Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Godzilla
Just a couple of big beefy men in rubber suits slapping proverbial meat. It's fine, nothing weird.
Git' in under mah belly!
No . . . animusity?
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
(02-07-2021, 01:44 AM)turingmachine75 Wrote: No . . . animusity?

[Image: tEEdq58.gif]
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Godzilla: The Showa Era Soundtracks, 1954-1975 -vinyl box set

[Image: OuterSlipcase_web_1800x1800.jpg?v=1609515789]

[Image: InnerSlipcase_open_web_1800x1800.jpg?v=1609515789]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Last night I watched Godzilla vs Gigan for the first time in years. I actually prefer the human's story to the monsters. It was like an episode of Scooby Doo, a group of 20 somethings investigate a mystery. One of them even has quite the counter culture look. Although unlike Scooby Doo, the bad guys are monsters wearing human disguises.

The stock footage used in the climatic monster fight made me realize I could be watching the superior Godzilla flick Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster. That said, what's the point of getting The Criterion Collection if I'm not going to watch all the movies at least once.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
I just wish the Criterion set came out better. More features, language versions, etc. I'm completely spoiled by the Arrow Video Gamera collection, since it included anything and everything you could think of related to all the movies, and then some you didn't think about too. Then the Showa G collection is like, most of the movies you get just one version of and no extras. Bummer.

It's like bruh, the American version of Godzilla vs Mothra has an extra naval attack sequence that they commissioned TOHO to make. Well movie collection, do you have the American version in here? No? Well, how about at least that sequence as an isolated bonus? No? Well what the fuck? Meanwhile the Gamera set has 2 - 5 versions of each film and like a thousand extras unique to each movie as well. Bah!
Git' in under mah belly!
Since it's kaiju adjacent I can definitely recommend the new PACIFIC RIM: THE BLACK anime series on Netflix. I'm three episodes in and it's great so far.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(02-10-2021, 12:36 PM)vtran Wrote: Godzilla: The Showa Era Soundtracks, 1954-1975 -vinyl box set

[Image: OuterSlipcase_web_1800x1800.jpg?v=1609515789]

[Image: InnerSlipcase_open_web_1800x1800.jpg?v=1609515789]

Oh my gawwwwwwwwd!

(03-04-2021, 06:37 PM)headless fett Wrote: Since it's kaiju adjacent I can definitely recommend the new PACIFIC RIM: THE BLACK anime series on Netflix. I'm three episodes in and it's great so far.

Oh my gawwwwwwwd!
Git' in under mah belly!
Trailer #3

Looks crazy and I mean that as a compliment!
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Something to tide everyone over till Godzilla vs Kong comes out.
[video=youtube]http://[/video]

All of Tenold's video are fun.
Part 2 is up
[video=youtube]http://[/video]
I like Monster Island Buddi-RAWR!
Git' in under mah belly!
Watching a Terror Of MechaGodzilla.

I am constantly amazed/shocked by how many scenes in the Showa series featured guys in heavy suits, with little visibility, acting alongside massive pyrotechnics.
PSN: Kriegaffe
Godzilla’s last charge in ToMG features ALL the pyrotechnics.

There are a few moments in Megalon where you can see Shinji Takagi in the Godzilla suit move the actor in the very flammable Jet Jaguar suit away from the on set fires.