Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Santa and Jesus were just white, kids
#71
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/12/14/tea...-is-white/



Teachers at that New Mexico High School have been acting strange recently


Reply
#72

Reply
#73
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/12/14/tea...-is-white/




From the comments section: "If Santa Claus is an imaginary character for you, why are you celebrating Christmas anyway? Go and celebrate any african religion and pretend to be god of rain, or god of sun, or whatever you wish. Christianity is WHITE based religion, with WHITE saints and WHITE God. Don't like it? That's your problem, you're free to change your believings."




If a live person said this in front of me, I'm not sure I'd be able to articulate an intelligent thought in the face of such staggering, monolithic idiocy. That is incredible.

Reply
#74
AIn the Gospel story, the Romans needed Judas to point Jesus out to them with a kiss on the cheek. If Jesus had been white, Judas could have just told them, "you'll know that cracker when you see him. Palest motherfucker in town."
Reply
#75
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post
 


From the comments section: "If Santa Claus is an imaginary character for you, why are you celebrating Christmas anyway? Go and celebrate any african religion and pretend to be god of rain, or god of sun, or whatever you wish. Christianity is WHITE based religion, with WHITE saints and WHITE God. Don't like it? That's your problem, you're free to change your believings."




If a live person said this in front of me, I'm not sure I'd be able to articulate an intelligent thought in the face of such staggering, monolithic idiocy. That is incredible.



Oh I'd be able to intelligently articulate alright. I'd intelligently articulate my spitting in their mouth as they spoke.

Reply
#76
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios View Post
 


Oh I'd be able to intelligently articulate alright. I'd intelligently articulate my spitting in their mouth as they spoke.



To be fair, you could probably also spit into that guy's mouth even after he's done speaking.
Reply
#77

Only tangentially relevant, but having caught the last two parts of History Channel's hilarious "The Bible" miniseries last night (which I hadn't seen yet) I couldn't help but spend a good time laughing at their Safely Whitebread Jesus.



Though oddly enough for what the program was I thought his performance was pretty OK.  The actor himself is Portugese.

Reply
#78

Megyn Kelly is rotten, as is everyone who piles onto this revolting show of meanness.  I hope Black Santa puts rocks in their stockings, but, of course, Black Santa isn't as nasty and vindictive as these *&^%$#*&.  And that goes double for Black Jesus.

Reply
#79
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

 

From the comments section: "If Santa Claus is an imaginary character for you, why are you celebrating Christmas anyway? Go and celebrate any african religion and pretend to be god of rain, or god of sun, or whatever you wish. Christianity is WHITE based religion, with WHITE saints and WHITE God. Don't like it? That's your problem, you're free to change your believings."

 

 

If a live person said this in front of me, I'm not sure I'd be able to articulate an intelligent thought in the face of such staggering, monolithic idiocy. That is incredible. 


For God's sake Johnny leave the guy alone. He's entitled to his um... believings.
Reply
#80

... and may all your Christmases be White

Reply
#81

My tumblr feed has had A LOT to say on this matter ... there seems to be a pretty lively discussion in academia and online about this incident, even if it is kind of business as usual at FOX.



I think the important questions to ask are:  Why is Christmas such a default "season"?  In an age of Netflix and iPads and Amazon.com are presents really a big deal anymore?  In the age of Facebook and Twitter do people need as special reason to connect?  If the point of Christmas isn't Jesus' birthday, then what's the point of ethnically diverse schools and offices to celebrate?  The answer to these questions are about as logical as White Santa ... shut up, that's why.  Apparently though, economic stats and church attendance show that Christmas might be loosing steam.  God willing we'll see the death of Christmas in our lifetime, at least in Blue States.



This coming from a guy who has to celebrate Christmas every year because "family", none of whom actually believe that Jesus is the son of God or that Jesus' birthday is in December.

Reply
#82
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendellEverett View Post
 

My tumblr feed has had A LOT to say on this matter ... there seems to be a pretty lively discussion in academia and online about this incident, even if it is kind of business as usual at FOX.



