Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qwazy Quackers

yeah.....

Quote:

New ‘Duck Dynasty’-themed Bible coming in October

The “Duck Dynasty” clan has lent their celebrity to all sorts of merchandise – including lighters, Cajun seasoning, smart phone apps, and firearms.

The reality TV stars will next release “The Duck Commander Faith and Family Bible,” a King James translation of the Old and New Testaments that will include branded features about the family.

The Bible, which will be published Oct. 28 by Thomas Nelson, will focus on patriarch Phil Robertson’s five core values — faith, family, fellowship, forgiveness, and freedom.

Robertson has made news in recent months for controversial remarks about his disdain for LGBT sex and nostalgia for racial segregation.

The Bible will include “30 life-changing testimonials along with 125 ‘Set Your Sights’ features” from Robertson and his oldest son, Al Robertson, who serve as executive editors for the project.

The pair will also outline 52 Bible reading plans with the release.

Start saving now, hipsters! Your ironic coffee table needs this!

because I just found this...

AAnd it will sell like hotcakes.

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."
AI wonder how many Commandments they've narrowed it down to in their version..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reasor View Post

And it will sell like hotcakes.

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

I have alway like that vers.

as far as Commandments go I only worry about two, not that I any good at keeping them.

Mat 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 
Mat 22:38  This is the first and great commandment. 
Mat 22:39  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Hill View Post

Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Speaking contrarily....

This is good up unto a point....it can only work if an individual is not filled with a large degree of self-hatred.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTRan View Post

Speaking contrarily....

This is good up unto a point....it can only work if an individual is not filled with a large degree of self-hatred.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTRan View Post

Speaking contrarily....

Why do you think I said I not any good at keeping them! Love as the bible defines it, is a very hard thing for people to achieve. Also the second should be seen as not one, but two commandments. Many people also need to love themselves, which sometime is not easy.

Ah jeez.  What next?