Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fox News - this is not satire
I s'pect there's a reason why the genuinely decent cops I've known all retired years and years ago. Unfortunately, that probably just opened vacancies for a bunch of aspiring Klansmen.
Exactly why I never pursued that particular career after seriously considering it before I became broken and cynical..

(07-22-2021, 11:08 AM)commodorejohn Wrote: I s'pect there's a reason why the genuinely decent cops I've known all retired years and years ago. Unfortunately, that probably just opened vacancies for a bunch of aspiring Klansmen.

Yeah, this why I've never been comfortable going full ACAB! all the time.  It seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy, or even if it is already true, not all bastards are created equal and I am certain there is a glut of even worse bastards eager to take the reins if the milder bastards call it quits.

Of course, letting police discipline themselves has proven utterly disastrous in every possible way, and I think its the particular combination of unquestioning hero worship along with low standards/compensation that is at the root of the toxic spiral that has overtaken policing nationwide, so I'm not even sure what alternative I'm reaching for.
And of course Carlson trots out Jim Jordan at the end of that clip....
Just this guy, you know?
Ah yes, the term 'White Privilege' is actually just as offensive as that other word that you won't say out loud or fully spell on your graphic.  This makes perfect sense to me, a Fox News viewer with BoomerBrain.

[Image: E68rOIjWEAMbrcX?format=jpg&name=large]
Every time I have the misfortune of seeing one of these dopey Fox news anchor's faces pop up, I get this incredible urge to powder my pimp hand..

Republicans are always happy to report that criticism of their shittiness does actually hurt their feelings.
(07-23-2021, 11:23 AM)bradito Wrote: Republicans are always happy to report that criticism of their shittiness does actually hurt their feelings.

It actually emboldens them...they 'get off' on being assholes.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
They think that they're right because people are against them. They're confusing being irritating with being important or on to something that no one else is understanding..

(07-23-2021, 12:10 PM)vtran Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 11:23 AM)bradito Wrote: Republicans are always happy to report that criticism of their shittiness does actually hurt their feelings.

It actually emboldens them...they 'get off' on being assholes.

Yeah, they love being assholes, although it seems to take a bit of a toll on them emotionally. But it's just too much fun to quit.
Carlson got confronted at a store in Montana:

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1...9979212804

Quote:MUST-WATCH: “You are the worst human being known to mankind… What you have done to Flag of United States… to people’s families…”

Local Montana fly-fishing guide Dan Bailey confronts @TuckerCarlson.
He'll climb up on a cross about that, but I hope it keeps happening. Everywhere he goes.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Carlson gets lots of play in this thread, but Ingraham is just as irresponsible:

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1422755704805408773

Quote:Laura Ingraham brought on Dr. Bryam Bridle to broadcast unsubstantiated claims that COVID-19 vaccine causes "toxic" spike proteins to accumulate in women's ovaries
Dr. Bryam Bridle winking his way through that segment, like that episode of SEINFELD where George gets lemon juice in his eye.  Terrific! 

[Image: the-wink-s7-e1532959849420.png]
Is that what gamblers would call a Tell?
“Gary Fogel never had cancer!!!”
I see from that Twitter thread someone has setup the website byrambridle.com that directly addresses his incorrect claims and lays out a fully referenced smackdown on this guy.
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
It wouldn't be Fox News without the "but."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1423460892784664577

Quote:"I don't want any harm to occur to Congresswoman Bush, but ..."

Video at the link.
That softball interview Carlson conducted with Orban was pretty gross!

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1...8109647873

Quote:Sick stuff. And it's on the Murdochs and everyone associated with them. Let's stop *wondering* how fascism got mainstreamed among people who should have known better back in the 1920s and 1930s and pay attention to what's happening *right now* in front of our eyes.

Every single Republican Congress member should be asked to answer for Tucker’s Hungary visit. Are they ok with it? Do they agree with him? Do they agree with Orban? Can you imagine if the situation was reversed? Can you imagine??

[Image: E8ENyIDWEAAjbal?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Is this... is this sex tourism?
Somehow, this ad is real, and not a terrible SNL parody. Incredible.

