednesday. I really feel that Biden is going to win, but they may just be because that I can't imagine four more years of this shit.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
My plan is to spend literally all day on social media.
Here's an interesting read on what Trump might do if he loses:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2...ump-433704

Quote:A restless figure with few interests outside his own business and political career, no hobbies besides playing golf at his own properties and few traditional friends, Trump thrives on public attention and disruption; this, after all, is a man who couldn’t even spend an entire weekend cooped up inside a hospital while ill with Covid-19 earlier this month and had to take a joyride around Walter Reed Medical Center to wave to supporters.

So if he loses the White House, what new phase would begin on January 21?

In interviews, historians, government legal experts, national security leaders and people close to the administration have a prediction that will disquiet his critics: The Trump Era is unlikely to end when the Trump presidency ends. They envision a post-presidency as disruptive and norm-busting as his presidency has been—one that could make his successor’s job much harder. They outline a picture of a man who might formally leave office only to establish himself as the president-for-life amid his own bubble of admirers—controlling Republican politics and sowing chaos in the U.S. and around the world long after he’s officially left office.

“Can he continue to make people not trust our institutions? Can he throw monkey wrenches into delicate negotiations? Absolutely,” one former Trump administration official says. “He can be a tool. He’ll be somewhere between dangerous and devastating on that extent.”

A president unwilling to respect boundaries in office is almost certain to cross them out of office. Experts envision some likely scenarios—a much-rumored TV show and plans to use his properties to profit off his lifetime Secret Service protection, perhaps even continuing to troll the Biden administration from his hotel down Pennsylvania Avenue—and some troubling if less certain ones, like literally selling U.S. secrets or influence to foreign governments.

Trump has already mused that maybe he’ll leave the country if he loses, but few expect him to willingly depart the American public stage. He would leave the White House with one of the largest social media platforms in the world—including 87 million Twitter followers—and a large campaign email list with a demonstrated small-dollar fundraising capability that could be used to aid other MAGA-friendly politicians—or, just as likely, to sell Trump’s own wares. And he’s presumably going to need every dollar he can squeeze from his businesses and the office he will have just left. As the New York Times has been documenting, Trump personally and the Trump Organization more broadly has more than $1 billion in debt coming due in the years ahead. If he leaves office, he’ll have to be busy raising the cash to pay it off.

Yes, Trump will probably grab the low-hanging fruit favored by ex-presidents past: profiting off the White House with a memoir—though many in the publishing industry don’t think he’ll get that much money for it—and living off a spigot of government money as he settles into the post-presidency. But those presidential traditions will provide just a fraction of the hundreds of millions Trump needs, and are unlikely to satisfy his entertainer’s ego.

"He’s still the leader of a movement,” says Nancy Gibbs, a journalist and historian who co-wrote The Presidents Club about the lives of former presidents. “I’m hard pressed to recall a past president who left office with a movement intact that wasn’t transferred to someone else. I don’t see him giving it up.”

Which means, from even those first minutes, Trump’s post-presidency would almost certainly be unlike anything America—or the world—has ever experienced. Assuming he’s able to settle any legal challenges arising from the presidency and doesn’t spend the rest of his days in tax court in New York state, Trump as a 74-year-old man has a normal life expectancy of around 11 years, and most former presidents actually far outlive the average American, so he might have a couple decades to disrupt the world’s most exclusive club of ex-presidents.

"It’s a safe bet that many of the rules and patterns of past presidents will not apply to him,” says Gibbs. “I long ago stopped putting limits on what he might do or sell. There are no boundaries.”
I like the use of "traditional" for "non-fake" in "traditional friends."