Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fox News - this is not satire
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1437595078843936769

Quote:i'm hearing disturbing reports that college football fans in the south might not be libs

[Image: E_NdFFwWQAYZ4v9?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Hey, now, I thought football was supposed to be stringently apolitical!
College football is for people who sucked at both.
Is this the first honest thing he's ever said?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tucker-ca...mg00000067

Quote:Tucker Carlson is apparently telling the truth when he says he sometimes lies on his show.

The Fox News host admitted his relationship with the truth sometimes wavers as he was interviewed by fellow conservative media host Dave Rubin on Monday.

It happened after Rubin asked Carlson how CNN employees like Chris Cuomo and Brian Stelter “live with themselves ... when they just lie again and again and we have the internet to expose the lies.”

Carlson seemed to take the question personally, to the point where he made this confession about his own relaxed relationship with factual accuracy.

“I mean, I lie if I’m really cornered or something,” Carlson admitted. “I lie. I really try not to. I try never to lie on TV. I just don’t ― I don’t like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever.”

Carlson then said there was a difference between spouting “lies” when you’re cornered out of weakness and the systematic lying he claims is practiced by the anchors at CNN.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1437597701114314753

Quote:George W Bush: "We have seen growing evidence that the dangers to our country can come not only across borders but from violence that gathers within ... they are children of the same foul spirit and it is our continuing duty to confront them."

Laura Ingraham:

[Image: E_NfScjWUAIwRx5?format=jpg&name=900x900]
I guess Ingraham and Bush do... Nazi eye-to-eye!

It helps if you say it out loud.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1438292065343901697

Quote:Day 3 of the testicle saga

[Image: E_XXAknWQAYvVl8?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Fox News will now require daily COVID-19 testing for its unvaccinated employees:

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus...esting-its
And bi-weekly testicular examinations, obv.
An anti-vax friend of mine has taken like over 100 of those tests by now in order to work. Sounds like a huge time suck to me but she's "done the research."
I'm admittedly out of the loop on testing methods, but at some point repeatedly getting stabbed in the brain pan seems like it would be worth getting the shots.
Depends on the pan in question, maybe.
I feel the need to point out that Fox News has finally crossed over into the "Ow, My Balls!" stage of their devolution.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Well, Tucker has the face of a guy who just sat on his balls, so... he's come full circle.
Love tuning in to get The News. 

[Image: E_h1YucWUAAxzTB?format=jpg&name=900x900]
They'll just fill the void with another vampire:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/po...s-1231709/

Quote:It turns out there’s a limit to just how far from reality you can stray and still be welcome on Fox News. Rudy Giuliani has reportedly found (and crossed) that line.

The former New York Mayor turned Donald Trump loyalist has been banned from the channel for three months, according to a report Friday from Politico. The report says Giuliani, whose career peaked in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, was slated to appear on Fox’s 20th anniversary coverage, but host Pete Hegseth called him the night before to tell him he’d been cut and apologize, according to Politico.

The ban, network bookers have been told, comes “from the top,” per Politico’s sources, and extends to Giuliani’s son Andrew, who is currently running for governor of New York. A Fox News spokesperson denied Andrew Giuliani has been banned from the network, and denied that Rudy Giuliani was scheduled to appear on Fox & Friends on 9/11. Fox News declined to comment on whether Rudy Giuliani is barred from appearing on the network. Giuliani and his lawyer did not respond to requests for comment.

It appears that the bridge too far for Fox News was when Giuliani landed the channel in legal trouble. While working as Trump’s lawyer to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election, Giuliani pushed debunked claims about Dominion Voting Systems, accusing the company of being part of a broader effort to rig the election in Joe Biden’s favor. Trump’s legal team pushed claims that Dominion had ties to liberal mega-donors, as well as to communists in Venezuela. (These claims that already been debunked internally by the Trump campaign itself at the time that the legal team was making them.)
Does Carlson's mother cut his hair? Dude has never had a good haircut for as long as he's been on TV.
(09-24-2021, 04:05 PM)bradito Wrote: Does Carlson's mother cut his hair? Dude has never had a good haircut for as long as he's been on TV.

No. She left when he was very young and never spoke to him again. Explains a lot right?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
She saw that mop and noped the fuck out.
I'll try to find the full video later, but this snippet from Chris Hayes responding to Tucker Carlson and his ilk is worth a watch:

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/statu...8075855874

Quote:"America is not a nightclub where people have to come out before other people can come in," says @chrislhayes, debunking the right wing "replacement theory."