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/statu...1378701316
A great read on the Carlson/Orban interview:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...am-future/

Quote:The first segment of Tucker Carlson’s long-anticipated Fox News interview with Viktor Orban has now aired, and it did not disappoint: It provides a deeply unsettling glimpse into the true nature of the authoritarian nationalist future that Carlson and his fellow travelers envision for our country.

An ugly tension sits at the core of Carlson’s conversation with the Hungarian leader. Carlson fawns over the “free” nature of Hungarian society — contrasting it favorably with the supposed repression of widespread anti-liberal yearnings in American society — while saying little to nothing about the autocratic nature of Orbanism.

In this lurks a sort of dream combination: ethno-nationalism secured via autocracy.

The interview’s central feature is Carlson gushing over Orban’s virulently anti-immigrant policies and demagoguery. Orban describes these as urgent to defending national identity, defined as his country’s “population” and “culture” and “language” and “tradition” and “land,” a right of defense dictated by “God” and “nature.”

Orban also castigates liberal internationalist Western leaders for wanting to intermingle “Muslim” and “Christian” communities, describing the latter as “original inhabitants.” Orban declares that his country decided “not to take that risk.”

Throughout, Carlson treats this vision of national identity as fundamental to Hungary’s success. He even suggests that in Hungary, people are freer than in the United States.

Here, Carlson says, you’ll be silenced by Silicon Valley or hounded from your job if you dare criticize the “orthodoxy” of liberal internationalism and social liberalism — that is, if you yearn for association with a national identity that is culturally insulated and unsullied by socially liberal threats (like “transgender athletes”) to traditional conservative values.

“Who’s freer?” Carlson asks. “If you’re an American, the answer is painful to admit.”

Though Carlson won’t say it this way, autocratic rule is preferable to democracy because the former, he imagines, is the only route to the closed, ethno-nationalist, culturally reactionary society he wants for the United States. What Carlson and his ilk cannot accept, and are fighting their rearguard action against, is that open, liberal internationalist societies are and can be legitimately democratic creations.

Or as Anne Applebaum puts it, U.S. right-wingers yearning for an Orbanist American future are motivated by dislike of America’s “racial diversity, its modern culture, its free press,” while dreaming of a “white-tribalist alternative.”

The American right’s vision of Hungary and Orban’s own presentation of it have been highly mythologized, as Applebaum shows. But in a way, the reality is unimportant. The aspiration toward that valorized vision of nationality, as well as the open resolution to secure it via illiberal antidemocratic means, is what Carlson admires.

Indeed, for Carlson and friends, what’s truly galling about our open society, receptivity to immigrants and increasing diversity is that it has in large part been secured democratically.
Well, he should move to Hungry if he loves it so much!
(08-06-2021, 08:42 PM)bradito Wrote: Well, he should move to Hungry if he loves it so much!

Only liberals have to fuck off and leave the country if they don't like what's going on.  True Americans just Make America Great Again.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
Should I move to Hungry and fuck it all up?
From what I imagine, most ex-pats move to -

Canada
Costa Rica
New Zealand
Tangier, Morocco
Hong Kong
Macao
England?

I don't mind stealing bread
From the mouths of dissidents
but really?
You goin' Hungry?
(08-07-2021, 01:02 AM)bradito Wrote: Should I move to Hungry and fuck it all up?

Only if you're extremely white.  Something tells me they won't like you too much otherwise.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
I mean, only if you insist on spelling it that way.
It's funnier that way.
Slow news day, I guess:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1424807938842144772

Quote:"Obama birthday" has been mentioned at least 42 times today between Fox News and Fox Business
Obama Derangement Syndrome?
Yeah the whole Obama party thing. While it's kind of a bad luck, I also don't doubt that they made sure everyone was vacinnated. I mean, they sure as hell are rich enough for it.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
I mean, are they mad that Obama had a party and didn't invite them?

Or are they mad that Obama had a party where everyone was vaccinated because they're reasonably intelligent grown adults and behave as such?

Or are they mad that Obama did anything, giving them an excuse to be mad because they never stopped being mad because Obama?
They're mad he made it to another birthday..

Obama derangement syndrome. It's a thing.