I think the important questions to ask are:  Why is Christmas such a default "season"?  In an age of Netflix and iPads and Amazon.com are presents really a big deal anymore?  In the age of Facebook and Twitter do people need as special reason to connect?  If the point of Christmas isn't Jesus' birthday, then what's the point of ethnically diverse schools and offices to celebrate?  The answer to these questions are about as logical as White Santa ... shut up, that's why.  Apparently though, economic stats and church attendance show that Christmas might be loosing steam.  God willing we'll see the death of Christmas in our lifetime, at least in Blue States.



This coming from a guy who has to celebrate Christmas every year because "family", none of whom actually believe that Jesus is the son of God or that Jesus' birthday is in December.


You bring up a lot of interesting points, Wendell.  There are a lot of different notions to ponder there.  But let me assure you of one thing...  Yes, presents are a big deal.

Reply
#83
Quote:

Originally Posted by WendellEverett View Post
 

My tumblr feed has had A LOT to say on this matter ... there seems to be a pretty lively discussion in academia and online about this incident, even if it is kind of business as usual at FOX.



I think the important questions to ask are:  Why is Christmas such a default "season"?  In an age of Netflix and iPads and Amazon.com are presents really a big deal anymore?  In the age of Facebook and Twitter do people need as special reason to connect?  If the point of Christmas isn't Jesus' birthday, then what's the point of ethnically diverse schools and offices to celebrate?  The answer to these questions are about as logical as White Santa ... shut up, that's why.  Apparently though, economic stats and church attendance show that Christmas might be loosing steam.  God willing we'll see the death of Christmas in our lifetime, at least in Blue States.



This coming from a guy who has to celebrate Christmas every year because "family", none of whom actually believe that Jesus is the son of God or that Jesus' birthday is in December.



I'm all for switching over to Brumalia ...seeing as this is pretty much Xmas anyway.

Reply
#84
AWishing for Christmas to go away because assholes are being assholes about it is stupid. Christmas is awesome.
Reply
#85
Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

Wishing for Christmas to go away because assholes are being assholes about it is stupid. Christmas is awesome.

I know that is my feeling. I don't know anyone who really looks at it as a Christian holiday, it's evolved and I like it. You get together with people you care about and give each other shit, sounds nice to me.

Reply
#86
AThey don't have to be mutually exclusive, anyway, and anyone who acts like that is the case is an asshole.
Reply
#87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waaaaaaaalt View Post
 

I know that is my feeling. I don't know anyone who really looks at it as a Christian holiday, it's evolved and I like it. You get together with people you care about and give each other shit, sounds nice to me.


I think that this is the go-to defense that Christmas is cool, because it's not really a Christian holiday, and that it's for everybody.  But it's also Jesus' birthday, I mean that's the definition in the Encyclopedia.  Americans generally celebrate Christmas, and they reinforce the idea that it's for everybody and it's awesome ... and that kinda indoctrinates children that Christmas and Christianity is "normal" and Judaism and Jehovah Witnesses and Islam and non-Christian Buddhists are outliners, which they're really not in huge swaths of contemporary America, especially among college-educated adults.  I think that makes Christmas a big source of Christian (and I guess White) entitlement in America.  Those kids grow up to be adults who want toys and magic, and who expect everyone to "celebrate" with them, but get pissed off someone doesn't want to party, especially if they're foreign, or intellectual, or different, and they don't believe in magic and toys and crap.  I mean Sarah Palin said recently that she thinks the commercialisation of Christmas is awesome, because it spreads the most jolly season to everyone (I'm barely paraphrasing here) - if that isn't the death spiral of Christianity in America, I don't know what is.

Reply
#88
AThere's a screaming irony in people who bitch about the "War on Christmas!!!" claptrap acting like Christmas needs to go away because widespread celebration of a fundamentally religious holiday is oppressive.
Reply
#89
Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

There's a screaming irony in people who bitch about the "War on Christmas!!!" claptrap acting like Christmas needs to go away because widespread celebration of a fundamentally religious holiday is oppressive.


I think "The War on Christmas" is that many people don't want widespread celebration of a fundamentally religious holiday taking place in their schools and their places of work.  They find the experience oppressive and they've started speaking up to the point where a lot of the smart money has jumped ship on Christmas.  There is no "War On Christmas" against people putting all sorts of Christmas crap all over their private property or going to church and praying.




I can't really follow your point anyway - perhaps you could break your last post into two sentences or maybe my Sarcasm Detector is broken.

