Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drugs
Outside of alcohol, I haven't noticed much attention allowed to drugs on the CHUD boards. Although cigarettes are...well, the least said of cigarettes the better. It seems the left lacks a libertarian streak in them (though granted you aren't all lefties).

[That's a personal libertarian streak, not political]
[Personal as in what you believe yourself and other people should be able to do to themselves]
[The left and right are both pro-big gov't]

Salvia is a good hallucinogen. It boggles my mind that it's legal here (in Canada). I'd feel uncomfortable brandishing a container of it in front of a cop. Now, granted, it is very short-lived, but perfect for curing boredom when you've got something to do in an hour or two. Feels like an exact cross between being drunk or stoned, without nausea.

I am traveling to Amsterdam soon and well...space cake beckons.
Never did any. Don't plan on to. And anyone who one does meth gets written off.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreary louse
View Post
Outside of alcohol, I haven't noticed much attention allowed to drugs on the CHUD boards.

Dude, there's an entire HUGE thread devoted to pot.
How Could You Miss This?
Quote:

View Post
Salvia is a good hallucinogen. It boggles my mind that it's legal here (in Canada). I'd feel uncomfortable brandishing a container of it in front of a cop. Now, granted, it is very short-lived, but perfect for curing boredom when you've got something to do in an hour or two. Feels like an exact cross between being drunk or stoned, without nausea.

I'm pretty 'meh' when it comes to Salvia. It's fun to do every now and then, but once it wears off (3 minutes later), I don't want to do it again.
Quote:

How Could You Miss This?

Well, uh, this thread is more broad in scope, though I did somehow miss that pot one..

Quote:

I'm pretty 'meh' when it comes to Salvia. It's fun to do every now and then, but once it wears off (3 minutes later), I don't want to do it again.

I don't feel regular till about an hour later - though its effects are much dimmer after those few minutes. But I do like the idea of a compact trip when you don't have twelve hours to spare on shrooms or LSD.
As for salvia, I've done it a few times but it's really nothing to write home about. Tripping balls for 4 minutes is fun in a way, but kind of pointless too. I just stick to the weed.

As for other drugs, I try not to do any "mind altering substances" more than twice a year. But I enjoy shrooms, ecstacy, and acid. Just not something anyone should do on a regular basis. And I stay away from other drugs.
I don't think I've heard of anyone use acid and mushrooms on a regular basis. People of the 1960s are of course excused...
Quote:

View Post
I don't think I've heard of anyone use acid and mushrooms on a regular basis. People of the 1960s are of course excused...

I've definitely seen it.

Motherfuckers are also apparently doing a ton of meth-fueled sleep deprivation hallucination experiments these days. This is an annoying development because meth makes people even more irritating than cocaine, and the sleep deprivation (and meth) makes them cranky as shit. When's the big PCP comeback jumping off? Will crack make a comeback?

Also, cheese is poised to explode out of Texas like George W. Bush to fuck the country up.
Quote:

View Post

I've seen this a lot, actually.
I've witnessed acid take it's toll on a few people. My good friend's acquaintance and his younger brother can barely function now. It's kind of scary, the younger one even has problems doing simple things like navigating stairs, all from acid. He wigged out for no reason one time years ago and beat the shit out of his mother.
I love shrooms(1 bad trip out of over 10, and that was only due to a super large crowd), but thanks to those brothers(among other issues), I have no intention of ever doing acid.

And reggie-wanker, crack never went anywhere.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexus-7
View Post
I've seen this a lot, actually.
I've witnessed acid take it's toll on a few people. My good friend's acquaintance and his younger brother can barely function now. It's kind of scary, the younger one even has problems doing simple things like navigating stairs, all from acid. He wigged out for no reason one time years ago and beat the shit out of his mother.
I love shrooms(1 bad trip out of over 10, and that was only due to a super large crowd), but thanks to those brothers(among other issues), I have no intention of ever doing acid.

And reggie-wanker, crack never went anywhere.

No drug ever really goes completely away - but I certainly remember times when there were a whole lot more people around obviously smoking crack.
Devin started a thread a few years back that was dozens of pages long. Plenty of people talked about their drugs of choice. Also, Robo-trippin!

Quote:

View Post

What? Did you not go to college?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva
View Post

How could I forget that thread?

