The CHUD Show/Movie Microscope Podcast Discussion
Think from the white hair era, Molt.
"Hunger is the best spice, they say." 
We did it.

We finally zoomed an essential movie.

WRONG TURN 2021 awaits.
Keep this thread alive, folks.
I liked that this one went with the weird hidden society angle instead of the usual cannibals. Would have been better without the dopey tacked on ending. That leader guy really does look like a young John Ratzenberger.

Nice to be reminded of Uncle Benny's baller suicide in THE CORRUPTOR. What's interesting is the same actor, Kim Chan, plays a crime boss named Uncle Benny in LETHAL WEAPON 4 also. Guess it's not that interesting.
It is interesting....you zoomed in!

I kinda missed the mutants a little. Nick was more on board with The Foundation.
I zoom in a lot while listening. Second nature now.
Thank you for listening.
You bet! Enjoying them a lot. Have a good birthday weekend!
Still can't get that Cat's Eye theme out of my head. That's the Zoom Effect
That 69 / 96 epiphany and subsequent realization had me laughing out loud!
I've been storing up a delicious episode backlog over the last few weeks since - as I assume Nick is also doing - I'm listening to nothing but European Football Championship podcasts all day lately.
Alex Cross awaits.
The Bucho of Sligo
Haven't seen ALEX CROSS but while listening I was surprised when it was mentioned that Matthew Fox hadn't done anything since BONE TOMAHAWK. So I zoomed in on his wiki page and found this:

Quote:In May 2012, his Lost co-star Dominic Monaghan Tweeted about Fox, "He beats women. Not isolated incidents. Often."[27] Fox refuted the claims, saying "the Monaghan situation -- was a pile of bulls---, and I'm not gonna waste too much breath on that."

Wild.
Justin discussed that very thing on the show.
That's what I get for posting midway through it.

Finished it. Surprised that Ed Burns would factor so much in the post-credit scene.
"Where is this set, did you zoom in that far?"
"The woods."
Bridge and Tunnel... renewed!

https://deadline.com/2021/07/bridge-and-...234792863/
We did it. #burnsmonth
A Sound of Thunder awaits!
I'm a huge Hyams admirer. I can even watch END OF DAYS and sorta kinda not hate it. But I never saw SOUND OF THUNDER. Couldn't do it. This episode is the most exposure I've had to the movie and that's for the best.

Appreciated the zoom in on Franchise Pictures. Can't fathom how ECKS VS. SEVER cost $70 million. 

Now I'm gonna go back to listen to the RUNNING SCARED installment. Hail Hyams.
The Presidio is also...presidio awful. But I'm a Hyams stan(m) too. Lord knows what he went through on this one. He def shot it like there was going to be money to complete it.
The Presidio is essential.
Let's not.
THE PRESIDIO was a misfire. Should have been a Hackman type vehicle. I just don't buy Connery as a guy lounging around the house in a 49ers sweatshirt.
The end of the Alex Cross episode is one of the best ends of any podcast episode that's ever ended.
The very end? Justin’s sandwich situation?
Giles Mercier-themed soft drink.
(07-18-2021, 09:42 AM)Nick Nunziata Wrote: The very end? Justin’s sandwich situation?

Even reading the words "Justin’s sandwich situation" makes my heart sing.
Burns month is muy caliente. A Sound of Thunder is one of the few DVDs I kept from doing CHUD Reviews just because of how fantastic the effects are. I enjoyed hearing your thoughts and learning more about Maggie Q's bowels.
She’s the One is live!
And it’s good.
The early Burns offerings all run together in my head. I'm all in for THEY'RE THE TWO though.

Craig Sheffer never topped SPLIT DECISIONS.
15 Minutes awaits.
Robert De Niro is sitting on a cloud, listening to the pod with his earphones unplugged, zooming in with a smile