Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion
In Bulgaria, they have a tradition. When a man turns 78, they give him a bullwhip and send him into a cave. If he finds treasure, he gets to come back out. If not, he dies. It's interesting. So, we're going to keep an eye on that for a while and see if it still works.
You're suggesting we do this to Harrison Ford.

The real ending to Big...
(03-10-2021, 06:44 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: You're suggesting we do this to Harrison Ford.

What I'm suggesting is that his pilot license be pulled and that he be forced to requalify.

I don't think McDonalds is allowed to do anything fun like that anymore.
The McRib is fun.
Shamrock Shake is fun.
McDiarrhea is fun!
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Whataburger or nothing.

The real ending to Big...
Fatburger > Whataburger
(03-12-2021, 08:49 PM)headless fett Wrote: McDiarrhea is fun!

Fun fact, the first and only time I ate an Impossible Whopper from Burger King it gave me the runs.

Another fun fact, my order # was 66. Order 66! Thanks King Palpatine!
Git' in under mah belly!
The UHD box for the first four movies has been officially announced. No deleted scenes.
Can they delete the fourth one?
I wonder how many times I’ll buy the Indiana Jones movies in my life.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
One of life's great mysteries!!
(03-15-2021, 07:07 PM)bradito Wrote: Can they delete the fourth one?

they did 

that disc is now a bonus disc for deleted scenes in chronological order
Perhaps that will be my Henry Jones Sr.-esque late in life revelation.

Ah, seven times!
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
No new bonus features = no purchase.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
None of the three films is on D+.

I'm going to have to give D+ a D-.
I also intensely dislike that they continue to go with the INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK title treatment.
Seriously. Why don't they keep "Volume 24" while they're at it?
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Eh, it's been that way since 2003 and the credits haven't been altered, so it's a minor issue for myself.
If it’s what Lucas wants, I guess it’s what we get.
(03-15-2021, 07:43 PM)mondguy Wrote: Eh, it's been that way since 2003 and the credits haven't been altered, so it's a minor issue for myself.

Just gives you longer to hate it.

When it comes to fast food burgers it's all about Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers.

(03-12-2021, 11:26 PM)cd underbelly Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 08:49 PM)headless fett Wrote: McDiarrhea is fun!

Fun fact, the first and only time I ate an Impossible Whopper from Burger King it gave me the runs.

Another fun fact, my order # was 66. Order 66! Thanks King Palpatine!

That's not a fun fact.
Nobody seems to be concerned about the bolded phrase in the press release:

Quote:Each film has been meticulously remastered from 4K scans of the original negatives with extensive visual effects work done to ensure the most pristine and highest quality image. All picture work was approved by director Steven Spielberg.

I'm hoping that was just a bad way of phrasing that they used the latest and greatest tools in accurately reproducing the look of the films as released.

This would seem to confirm that CRYSTAL SKULL got a 4K scan as well. Wonder if the gauzy style the movie was shot in would even allow any additional detail to come through.
I interpreted that as some VFX recompositing and clean up that was done in earlier versions (like removing the reflection in the glass partition).
I like how indicating Steven Spielberg signed off on the picture quality is supposed to mean anything. This is the guy who basically remote-directed Ready Player One (he did not spend one single day in the studio overseeing post-production and never communicated directly to a single "ground floor" FX artist) and who apparently actually thought that Crystal Skull's cinematography and color grading represented a reasonable approximation of Douglas Slocombe's visual style.

The Spielberg-approved color grading done to RAIDERS the first time it received a 4K remaster (which the Blu is based on) was somewhat divisive as well. It will be interesting to see if they dial back on those decidedly warm colors on this new release, or if orange is how we're getting our swastikas forevermore.
Hi, this and so many other discussions here are very interesting and before I get back into them I want to assure you that I am a real person, never was a troll on these forums. I've also been known as Isildur's Bangs and so on...anyways you guys should discuss the movies only and never bother other people on this forum to the extent that some people previously did. Because you can't get what I have, nobody can. Okay?

Anyways movies this one...it's gotta be about King Arthur or there's no real point to making Indy 5.
did he learn nothing from ET?????

hey! it's hyperspace fuel tumor!!!
(03-15-2021, 10:06 PM)Nooj Wrote: did he learn nothing from ET?????

hey!  it's hyperspace fuel tumor!!!
Could be worse! Could be Devin Feraci! xD

You know it's okay for people to like or dislike films for any reason so long as it's not intended to harm other people. Art isn't what people create, art is what people find relatable in things that people create.

BTW the whole Chomsky thing...that was all real too. And so is the fact that I went to film school with Douglas Slocombe's grandson and I was ghostwriting projects for seniors since my first semester. That was 16 years ago. Where do you think I am now? Pretty nice THX 1138 Tribute I gotta tell ya! See the idea when I went to film school was do something more or less like that Steven Spielberg did at Universal Studios when he was a PA, only without actually producing and directing a feature film. I guess I messed up in a few places because I produced plenty of stuff.
yo! it's real tumorfuel!

not fake tumorfuel!!
(03-15-2021, 09:35 PM)fatherdude Wrote: Nobody seems to be concerned about the bolded phrase in the press release:

Quote:Each film has been meticulously remastered from 4K scans of the original negatives with extensive visual effects work done to ensure the most pristine and highest quality image. All picture work was approved by director Steven Spielberg.

I'm hoping that was just a bad way of phrasing that they used the latest and greatest tools in accurately reproducing the look of the films as released.

Wasn't the shot of the Nazi jeep going over the cliff in the desert chase completely redone for the TV broadcast version not too long ago?

The original shot remains untouched on the Blu-ray.
(03-15-2021, 10:10 PM)Nooj Wrote: yo!  it's real tumorfuel!

not fake tumorfuel!!

You joined after I was like w.e this place is full of jerks, but I like you. I like your posts, I appreciate what you have to say about movies and stuff. Really do!
I still have the trilogy DVD box set they put out ages ago and I'm more than happy with that.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(03-15-2021, 10:15 PM)Belloq87 Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 09:35 PM)fatherdude Wrote: Nobody seems to be concerned about the bolded phrase in the press release:

Wasn't the shot of the Nazi jeep going over the cliff in the desert chase completely redone for the TV broadcast version not too long ago?

The original shot remains untouched on the Blu-ray.

I'm going to wait until I see it. One scene that always bothered me was the tank chase sequence in The Last Crusade, the effect of the tank falling off the cliff looked really cartoonish and took me out of the moment. I still appreciate that about it though, but like I said...when I see if they changed anything - and I could tell just by looking at it more or less exactly what was changed - I'll comment on it. Either way I absolutely do want 4k remastered versions of these films.