Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's our next Watchalong?

I remember thinking it was awful but the two guys on the podcast thought it was going to be absolute trash and ended up loving it, so I'm looking forward to a re-evaluation.

Yeah me too. I really didn't expect to enjoy that cheesy mess as much as I did.

So that's a "Yes" vote from me.

My hours have been changed at the gym, so not there on Saturdays. So, YES. I can do this, too. And I've never watched this before so that would be cool to experience this movie for the first time during a watchalong!

AIf it ain't "The Running Man," I ain't interested!
ADo streaming services like Netflix have geography-specific licensing? Scanning the titles available at any given time could be a practical way to narrow down the selection, but it'd be a bust if a given title wasn't available to someone because of where they live.

This reminds me: I need to watch Beastmaster soon, whether we watch-along it or not. It's been so long that I can't remember whether token black actor John Amos was required to wear a tiger skin outfit, or whether my imagination has conjured a more racist version of the movie to fill in the blanks in my memory, and now the question is bugging me.

My Saturdays are still okay for the time being. I'll watch whatever schlock is put in front of me.

OMG, a Beastmaster watchalong would be AMAZING. Along those lines, so would a Sword and the Sorcerer, but I know how tough getting that movie is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smugbug View Post

OMG, a Beastmaster watchalong would be AMAZING. Along those lines, so would a Sword and the Sorcerer, but I know how tough getting that movie is.

Some of us own it for that very reason.

Whatever we do for the next Watchalong, let's try and pick something easily available through either Amazon or Netflix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

Some of us own it for that very reason.

Whatever we do for the next Watchalong, let's try and pick something easily available through either Amazon or Netflix.

Second that motion.

I'd be up to start a spontaneous one this saturday at noon EST, for whoever can make it. I'm bummed our last two attempts fizzled out. Once we get the gears turning, we can plan one that the majority of interested Watchophiles can make it to.