"It's actually a really big country with nearly 330 million people. So a few thousand people are not replacing anyone."
while true...it's also not what Calson is really talking about. Because the Great Replacement Theory isn't solely directed at illegal immigration, it's directed at legal immigration, gays, women, PoC, and liberals in general. It's the foundation for "this is why we need minority rule."
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Absolutely. Carlson has definitely been clear about that.

The context of the Hayes segment, I believe, is centered around Carlson's recent remarks on Haitian migrants, so he centered the argument around that specifically.
lol:

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/statu...6753166339

Quote:lol this bar graph makes it look like the number is 1/3 what it used to be but its not

[Image: FAVKFeVWUAUc3WP?format=jpg&name=900x900]
That is such a damning image, from the bar graph that's been cut to manipulate an illiterate audience to Carlson's resting bitch face.
Hell, maybe over a decade of Christians ramming their petty fucking grievances down everyone's throats caused 12% of them to see the light and start sleeping in on Sundays.
The rise of the Tea Party alone is worth at least a 9% exodus. It's a real indictment of the decent part of the remaining 65%'s unwillingness to denounce the assholes among them.
It was definitely a confluence of the religion's inherent intolerance towards the gay community, their viciously pro-war stance, the tea party's hostility towards health care, their violently anti-abortion rhetoric, clowns like Joel Osteen who live large instead of using their obscene wealth charitably, and all the other hypocrisies that define modern Christianity. It's gone from being a religion to something that embittered assholes use as a kind of diplomatic immunity whenever they're called out for being trash.
(09-28-2021, 12:52 PM)bradito Wrote: It's gone from being a religion to something that embittered assholes use as a kind of diplomatic immunity whenever they're called out for being trash.
This.
Having been once inside that culture, it's even more basic than that:

It's a way of having immovable certainty about the world and your role as someone who knows THE TRUTH.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
That's how I feel about movies.
(09-28-2021, 12:52 PM)bradito Wrote: It was definitely a confluence of the religion's inherent intolerance towards the gay community, their viciously pro-war stance, the tea party's hostility towards health care, their violently anti-abortion rhetoric, clowns like Joel Osteen who live large instead of using their obscene wealth charitably, and all the other hypocrisies that define modern Christianity. It's gone from being a religion to something that embittered assholes use as a kind of diplomatic immunity whenever they're called out for being trash.

Pretty much.  Most people identify either as atheist or undecided precisely because of the Bush years, Catholic Church Scandals, and bug fuck crazy republicans.  God ain't cool, and hasn't been in decades.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Had the religion changed with the times rather than remaining firmly rooted in the 1600s, it might not be hemorrhaging adherents.

These days, most people aren't looking for performative "thoughts and prayers" uselessness from religion, and that's about all the church provides, apart from charlatans, Trump supporters, Covid deniers and other kinds of folks who don't *really* believe the Bible is good for anything other than using it to justify their prejudices.
This certainly seems directed at Tucker Carlson:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/gera...35053.html

Quote:Geraldo Rivera wants everyone to get vaccinated against COVID-19. However, the Fox News personality is also coming out against those who get vaccinated yet encourage others to resist getting the shot in the name of "freedom." 

Rivera, 78, took to Twitter on Saturday to share a passionate message about how important it is to get vaccinated. 

"Open-minded & inclusive, I’m friends with all kinds of people. But as we pass 700,000 #Covid dead, I have zero tolerance for anti-vaxers [sic]," Rivera tweeted. "Most of all, I detest vaccinated d*** heads who urge the unvaccinated to 'fight for their freedom,' the mob urging the man on ledge to jump."

Rivera's tweet drew strong responses from critics and allies alike. 

While Rivera didn't specifically name anyone specifically, it has been noted that several of his vaccinated colleagues at Fox News, such as Tucker Carlson, frequently share views that criticize vaccination mandates. 
"Most of all, I detest vaccinated d*** heads who urge the unvaccinated to 'fight for their freedom,' the mob urging the man on ledge to jump."

He's gotta both-sides it with a bad analogy. The vaccinated dickheads want the unvaccinated to stop clogging up the fucking ICUs... by getting vaccinated.

It's a real no-brainer.
Did he both sides it though? He didn't call out vaccinated people. He said vaccinated people who continue to rail against getting vaccinated. That's pretty specifically people like Tucker. I'm not a fan of Geraldo's either but I think he was specifically addressing the hypocrites. Not all vaccinated people..