Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewer recipes ...

Follow this one to the letter but heavily, and I mean heavily season the chicken.  I will season each side of the pieces, let them sit for a few minutes then season them again and occasionally season again if I have extra seasoning left over.

AI'd also reccomend to let the chicken sit overnight in a brine.

Here's a recipe I've been fooling around with for the past few months and I think I've gotten it to a place I like.

Baked Spaghetti Squash Bolognese

Ingredients:

1 Spaghetti Squash
4 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper
1.5lbs of ground chuck
1 large white or yellow onion, chopped
1 6oz can of tomato paste
1 large jar of your preferred marinara sauce
1/4 to 1/2 a cup of red wine
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of minced Parsley
1 teaspoon of Balsamic vinegar
1 heaping cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking dish with aluminum foil.

Cut the stem off the Spaghetti Squash and then slice in half, lengthwise. You'll need a really large and sharp knife to do this (or a clean saw), spaghetti squash are in my experience the hardest of all the squashes to cut open. Scoop out the seeds and apply liberal amounts of salt and pepper then rub each half in a tablespoon of olive oil and place both halves cut-side down in the baking dish. Pour a 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of water into the dish to keep the squash from drying out while they roast, and then put into the oven and roast for 30 minutes.

The squash is done when you can insert a fork into their skin with minimal resistance. Let it cool and then scrape the inside of the squash lengthwise with a fork. The flesh of the squash should shred into spaghetti-like strings. Scrape out each half until there is nothing but the skin left and set the "spaghetti" aside.

Caramelize the onion in a large stainless steel saucepan with the remaining olive oil (avoid using aluminum and Teflon, they can react to the acidity of the tomatoes and ruin the sauce). Stir in the garlic as well as the salt and pepper, then add the ground chuck a minute later, do your best to crumble up the meat while it cooks. Even after the meat is fully cooked, keep stirring it on the stove until a brown crust begins to form on the bottom and sides of the pan. This can take a while, especially if the meat releases a lot of juices that pool at the bottom of the pan, I speed up this process by draining off all the liquid once the meat is fully cooked. I put these juices into a gravy separator to separate the juices from the fat.

Once a crust forms in the pan, add juices back as well as the entire jar of marinara, parsley, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, and two heaping tablespoons of the grated Parmesan cheese and stir. Don't be afraid to add a cup of water if the sauce turns out to be too thick. Once it is all mixed and has simmered for five minutes or so, add the red wine one or two tablespoons at a time, tasting after it each is throughly stirred in. You want to use the wine to cut the sweetness of the tomato paste. It is important to do this because the squash is has a subtle sweetness to it and the wine helps the sauce become a lot more savory in flavor to balance out the squash's sweetness. There is no correct amount of wine to add. This is because the sweetness of the sauce and the dryness of the wine can very drastically depending on the ingredients used, it really is something you'll just have to use your own judgement on. Keep in mind that you want to minimize the sweetness of the sauce, not eliminate it and you should also avoid making the sauce too acidic. It is always better to stop adding more wine than risk making the sauce too acidic.

Once the sauce is done preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and get out a large casserole dish. Thoroughly mix the sauce with the shredded flesh of the spaghetti squash and pour it into the casserole dish, spreading it out so the mixture is a uniform height. Top it with the remaining Parmesan cheese and then cover in aluminum foil, take care that the foil doesn't touch the Parmesan. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown. Remove and serve.
Get a great piece of steak. My fave cuts are Filet and Ribeye.

Season it liberally with cracked ground pepper and mildly with garlic salt. Coat with a melted mixture of olive oil and butter.

Throw it onto a grill that you've pre-heated to 450-550 degrees.

Sizzle it until it is rare-medium rare. Do not go beyond medium rare.

Eat.