Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS Official Pre-Release Thread
Jai Courtney is distinctive??
Jai Courtney should play freeman in freeman's biopic.
I’m not getting a biopic and you know it.
I wanna ask his mom why they went with an I instead of Y. What makes this Jay so special that he's a Jai.
But why?
It’s not pronounced Jay though. It’s Jai, as in “hi.”
Oh shit, that's Jackson Wang doing the music. He was one of the guys I had fan-casted for the role itself a few years back. Weird coincidence!
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
The fight on the bus looks cool.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
(04-19-2021, 08:43 PM)the nz natural Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 03:16 PM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: As a skeptic of recent MCU stuff, I say... it looks promising.

The main guy's attitude and stance look good.

Watch "Nora from Queens" on Comedy Central/HBO Max, it made me fall in love with Awkwafina. She is unbelievably funny when she's unleashed.

Bill Pope is there, I hear the choreographer is good, all they need is to not butcher it in the editing. Color grading is a lost cause, as observed above.

Simu Liu (the lead) was actually Garbage Boy in the "Grandma & Chill" episode of Nora.
Nice! I didn't recognize him.
(04-20-2021, 03:06 AM)kyle reese 2 Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 08:43 PM)the nz natural Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 03:16 PM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: As a skeptic of recent MCU stuff, I say... it looks promising.

The main guy's attitude and stance look good.

Watch "Nora from Queens" on Comedy Central/HBO Max, it made me fall in love with Awkwafina. She is unbelievably funny when she's unleashed.

Bill Pope is there, I hear the choreographer is good, all they need is to not butcher it in the editing. Color grading is a lost cause, as observed above.

Simu Liu (the lead) was actually Garbage Boy in the "Grandma & Chill" episode of Nora.
Nice! I didn't recognize him.

Probably the lack of suspenders.
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
I liked Chappie. Hugh Jackman chews scenery in that one.

This looks cool so far. Akwafina's showbiz profile continues to rise, good for her.
Git' in under mah belly!
(04-20-2021, 05:37 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: I liked Chappie. Hugh Jackman chews scenery in that one.

This looks cool so far. Akwafina's showbiz profile continues to rise, good for her.

She was good in Jumanji Harder, but I can't place her in anything else.

The only thing I've ever seen Akwafina is in Rayas as the annoying sidekick. I mean good on her, I guess. She's making moves.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Aside from her dramatic turn in THE FAREWELL, I feel that she’s largely played spunky sidekicks in blockbuster movies

she seems to be in that kind of role for SHANG CHI as well
(04-20-2021, 02:05 PM)Nooj Wrote: Aside from her dramatic turn in THE FAREWELL, I feel that she’s largely played spunky sidekicks in blockbuster movies

She's a rapper right?  I don't think I've ever heard any of her music.  And in the past couple of years she suddenly has been in a slew of movies, has her own tv show, sure she's got some VA gigs for games/animation.  I guess she's the girl to represent the asian demographic.

I mean, I guess she has a huge following right?
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
(04-20-2021, 02:11 PM)ska oreo Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 02:05 PM)Nooj Wrote: Aside from her dramatic turn in THE FAREWELL, I feel that she’s largely played spunky sidekicks in blockbuster movies 

She's a rapper right?  I don't think I've ever heard any of her music.

“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
*sees my Vag*
*wonders if he should play this out loud in public*

I listened to some tracks of hers on Spotify. She's fine. But I totally get why she's popular. Quirky Asian girl dropping bars is a space that was sure to get her attention. And her joke style rapping is pretty much a perfect fit for Instagram/tiktok.
Only if you are currently on public transportation.
*Watches about a minute of her rap video*

So, anyway, I thought she was good in Jumanji Harder.

I thought she was bottled water brought to life!
Yeah it's comedy rapping with a heavy emphasis on comedy.  I do have a certain affinity for white boy rappers deliberately being as goofy as possible.

I sort of lost interest in rap when it just became guys listing all the things that they own and how nice it is to be obscenely wealthy.

It'd be like a metal band singing about how life's pretty cool.
(04-20-2021, 02:59 PM)bradito Wrote: I sort of lost interest in rap when it just became guys listing all the things that they own and how nice it is to be obscenely wealthy.

"Got mine, fuck y'all" should be our new national motto.

New?

Pretty sure that's been the motto all along.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(04-20-2021, 03:19 PM)MichaelM Wrote: New?

Pretty sure that's been the motto all along.

This nation once had citizens who planted trees the shade of which they would never sit beneath.

Then the Boomers happened.

[Image: tenor.gif]
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
(04-20-2021, 03:07 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 02:59 PM)bradito Wrote: I sort of lost interest in rap when it just became guys listing all the things that they own and how nice it is to be obscenely wealthy.

"Got mine, fuck y'all" should be our new national motto.

It's the problem with rap.  I love rap and spend a lot of time listening to it.  But I also have to deal with the fact that it is a medium that worships the dollar and pure captialism.  Is it any wonder that certain rappers have come out as Trump supporters?

I mean, there's rap music that certainly ain't about those things.   But ya gotta look for it.
(04-20-2021, 03:23 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: tumblr_pqms8ojNPo1wsrgmo_540.gifv]

(04-20-2021, 02:27 PM)Overlord Wrote: *Watches about a minute of her rap video*

Ditto, I thought she was great in that.
(04-20-2021, 03:28 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 02:27 PM)Overlord Wrote: *Watches about a minute of her rap video*

Ditto, I thought she was great in that.

Her impersonations were a hoot.

Heck, I thought all of Jumanji Harder was a hoot!

I thought it was ok
(04-20-2021, 03:31 PM)Nooj Wrote: I thought it was ok

Yes, I recall your comments in the post-release thread.

Maybe I'm just an old, but "Awkwafina" seems like a dumb handle, the kind of thing that gets dropped once in hit big-time movies, with a stop at quoted-between-her-real-names along the way.

Anyway, she's kinda cute and I've liked her in the couple things I've seen.

SHANG-CHI looks pretty good. Tony Leung as the Mandarin is some great casting-- guess I hadn't seen the news on that.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
I first heard of her because Bojack Horseman has a dolphin character called Aquafina.
PSN: Kriegaffe
Both she and Bojack based the name on the water brand. Weird choice for one of them. But I'm not gonna say which.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
poor dasani