Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STAR TREK 14 (20??)
(07-13-2021, 11:21 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: And Worf hates tribbles!

[Image: tumblr_or8ea8KcA01vaqoiqo1_400.gifv]

(07-13-2021, 09:46 PM)Overlord Wrote: There hasn't been any Trek content better than "OK" since First Contact.

I would take Galaxy Quest or Orville over every official Trek project since FC, combined, by like a factor of 100.

[Image: 200.gif]
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Overlord is right in that “The Orville” is better than both Discovery and Picard.

But Lower Decks…nope.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
The Orville's fine for what it is. I enjoy the new Trek offerings a lot more IMO.

Lower Decks is great fun and anyone who says different has their phasers set to fuddy duddy,
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Family Guy ass Star Trek. Ugh.
You’ve never watched it. YouTube clips, gifs and episode recaps on Wikipedia don’t count.
I used to be like Freeman. Dismissing Lower Decks sight unseen.

Then I gave it an honest chance. Cause I’m not a bish.
The more comedic episodes of STAR TREK have generally never been my favorites (there are exceptions, especially in TOS), so I can't imagine an animated comedy series really doing it for me.

If the early trailers and ads weren't indicative of the tone, then the marketing team should have been fired.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Belloq if the end of the second episode doesn’t win you over then it may not be for you.

It’s a beautiful moment that encapsulates the wonder and idealism in Trek. It’s a real labor of love by people who love Trek, in spite of having a more comedic cynical edge.
(07-14-2021, 12:31 AM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: I used to be like Freeman. Dismissing Lower Decks sight unseen.

Then I gave it an honest chance. Cause I’m not a bish.
I am famously a bish that’s my out!
I’ve been digging Lower Decks.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
I dismissed Lower Decks out of hand. I didn't bother with it when it first appeared. Everything about it on the surface annoyed myself.

Then YouTube threw a clip of the Titan saving the Cerritos into my algorithm. After watching that bit about twenty times I thought "Maybe I should give this a shot."

For all of its irreverence and satire, it gets Trek on a level beyond fanbase references. Mariner's arc through the season was one of the best examples of this.
So….we now have multiple films…AGAIN.

https://trekmovie.com/2021/09/15/paramou...t-shakeup/
I will NEVER watch Lower Decks.

I'll live to piss on Lower Decks GRAVE!
**shrug**
I've wanted a show about the lower ranking riff-raff aboard a ship bitching at each other for longer than I can remember, and Lower Decks is better than I ever thought it would be. Honestly. Anyone who hasn't watched it has a treat to look forward to.
It’s just weird that the tough guy from Head of the Class is now in charge of Paramount.