Yea, there have been a decent amount of threads started on the topic about which methods of bodily destruction Chewer's prefer.
Quote:

View Post

I had one summer where I tripped a couple of times every week. Hell, one week I tripped four times, but I had to increase my dosage each time to compensate for decreased sensitivity; I took twelve hits of LSD for my final trip that week.
I'm kinda with EdHocken regarding the drugs. I've got plenty of friends that have done various things from opium to acid. While it's fun to fuck with them while they are on that stuff, I don't care for it much. I'm already pretty fucked up and paranoid in the head as is.
I don't trust anyone who's never tried drugs. People who think its all or nothing pretty much have that attitude towards everything in life. In general, I find those folks close-minded, uncreative, and boring to be around. Now if you tried drugs (even just a hit or two of pot) and decided its not for you, fine. At least you are open to trying new things. That is always a good quality to have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekkerbee
View Post
I had one summer where I tripped a couple of times every week. Hell, one week I tripped four times, but I had to increase my dosage each time to compensate for decreased sensitivity; I took twelve hits of LSD for my final trip that week.

Holy shit! How are you still alive?
Shrooms + LOTR = win
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva
View Post
I don't trust anyone who's never tried drugs. People who think its all or nothing pretty much have that attitude towards everything in life. In general, I find those folks close-minded, uncreative, and boring to be around. Now if you tried drugs (even just a hit or two of pot) and decided its not for you, fine. At least you are open to trying new things. That is always a good quality to have.

Well that'd be me then, I've never anything stronger than alcohol and never intend to. Largely because my extended periods of time spent with stoners made me realise how boring pot makes people and I've seen all manner of nastiness happen to people who've tried harder stuff.
That explains so much, particularly in light of knowing you don't like LOTR, Office Space, or Aliens.
How much cocaine do I need to properly enjoy Aliens? Cuz I'll give it a try.
The combo "drugs and Cameron movies" in general does kinda sound like a party.
You're so cranky sometimes Patrick, I'd recommend coke just to enjoy life. I kid because I love, man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaybe Sapien
View Post
The combo "drugs and Cameron movies" in general does kinda sound like a party.

I don't know about cocaine though. Uppers don't lend themselves well to having to sit still for several hours.
I can at least confirm from experience weed + The Abyss = AWESOME.
E could work. You'd be talking to your friends all the time about how cool everything is. Sometimes there'd be something lame but then you'd go "aaww it's okay cuz he did something cool a little earlier".
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike Marshall
View Post
Largely because my extended periods of time spent with stoners made me realise how boring pot makes people and I've seen all manner of nastiness happen to people who've tried harder stuff.

Staying away from the harder stuff is just common sense but I don't quite understand that line of thinking in regards to weed. Stoners are dull and boring but anyone who abuses a substance instead of responsively using it recreationally is going to suck. Getting drunk is way fun but do it every night and the fun kinda gets sucked out. People that permanently have a bong within arms reach are boring but there is nothing wrong with having a session before sitting down to watch Pans Labyrinth.
This stuff has all been behind me since college, and I was never very hardcore. Pot maybe a dozen times or so, which never seemed to do much of anything to me, and acid once with my two roommates at the time. That experience was great for me, but one of the two other guys had a really bad trip.

I won't do anything like that again until my kids are grown and out of the house, but I would like to try mushrooms someday, as the aforementioned roomates raved about shrooms with Bill Hicks-like fervor.
I only imagine Aliens while on E being a nightmare. Being on a drug where you want to touch and feel everything while watching a movie involving creatures dripping with goo that attack everything they see and bleed acid can only lead to disaster.
I couldn't handle watching Finding Nemo last time I did shrooms.
Hellraiser on shrooms was awesome.
I once made the mistake of taking shrooms before watching the X-Files and it was the episode where body parts were falling off a guy. The rest of the night all I saw was me and my roommate's face melting off and I spent the rest of the night huddled in my room trying to pray the demons away.
I watched 2001 on mushrooms and immediately after got my fireplace going just to feel that I had successfully reached a higher level of evolution than my house mates who sat around watching the movie scratching each other like packs of poo-flinging simians.
Passion of the Christ is pretty great/terrifying while baked out of your mind.
I'm getting a kick out of this thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Clark
View Post
I can at least confirm from experience weed + Most movies/music = AWESOME.

I really hate to be that dude, but yeah, fixed that for ya.
You may all have your minds opened by weed, but my experience is that it just makes inane people that much more inane.