Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE AVENGERS TEASER POSTER & BEAUTIFUL SDCC CHARACTER POSTERS
by Renn Brown: link

Nine delightful images from Marvel...

That massive poster creates a sensation in my brain that can only be described as joy. I'm not a Marvel guy whatsoever, everything I know about the characters comes from various 90s cartoon shows, but seeing the Avengers realised on screen and the scale they're going for is kind of amazing.

Yeah, there is still a part of my brain that is having trouble accepting that this is actually happening.

Wen and Andy Park (he did the Nick Fury art for this collection) were both a part of the God of War game development.  I got a real kick out of seeing all of Wen's work in the Art of Thor book recently - it played right from his God of War concept art.

Seeing the posters and realizing that we'll be getting an Avengers movie in less than a year is simply mind-blowingly awesome.

And the Hulk looks like..................................The Hulk.  I'm not sure why everyone was dying to see the design when it was always going to be faithful anyway.

That aside, I love the hell out of these posters and the mural that they form.

Liked Iron Man and Captain America as for the rest ho hum.

This made me flashback to the collectioon of Marvel Masterpiece trading cards I had when I was a kid.

I really kinda wished this had happened five years ago when I could muster a bit more enthusiasm for what is, some pretty decent poster work in the blandest age of marketing Hollywood has ever endured.

Anyway yeah, those posters look excellent.

Cheer up, mate.

Even if this blows up spectacularly, on a Heaven's Gate level, making it the last comic book movie we ever see, it's still a freaking Avengers movie. Apparently with Skrulls and Helicarriers and shit. How cool is that?

Really digging Hulk's look there in that piece. Carry on, Joss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios View Post

Cheer up, mate.

Even if this blows up spectacularly, on a Heaven's Gate level, making it the last comic book movie we ever see, it's still a freaking Avengers movie. Apparently with Skrulls and Helicarriers and shit. How cool is that?

Oh look you're completely correct, it's pretty cool that this is even being attempted I agree and normally the talent alone would get me onboard but I'm also incredibly curious to see if they can make this movie work as an entity unto itself and not end up some glorified big budget episode of Scooby Doo meets the Superfriends or something.

Most of all tho, it just makes me wish DC and WB were able to get their act together on a proper well built up to Justice League franchise.

I was excited at the prospect of a Justice League film................................before I saw Green Lantern.  Not carrying over Cavill as Supes is disconcerting as well.  I fear that WB will rush a Justice League movie and we will end up with a piece of shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D. Bob Plissken View Post

I was excited at the prospect of a Justice League film................................before I saw Green Lantern.  Not carrying over Cavill as Supes is disconcerting as well.  I fear that WB will rush a Justice League movie and we will end up with a piece of shit.

If it goes ahead at this stage I'd put money down in Vegas that that's exactly what we'll get.

Warners has to make it but they have to nail it. Anything less will bury its characters.

Thats the tricky thing about it. The Flash film will be the next indicator I guess.