Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fast and Furious 9 -- An Overlord Pre and Post Release Discussion Thread
Been there!
I had a good time with this

first theatrical experience with a fairly packed crowd that was game for all the nonsense
Same here!

It's silly nonsense and the retcons are all bullshit. Still this was the mindless kind of entertainment i needed right now. Cena is a good addition to the cast. I can buy him as Dom's brother. Enjoyed this more than 8 in fact.

P.S - And is that Martyn Ford fighting Cena in the car finale? He's one of the few people that can make Dave Bautista look like a teddy bear.
Apparently no one in my audience got the memo about the Jurassic World teaser, so those dopes had no idea what was going on for a few minutes. But I knew. I knew all along.
So, is Kurt Russell dead? No one cares? Alright.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(06-26-2021, 06:41 AM)Felix Wrote: P.S - And is that Martyn Ford fighting Cena in the car finale? He's one of the few people that can make Dave Bautista look like a teddy bear.

I was hoping that fight would refer back to the EuroTrash villain's great dental plan joke by having Cena bust that guy's teeth!
The main villain is supposed to be Elon Musk, right?
that was the impression that some of my friends got too
Your friends are correct!
YOU'RE my friend!
Am I invited to the denouement BBQ??
only if you say grace!
"Lord, please bless all of us candy-asses, so that we never lose a fight. Amen!"
Went 3 pages back and didn't see it.

How does Han come back?
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Force Ghost
Lucas Black looks old now.
He's a Force Ghost too.
he’s my friend
Guest of honor at the denouement BBQ.
(06-26-2021, 05:33 PM)anyawatchin angel Wrote: Went 3 pages back and didn't see it.  

How does Han come back?

Leia infiltrates Jabba's palace in disguise as a bounty hunter.
Chewbacca pretends to be her prisoner.
C-3PO and R2D2 pretend to be gifts of Luke.
The plan itself isn't really clear but Luke shows up and it essentially all falls together.
'make sure you pay attention to the awesome suits' - Nooj on UNDERWATER
This was so dumb and so awesome.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
I watched part five again. Still my favorite. Hobbs is an amazing addition.
Yeah, 5 really is the best.
Han is back because he faked his death, with Mr. Nobody's help. That's it.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
honestly, the reveal felt disappointingly routine within all the ludicrousness of the movies

I figured that Roman constantly wondering about their odd immortality (reminding me of Jules in Pulp Fiction) would pay off with Han always being off in the shadows helping them or something.

(specifically in the opening action/chase in the jungle where Roman mysteriously takes out 15 soldiers without getting a scratch)
That stuff with Roman was exciting to me, because I thought for a second he was going to realize he was a character in a movie franchise. No dice.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
That's really the only place left to go after space, driving so fast that they crash right through the Fourth Wall.
(06-27-2021, 01:54 AM)arjen rudd Wrote: Han is back because he faked his death, with Mr. Nobody's help. That's it.

Ok.....guess they can forgive Statham easier now.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Even for movies that make no sense this makes no fucking sense. 

If Mr. Nobody is so clever that he can set up a situation so elaborate that it fools everyone into thinking someone has been dead for YEARS...including the badass who thought he killed the guy...then, why does he need Dom and his meatheads in the first place? This might as well have dragons and aliens in it. 

Actually...they probably will fight off an alien invasion in the next one..

I was confused at the reveal and thought that Shaw was in on the plan until that post credit scene.  I might have tuned out partially throughout though.  It's dopey, even by F&F standards.  

I cracked up at Cena's Wreck-It Ralph arms during his last exchange w/ Dom.  Looking forward to the inevitable Hobbs v Jakob match.
The most important thing in life is broads. Broads!
(06-27-2021, 10:39 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Even for movies that make no sense this makes no fucking sense. 

If Mr. Nobody is so clever that he can set up a situation so elaborate that it fools everyone into thinking someone has been dead for YEARS...including the badass who thought he killed the guy...then, why does he need Dom and his meatheads in the first place? This might as well have dragons and aliens in it. 

Actually...they probably will fight off an alien invasion in the next one..

"C'mon, let Tyrese have his Fast And Furious/Transformers crossover"

https://www.avclub.com/cmon-let-tyrese-h...1847179606

Yeah, sure ... why the fuck not at this point?
I thought this was pretty bad, easily my least favorite of the ones I've seen (still haven't seen TD or Part 4).  The problem is that Diesel, Rodriguez and Cena all act like they are in ORDINARY PEOPLE; meanwhile, others are launching a car into space.  It's the most tonally inconsistent of the recent films by far.  Bleh.   

Possible hot take:  the magnet thing was done better in Bay's SIX UNDERGROUND.
"Lets pour some sugar on Dallas!!  Seriose inquarys only!"
(06-27-2021, 10:44 AM)isao kanemasa Wrote: I was confused at the reveal and thought that Shaw was in on the plan until that post credit scene.  I might have tuned out partially throughout though.  It's dopey, even by F&F standards.  

no, I thought the same thing based on what was said 

I don’t think I tuned out, but I may have missed something in the constant exposition 

we also cracked up at that shot of Cena’s arms
Having Sung Kang's monotone delivery handle the exposition did it no favors either.

My daughter just watched TOKYO DRIFT earlier this week so she was shocked at how old Lucas Black looked in this.  "Is he sick?" she asked me as we walked back to the car.

And how does Jason Tobin not know who Dominic Toretto is?  Didn't they go to Germany based on Dom's instructions?
The most important thing in life is broads. Broads!
Yeah, I thought Shaw was in on it too but whatever.

I remember reading rumors that Walkers brother was shooing stuff for this one. I wonder if the Fambly bbq showed more than Brian’s car but it just looked too shitty even for this.

I liked this one better than the last two for sure but at this point not having Hobbs seems a little glaring.