Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO TIME TO DIE - post-release thread
A 9 minute preview from the pre-credit sequence has been screened and detailed on many sites, might as well include it here as it contains spoilers:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles...s?id=04927

It seems the September/October release is pretty much locked. The only thing that could push this back is if there's a sudden lockdown worldwide.
I mean, does it contain spoilers, really?
For those who want to talk about it but not in the pre-release thread, sure.
Wait, is the Man With the Electronic Eye actually Largo?
[Image: fduOCEd.gif]
Can you really spoil a Bond movie at this point? They're not exactly intricate and intelligent portrayals of spycraft you know.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Depends on how invested you are in Bond, I suppose. These movies are a bigger deal to me than the Marvel fare, so I’m more hyped for this.
I wish they cast someone else besides Seydoux. She and Craig have no chemistry together.
She's also a good 15 years too young for him.

The real ending to Big...
(08-25-2021, 02:58 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: She's also a good 15 years too young for him.

There's a No Time to Die promo photo of him guiding her somewhere and it immediately reminded me of Liam Neeson and Maggie Grace in Taken.

Look, love is love, people can find it wherever (and thus so can films), but Craig is the rare Hollywood actor that looks older than his age while Seydoux follows the more standard formula of looking 5+ years younger than she is.  This visually magnifies their actual age gap by quite a bit.

**The promo photo in question:

[Image: b8c3ac2a59ce782896d8f88b67c9615d.jpg]

This is nothing compared to the age gaps between Roger Moore and his leading ladies. In FOR YOUR EYES ONLY he was 30 years older than Carole Bouquet.
I always think of the story from A View to a Kill.

Tanya Roberts' mother visits the set. When introducing her to Roger, he finds out she's younger than him. By quite a few years. Supposedly that was when he decided to retire.

That or him being laughed off the screen by then. You decide.

The real ending to Big...
Moore was always honest about having done one film too many. OCTOPUSSY would have been a much better final outing for him. Looking at his leading ladies, the closest age gap he had was with Britt Ekland, by 15 years. His leading ladies were typically 20 years younger, and that’s why his pairing with Maud Adams felt less stark because she was 37 when he was 55.
I thought James Bond, the character, was between 35-45. Yeah, the actors aged out of that, but who gives a fuck? Just suspend disbelief.

The bullets in his gun ain't real, either! Spoilers?
(08-25-2021, 01:37 AM)Felix Wrote: I wish they cast someone else besides Seydoux. She and Craig have no chemistry together.

No kidding.  Bond on screen remembering Vesper 10-15 years ago is much more compelling than any of the relationships in any of the films since.
"Whose advice are you going to take in show business, Judd Apatow or me?" - Norm Macdonald

I think it's less the age difference and more that Seydoux doesn't hold the screen next to Craig especially well-- in SPECTRE anyhow. But only a handful of Bond Girls have managed to really do that with their respective Bonds. What are you gonna do?
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
Maybe that’s why they break up at the beginning of the film.
Because people complain about them online?
(08-25-2021, 10:38 PM)subotai Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 01:37 AM)Felix Wrote: I wish they cast someone else besides Seydoux. She and Craig have no chemistry together.

No kidding.  Bond on screen remembering Vesper 10-15 years ago is much more compelling than any of the relationships in any of the films since.

I thought Craig worked well with Olga Kurylenko.

She's more of a colleague than a romantic interest here.

The problem wasn't with Seydoux, it was the writing not adding up. It starts with Swann seemingly HATING Bond from the start, but then the movie tries to force a romance that it never feels anything other than contrived. SPECTRE desperately needed rewrites more than anything.

Given that this is a new film-making team, I look forward to how they re-contextualize the relationship between Bond and Swann.
(08-26-2021, 01:35 AM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: The problem wasn't with Seydoux, it was the writing not adding up. It starts with Swann seemingly HATING Bond from the start, but then the movie tries to force a romance that it never feels anything other than contrived. SPECTRE desperately needed rewrites more than anything.

Given that this is a new film-making team, I look forward to how they re-contextualize the relationship between Bond and Swann.

I have never thought that there was the slightest bit of chemistry between Seydoux and Craig.  I would be surprised if they liked each other, at all, in real life (though I admit onscreen/offscreen dynamics could be remarkably different).

This is in comparison to Eva Green who positively crackled with Craig.

Just my read on it.

Craig gets approval over casting leading ladies in these films, so the fact that he was game to have her back at least says to me that he must have enjoyed working with her. But like I said, we'll see how that dynamic actually plays out on NTTD.
(08-26-2021, 02:19 AM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: Craig gets approval over casting leading ladies in these films, so the fact that he was game to have her back at least says to me that he must have enjoyed working with her. But like I said, we'll see how that dynamic actually plays out on NTTD.

Well they kind of have to have her back don't they? It would be kind of weird if they didn't. Probably some think pieces.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
The way SP ended was vague enough that it could have worked like any other Bond ending. It never explicitly says Bond quit the service, that was all left to subtext. In fact, the Danny Boyle version of the film supposedly did that by having Bond still in the service and not having Swann. But once they started anew with Fukanaga, they decided to pick up on the idea that Bond did in fact quit for Swann.
(08-26-2021, 01:48 AM)Overlord Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 01:35 AM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: The problem wasn't with Seydoux, it was the writing not adding up. It starts with Swann seemingly HATING Bond from the start, but then the movie tries to force a romance that it never feels anything other than contrived. SPECTRE desperately needed rewrites more than anything.

I have never thought that there was the slightest bit of chemistry between Seydoux and Craig.  I would be surprised if they liked each other, at all, in real life (though I admit onscreen/offscreen dynamics could be remarkably different).

This is in comparison to Eva Green who positively crackled with Craig.

Just my read on it.

It’s tough to compare almost any Bond girl to Green though. Her and Rigg are really in a league of their own.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
Couldn't basically all of this conversation have happened in the pre-release thread?
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Brief snippet from the score, with Johnny Marr playing the theme on the guitar:

https://www.facebook.com/167093060050186...906240559/
Sounds pretty classically Bondian.

Glad Zimmer isn't trying to reinvent anything.
All that work that I put into getting the pre-release thread title changed, and this is now where all the action is, a post-release thread for a movie that's over a month away from release.

Peak TC!
What if I give it sponsorship?
(08-30-2021, 04:28 PM)bradito Wrote: All that work that I put into getting the pre-release thread title changed, and this is now where all the action is, a post-release thread for a movie that's over a month away from release.

Peak TC!

[Image: tumblr_onkmgxeoIV1srul9io1_500.gifv]
'make sure you pay attention to the awesome suits' - Nooj on UNDERWATER
(08-28-2021, 01:43 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: Couldn't basically all of this conversation have happened in the pre-release thread?

Does it really matter one way or the other?
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
There should have been a post release thread since November 2019, but hey…
(08-30-2021, 04:20 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: Sounds pretty classically Bondian.

Glad Zimmer isn't trying to reinvent anything.

it mostly sounds like the way Bond trailers have sounded in modern times
(08-30-2021, 10:56 PM)Paul755 Wrote: Does it really matter one way or the other?

I'm not a fan of rendering threads obsolete before it's absolutely necessary.

But it is what it is.  We're in here now.

(08-30-2021, 11:36 PM)Nooj Wrote: it mostly sounds like the way Bond trailers have sounded in modern times

I don't think it's quite that overblown and/or generic.  Off the top of my head, I don't remember recent trailers giving us the full twangy guitar version of the theme.