Reply
#90
AMy point is that you're bitching about people celebrating a holiday for no other reason than that you don't feel like celebrating it and somehow other people celebrating what they want how they want makes you feel oppressed because...fuck if I know. This is exactly the same mindset that leads to people writing angry letters every time a story display says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."
Reply
#91

The only problem I have with Christmas is the frequent excess that results, like some of the out of control decorations people do to their homes.  Or the car commercials with cars with giant bows on them.  All that does is remind most of us that we can't afford a Lexus.  And all of the nasty packaging and plastic that stuff is made of, which could end up in the ocean someday. etc.

Reply
#92

When you say "Merry Christmas" to people who don't celebrate Christmas because it isn't part of their religion, you might think it's cool, but I don't think it is.  So when you say "Merry Christmas" to everybody, you're kinda projecting that you don't care about other people's values and traditions and that (perhaps) you feel like Christmas is a default thing to do for Americans, just like Santa is White and black guys carry purple lightsabers.  You could say "Happy Holidays" or you could do what I do and say "good morning" like you're not some extra in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.  What flies in Deluth, Minnesota hasn't flown in huge swaths of America for like 10, 20 years now, and the collective freak-out that FOX NEWS can't process the memo is kind of amusing.  Then again, I'm no Daily Show Correspondent, so if I sound snippy instead of funny, then hey man, like sorry or something I guess.

Reply
#93

That's nothing compared to church-y folk who say, "Have a blessed day". Nails on a blackboard, that's creepy. And dumb. It's somebody saying, "I am in a cult" and projecting their weirdness onto you.

Reply
#94
A[quote name="WendellEverett" url="/community/t/149805/santa-and-jesus-were-just-white-kids/50#post_3639514"]When you say "Merry Christmas" to people who don't celebrate Christmas because it isn't part of their religion, you might think it's cool, but I don't think it is.  So when you say "Merry Christmas" to everybody, you're kinda projecting that you don't care about other people's values and traditions and that (perhaps) you feel like Christmas is a default thing to do for Americans, just like Santa is White and black guys carry purple lightsabers.  You could say "Happy Holidays" or you could do what I do and say "good morning" like you're not some extra in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.  What flies in Deluth, Minnesota hasn't flown in huge swaths of America for like 10, 20 years now, and the collective freak-out that FOX NEWS can't process the memo is kind of amusing.  Then again, I'm no Daily Show Correspondent, so if I sound snippy instead of funny, then hey man, like sorry or something I guess.[/quote]
Dude, no. If you're taking offense to earnest well-wishing (and I do mean earnest - yes, there are assholes who use "Merry Christmas" like a damn shibboleth, but fuck them,) that's your fucking problem, and not anybody else's. Grow up and learn to be less thin-skinned.

Also it's kind of hilarious that you think metropolitan Minnesota is fucking Hicksville, Alabamy. This is the only goddamn state that didn't vote for Ronald Reagan, you know.
Reply
#95
Lighten up you guys.  It's Christmas!


Fuck.
Reply
#96
A[quote name="Bailey" url="/community/t/149805/santa-and-jesus-were-just-white-kids/50#post_3639521"]Lighten up you guys.  It's Christmas!

Fuck.
[/quote]
Merry fucking Christmas, man.
Reply
#97
AYeah, you're kind of full of shit here. Happy holidays or have a safe and happy holiday or enjoy your holiday are universally, benignly accepted greetings by anyone who isn't a raging asshole. I've never received so much as a crosseyed look at merry Christmas (which I usually only offer on the 24th and 25th). And for the record, I worked retail in manhattan in the last six years and never hesitated with either greeting in my entire time there. Not quite Duluth.

I also don't hesitate to invite British people to Fourth of July gatherings. Because while we might be acknowledging something in our history (or someone else's religion). the trappings of the holiday are contemporary (or secular)
Reply
#98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Decade View Post
 

"Have a blessed day"


I don't mind it.  I just imagine this:



Reply
#99
Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post


Dude, no. If you're taking offense to earnest well-wishing (and I do mean earnest - yes, there are assholes who use "Merry Christmas" like a damn shibboleth, but fuck them,) that's your fucking problem, and not anybody else's. Grow up and learn to be less thin-skinned.

