Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GODZILLA vs KONG: ONE. WILL. FALL. Pre-Release Discussion (2021)
I told you guys Mark Wahlburg wasn’t in this.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
(03-03-2021, 09:49 AM)turingmachine75 Wrote: I told you guys Mark Wahlburg wasn’t in this.

Well with that rise in Asian hate crimes he doesn't have the time.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
He is America’s Great Wall.
I hope you guys are ready for some clown to spill his drink on MG's controls, which changes the course of the movie.

Yes, you read that right. Someone got paid to come up with that idea.

Just freaking idiotic.
(03-04-2021, 12:59 AM)gumby Wrote: Just freaking idiotic.

Yes. Your posts thus far have been exactly that.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Pre-release thread. Don't be a dick.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Did, did I just a read a big fucking spoiler!? Asshole! On the ignore list you go'
Git' in under mah belly!
Oh man, I'm more excited now.
Me too. I was hoping that would happen honestly. But my mind is still reeling with the possibilities. Like Big Gulp or just coffee?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Granny's Peach Tea or GTFO.
The arrogance of man is thinking that coffee is in our control, and not the other way around.
Let them percolate!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Looiking over that poster's history I can safely say he's as trustworthy as tits on a bicycle.

Also, a bit of a jerk.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
No spoilers dammit!
Git' in under mah belly!
I'm probably the last person who should be talking given my own snafu a page or so back. But yeah, let's keep any new plot details where they belong, in the post-release thread.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
"We're not all masters of our souls, Meacham...I learned that on Earth."
Just put that poster on ignore since he's obviously an incredibly inept troll alt (that probably has a problem with women and BLM)

And the chance that's an actual spoiler is remote at best.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
(03-04-2021, 02:09 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Me too. I was hoping that would happen honestly. But my mind is still reeling with the possibilities. Like Big Gulp or just coffee?

Booze from a flask, lol.

Seriously.

The movie is a train wreck.  CGI isn't bad at all for the most part but the story is beyond awful.

Kong's team is fine.  Godzilla's team is played as total comedy.

In KOTM, at least Dougherty was a fan and that came through a little, with his making sure Ifukube themes were used and little things that long term kaiju fans would appreciate.

Wingard doesn't give a shit. The music is generic crap. A few times you get an Ifukube sound-alike beginning cue and then it devolves into generic claptrap. And there's no mid or post credit scene and no fun credits sequence at the end like we got in KOTM.

But nothing is as bad as the way Wingard treats Kong as if he's the Washington Generals of the MV. Just beaten up and borderline humiliated throughout the entire film. When he said he wanted a definitive winner, he wasn't kidding, lol.
Can't wait. Cosplay's almost finished.
I put Gumby on ignore too.

It does seem that (based on Reddit) various people have been to screenings, so spoilers are out in the wild.

From the few things I've read, I'm optimistic I'm still gonna love this film.
PSN: Kriegaffe
(03-04-2021, 11:34 PM)gumby Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 02:09 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Me too. I was hoping that would happen honestly. But my mind is still reeling with the possibilities. Like Big Gulp or just coffee?

Booze from a flask, lol.

Seriously.

The movie is a train wreck.  CGI isn't bad at all for the most part but the story is beyond awful.

Kong's team is fine.  Godzilla's team is played as total comedy.

In KOTM, at least Dougherty was a fan and that came through a little, with his making sure Ifukube themes were used and little things that long term kaiju fans would appreciate.

Wingard doesn't give a shit.  The music is generic crap.  A few times you get an Ifukube sound-alike beginning cue and then it devolves into generic claptrap.  And there's no mid or post credit scene and no fun credits sequence at the end like we got in KOTM.

But nothing is as bad as the way Wingard treats Kong as if he's the Washington Generals of the MV.  Just beaten up and borderline humiliated throughout the entire film.  When he said he wanted a definitive winner, he wasn't kidding, lol.

Why are you being such a twat?
My ignore list just grew a little longer.

Also, if you want to avoid spoilers....good luck. WB is apparently spoiling the shit out of this movie with clips on YT. They're gonna be everywhere.

Do your best with a blackout, but expect some spoilers to happen. I'm kinda glad at this point that I let myself get spoiled a month or so ago - even so, I'm not watching any of these clips or spots.

A history of the first time Godzilla and Kong fought.
[video=youtube]http://[/video]
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
I caught that video the other day. It's a nice recap of the legacy of these monsters.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
He does do a good job of reviewing all things kaiju.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Yeah, I'm a fan of his channel.
(03-12-2021, 12:04 AM)Belloq87 Wrote: Yeah, I'm a fan of his channel.

* peruses videos at said channel *

* appreciates succinct [less than 6 minutes!] reviews of movies *

* sees trailer breakdown for GvK runs 90+ minutes *

[Image: giphy.gif]

That Kong theme is NOT what I would expect from this kind of movie.

I like that Kong theme, but holy shit, it all sounds so artificial.

Understandable to an extent during a pandemic... but I'm pretty sure the score was done before that.
Don’t all of Huge Junkie’s STs have that hint of electronica?
Pretty much.
Some Mechagodzilla figures from the movie have popped up on eBay. I picked one up for $60. Pricey but I want it in time for my little brother's birthday in a couple weeks (He turns 12 on the 28th and we're going to watch the movie together on the 31st).

Besides, I need something to spend that stimulus money on besides Blackjack and Hookers.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
"We're not all masters of our souls, Meacham...I learned that on Earth."
Godzilla's theme is good, but they should have just stuck with Bear McCready's Ifukube update.
Considering the nature of the films final villain, I do wonder if having Big & Tall Addict compose the score was a very deliberate move.
After a year of quar, he should change his name to "Junkie XXL."