Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REMEMBER THE 80S WITH THE PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 TRAILER
by Michael Rabattino: link

Like you never said "Bloody Mary" in front of a mirror when you were a kid.

As with the second film, they are going to strip away every single shred of mystery to this story possible until it's (if it isn't already) so sterile and non-threatening to anyone who isn't a character in the storyline.

The first film worked like gangbusters because the threat was so random. All a demon had to do was attach itself to you out of the blue and torment you for life. How horrifying is that?!

Unfortunately, starting with the second film, we had to learn the MOTIVE....and it's been slowly going downhill since...

I kind of thought we were going to see what happens after she kills her family.............

A pre-prequel? The second one was the prequel, and now this? I hope that stuff only happens for a small portion of the film, and then we see what happens after everything else had happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaaaaaaalt View Post

I kind of thought we were going to see what happens after she kills her family.............

I don't know why, but I always imagine Katie's just out there roaming the streets of L.A. as a homeless person most people simply assume she's nuts instead of, y'know, possessed.

On topic, I really enjoyed the first two films, so I'm completely on board for this one.  I don't know how you can complain that these films take the threat away by focusing on one family.  The very first film makes it explicitly clear--and early on--that the demon attached itself to Katie and her family.  There was never any hint whatsoever that it was a random act.

Trailer's alright I guess. But I'm getting tired of this series keeping it in the family. Best thing for them to do would be new people every time, with less focus on motive and more on the demon's M.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattioli View Post

I don't know why, but I always imagine Katie's just out there roaming the streets of L.A. as a homeless person most people simply assume she's nuts instead of, y'know, possessed.

On topic, I really enjoyed the first two films, so I'm completely on board for this one.  I don't know how you can complain that these films take the threat away by focusing on one family.  The very first film makes it explicitly clear--and early on--that the demon attached itself to Katie and her family.  There was never any hint whatsoever that it was a random act.

Yes, but not explaining why the demon chose Katie makes it a random act.

Katie doesn't understand why the demon stalked her in her childhood. We don't understand. Like Regan in The Exorcist, she seemed to be in the wrong place, wrong time. YOU could be in the wrong place and wrong time too. That's what's creepy.

In the prequel/sequel though, we get the motive and backstory. Yawn.

Wasn't Michael Myers creepier when he didn't have an agenda? Same dynamic at work here. Quit explaining away the mystery. The unknown should stay that way.

I loathed the first and was bored through most of 2, but boy, that kitchen scene. I don't think we need a full six hours of what could always have been a gimmicky 2 minute youtube video.

I was hoping Part III would involve the dog from the second one hunting Katie's ass down and rescuing the baby.  Dog POV for the entire flick!