Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Coronavirus Thread, brought to you by Randall Flagg
I agree with the pause, but I'm not dooming over it either.

I'm glad I quit Twitter again for the fifth time.
People: "COVID only has a 1% mortality rate, I'll not be cowed into letting such miniscule chance of complications make me take precautions!"

(vaccine has a 0.0001% chance of blood clots)

Same People: "SEE I TOLD YOU THESE VACCINES ARE POISON!!"
Public health officials in Minnesota have traced COVID-19 cases in nine counties to a recent youth wresting tournament in Sioux Falls, South Dakota:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/minnesota-...itter_page
Imagine driving to another state to watch the dumbest sport and then getting Covid.
(04-13-2021, 12:57 PM)bradito Wrote: Imagine driving to another state to watch the dumbest sport

I can't even imagine this much, let alone the rest.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I wonder if Herman Cain's twitter feed has said anything about it?
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
Speaking as someone who had full blown Covid (and feel like I still do. I still can't smell. Still feel like I'm up to my neck in cement.)...don't let any of these potential side effects deter you. It's just...so bad..

I had my first shot today. I don't feel like shit or anything, so maybe they gave me a placebo for the lulz.
I'm getting my first shot of moderna on Thursday.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
I did end up getting some 2-3 days after side effects.  Fever, headaches, lungs congestion, aches and chills, like recovering from a cold/flu.  Seems to be subsiding finally.
(04-13-2021, 08:53 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Speaking as someone who had full blown Covid (and feel like I still do. I still can't smell. Still feel like I'm up to my neck in cement.)...don't let any of these potential side effects deter you. It's just...so bad..

Have you looked into getting vaccinated?  I've seen several stories about people that are experiencing long term symptoms, after getting Covid, reporting improved health as a result.  I am not a doctor, so obviously it would be good to do more research, but the vaccine is free so, might be an option?

I've noticed most of the articles/new stories seem to mention this happening with the Pfizer shot more than the others, but this article says that any vaccine may result in improvement.

Here's one random article about it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/17/healt...fects.html

Quote:Scientists are only beginning to study any potential effect of vaccines on long Covid symptoms. Anecdotes run the gamut: Besides those who report feeling better after the shots, many people say they have experienced no change and a small number say they feel worse.

Reports from doctors vary too. Dr. Daniel Griffin, an infectious disease physician at Columbia University, said about 40 percent of the long Covid patients he’s been treating cite symptom improvement after the vaccine. “They notice, ‘Hey, over the days, I’m feeling better. The fatigue isn’t so bad, maybe smell is coming back,’” Dr. Griffin said.

Other doctors say it is too early to know.

My wife and I got our first shot of Pfizer yesterday.  Outside of a sore arm and feeling a bit tired at the end of the day, feel pretty good today, so far.
You should get vaccinated anyway, if only to prevent a possible second infection.
I've had the first shot..

My mistake. Didn't know you were halfway there.
Hey, man, nice shot.

/Filter
(04-14-2021, 01:24 PM)mondguy Wrote: My mistake.  Didn't know you were halfway there.

It's cool lol. How could you have known?

The tracking device?
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChelseaClinto...6589986817

(04-14-2021, 02:07 PM)bailey Wrote: The tracking device?

It amazes me the people that think this. Why is it just the vaccine that's some illuminati plot? Why aren't they paranoid about every single needle they're ever stuck with? Do they allow themselves to be put under anesthesia for surgery? That'd be the PERFECT time to put a tracker in you. But nope...just the vaccine..

or maybe THE FUCKING CELL PHONES WE ALL CARRY IN OUR POCKETS...
(04-14-2021, 03:08 PM)sean blackwell Wrote: or maybe THE FUCKING CELL PHONES WE ALL CARRY IN OUR POCKETS...
Maybe if someone points this out to them they'll all fuck off of social media forever..

Logic, you suggest? Surely not, my good man.
It is not logical to expect them to be logical..

"It's not tracking if I GIVE them my location, activities and thoughts at all times!"
Gamertag: Tweakee
Republican men are wimps who're scared of needles. It's that simple. They bring up all this conspiracy shit to justify their cowardice, but at the end of the day, they're just fuckin' wussies scared of a little pinch.
It's not just needles they're afraid of. They're scared of everything..

(04-14-2021, 02:07 PM)bailey Wrote: The tracking device?

[Image: robocop-iphone.png]
They're horrified of being penetrated. By anything.

Well, horrified of the accompanying arousal, at least.
Gamertag: Tweakee
If you were wondering why your conservative uncle won't take any vaccine:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-carls...ostpopular

Quote:Tucker Carlson went ahead and actually suggested to his millions of viewers Tuesday night that the reason public health officials are still advising vaccinated people to be cautious is that the vaccines don’t work “and they’re simply not telling you that.”

Carlson started by saying, “We’ve heard an awful lot about the coronavirus vaccine over the last several months. It’s a massive achievement as a scientific matter, something all Americans can be proud of, but that’s not the context in which we’ve heard about it.”

Carlson — who said in a recent segment of his show “I think of myself as pretty pro-vaccine” — told viewers on his show Tuesday night, “We’re not against it on principle. Like almost every American, we’re grateful for vaccines, but before we take this one, a few questions about it, about this specific vaccine.”

He covered the news of six individuals out of the millions who got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine who developed blood clots, leading to the FDA and CDC recommending a pause on that vaccine in particular. Carlson then speculated as he told viewers, “It is possible, in fact, that this vaccine is more dangerous than they’re indicating it is.”

“All of which leads to the second essential question: is the vaccine effective, does it work? Well, of course it works and that’s why they’re giving it to the entire population. That’s why this vaccine rollout is more important than the moonshot, because it works. The president himself told us that. The funny thing is if you listen carefully, they’re not really saying that anymore” Carlson said.
Nearly 10% of Texas' nursing home population died from COVID. 

1 in 5 of all of the Texas COVID deaths were people in nursing homes. 

https://apps.texastribune.org/features/2...1578686979
Why do they care whether it works or not if they won't take it yet also swear that Donald Trump still deserves praise for it?

It's like they're only easy to manipulate if what you want them to believe is stupid as shit..

I got the first shot today and at the moment I feel fine. I was told if there are side effects, it would take about 18 hours to show up. I was told I'll get a call in about a month to schedule the second shot.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Got my first yesterday. Woke up with mild soreness to my arm that passed after a few hours on the job. My workplace is giving us a free sick day following our second shot, which is very nice.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
India's in the midst of a terrible wave right now:

https://twitter.com/globalsarang/status/...6864915462

[Image: EzAaYuYUYAQ69Kh?format=jpg&name=900x900]