Also it's kind of hilarious that you think metropolitan Minnesota is fucking Hicksville, Alabamy. This is the only goddamn state that didn't vote for Ronald Reagan, you know.

Your entitled, bossy attitude about religion has extinguished the small flicker of hope I had for Baby Jesus and the spirit of Love and Christmas.



You sound exactly like a guy from Minnesota, Like Prince or Jesse Ventura, who appears cool at first but turns out to be a total headache.



Fortunately Raimi and The Cohens are Jews like me and are immune to whatever's in the water there.

Reply
A[quote name="WendellEverett" url="/community/t/149805/santa-and-jesus-were-just-white-kids/50#post_3639527"]Your entitled, bossy attitude about religion has extinguished the small flicker of hope I had for Baby Jesus and the spirit of Love and Christmas.[/quote]
I'm curious as to how you can be the one saying that people should stop celebrating a holiday they want to celebrate because it makes you feel oppressed, and stop sincerely wishing other people well in their own idiom because not everybody in the world shares their beliefs and therefore they run the risk of maybe theoretically possibly offending someone (i.e. you) who takes this shit way too seriously, yet because I'm telling you that it's your problem if you choose to take offense at honest positive sentiments, I'm somehow the "entitled, bossy" one here?

Seriously, this is the exact "I have an innate right to never hear people express beliefs I don't hold" bullshit that drives the "Oh noes!!! War on Christmas!!!" people. Grow the hell up.
Reply

Dammit. I don't usually like to click on links like this because all it does is raise my blood pressure, and I already got high blood pressure.  Don't worry, I medicate daily for it.  Oh, and I just got done watching "Only God Forgives" and while I really liked the movie, it was an angry movie.  Damn, I hated his mom.  I cheered when she...well you know when if you have seen the movie.  What a bitch.  And then because I'm kinda bored, I click this.  Dammit.



I am as white as a cracker can get.  However, where I grew up, I know that there were Black Santas, Latino Santas, Asian Santas, and of course White Santas; basically all races were covered.  You know, outside malls and stores all over the city ringing their little bells.  So, you know I'm a kid and it doesn't even phase me until one year.  I noticed that there were different kind of Santas, and asked my dad why.  He said basically, "Of course Santa is always White dumbass".  Well, I never liked him much anyway, so I asked my mom, and loving human being that she is explained, "Santa is not always White son.  You've seen it with your own eyes.  Also, your not a dumbass".



Now when I got old enough for the BIG secret, I was sooo glad that I trusted my mom, because then I knew in the truest sense, that Santa was not always white.



All these dipshits had to do was take the girl's report seriously, give it the respect that it deserves and it could have been a heart-warming piece, in the spirit of the holiday.



Me personally, I'm a "Happy Holidays" kinda guy but I almost always insist on opening my presents on Christmas.  I reckon December 25th is just special to me.



You guys probably couldn't care less about most of this post, but writing it has helped my blood pressure settle a bit, so thanks.

Reply

I'd say that in the last 30 odd years, Christmas has evolved into nothing more than an excuse to push commercialism/advertising/marketing upon a captive populace.



It's become more of a secular holiday that celebrates greed.



It hasn't been a truly religious holiday for decades.

Reply
ADepends on the individual, though that's been increasingly more the case than not for decades now.
Reply
Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

Seriously, this is the exact "I have an innate right to never hear people express beliefs I don't hold" bullshit that drives the "Oh noes!!! War on Christmas!!!" people. Grow the hell up.


I've heard the story of Christmas enough - if people could keep it down to about two weeks a year and keep it out of public schools and parks, most people, including me would stop complaining.  That's hardly "never" having to hear about Christmas.  I kind of remember the "Christmas Blitz" being the last two weeks in December when I was a kid - back when people had taste and restraint and knew how to plan a party.  Unfortunately, the same people who push against Gay marriage and reproductive rights and Obamacare say that Christmas should be with us, like guns, early, often, and everywhere - like the day after Halloween early.  That's a generalization, but it's pretty accurate, and it's driving a lot of people away from Christ and Christmas.  Pithy arguments like "Grow the hell up" aren't winning people like me over.

Reply
ABullshit. You haven't been griping about the commercial blitz until just now when you needed a new argument. You've been saying that you want it to go away because people celebrating a holiday that you personally don't observe is some kind of cultural imperialism.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)