Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AWOL Chewers
#71
AMy posts aren't the best..
Reply
#72
Atl;dr
Reply
#73
Atl;slp
Reply
#74
A[quote name="Curiosity Cosby" url="/community/t/151415/awol-chewers/50#post_3763582"]
Aw, but I miss "Franchise Me." Doesn't Josh realize a periodic column on a movie website is a bigger priority than creating and producing a nationally broadcast TV show?
[/quote]

What burns me is that he left without giving us The Batman Franchise. I mean what the fuck is wrong with some people!?
Reply
#75
AHow will we know where to discuss that series now?
Reply
#76

I is still one whole piece, my friends. Just stepping back from all things online for a spell. Truly, many thanks for your concern - I'll be back one day, for sure.

Reply
#77
A[quote name="Merriweather" url="/community/t/151415/awol-chewers/60#post_3763914"]I is still one whole piece, my friends. Just stepping back from all things online for a spell. Truly, many thanks for your concern - I'll be back one day, for sure.
[/quote]
Great to hear from you.

Just as long as you're ok..
Reply
#78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post

 

I is still one whole piece, my friends. Just stepping back from all things online for a spell. Truly, many thanks for your concern - I'll be back one day, for sure.


You're one of my top five chewers.



If I had a list.  Which I don't.  Because that would be weird.  Right?

Reply
#79
AI keep reading this as AOL chewers
Reply
#80

I used Prodigy.  AOL was for losers.

Reply
#81
AYes, but this thread wasn't titled Prodigal Chewers RETURN!!!
Reply
#82
AChewers That Netscaped?
Reply
#83

CompuSewer?

Reply
#84

alta vista anyone?

Reply
#85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
 

You're one of my top five chewers.



If I had a list.  Which I don't.  Because that would be weird.  Right?



I have a list. Am I on your list? You're on my list.

Reply
#86
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

Chewers That Netscaped?


I miss Netscape.

Reply
#87
ANetscape brings me back to a time when the Internet was just a thing in the school library and you had to put plus signs in searches.

"lemon + party"
Reply
#88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Netscape brings me back to a time when the Internet was just a thing in the school library



Reply
#89

This is an actual picture of me when I first discovered Mosaic.



Reply
#90
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.T. View Post

 


I have a list. Am I on your list? You're on my list.


You're on my "it's okay it cheat with" list.



I hope that's not too weird for you.

Reply
#91
AI hope Tzu is ok..
Reply
#92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

I hope Tzu is ok..


Is he AWOL? I've not been here much the last few days.

Reply
#93

Holy shit, you're right.  Haven't seen Tzu for a while.  Anybody have a line on him?

Reply
#94
AYou guys need a CHUD Amber alert.
Reply
#95

We've had something similar for awhile now:


(Not sure who gets the credit for it.)


Reply
#96
ALast time Tzu posted was right around the time that Robin Williams died. I mention that because it was one of his posts on that subject, not sure if it's actually in The Dead Celebrity thread or not, that started worrying me. It's been a little over two weeks.

I hope that I just read too much into stuff sometimes but one of the last posts he left sounded like he was pretty down and/or depressed. It'd be REALLY nice to hear from him..
Reply
#97

I PM'ed him. Assuming he's OK (as in functioning, able to get online), hopefully that will ping his email and he'll chime in.

Reply
#98
A[quote name="MichaelM" url="/community/t/151415/awol-chewers/90#post_3768734"]I PM'ed him. Assuming he's OK (as in functioning, able to get online), hopefully that will ping his email and he'll chime in.
[/quote]
Well shoot, I completely forgot that a PM on the site alerted your personal email. Ever since I got this new phone I've had a different personal email than the one I used for the site when I joined. But that's all irrelevant.

Be sure and let us know when he PMs you back if he chooses to do that in lieu of posting on the site!
Reply
#99

I PM'd him yesterday as well.  No reply as of yet.

Reply

A lot of this is my fault, so sorry.



My list is hundreds long. Makes me sad. Was thinking about all the Chewers I've met and hung with over the years and it was unanimously great, including with guys who apparently hate me now. Weird.



The Jake thing sucks because he misinterpreted a Tweet, not the Evil Dead tree rape joke incident. I saw the Bass Pro shop was doing this big gun sale right around the time the Newtown shootings happened and I was grossed out and said it was probably their "back to school" sale. Something that sickened me as a father of two. He thought I was cracking a joke and would not listen to reason.

Reply

Two I miss seeing around:



FrankCobretti, who is very active in other realms both figurative and literal and can always be counted on to deliver a stunningly educated response to thorny questions.



Patrick Ripoll. We made you, taught you, sheltered you. Drop a postcard now and then, eh?

Reply
AI just found the leaked celebrity nudes. The JLAW pics alone may require my extended absence.
Reply

FrankCobretti, who is very active in other realms both figurative and literal and can always be counted on to deliver a stunningly educated response to thorny questions.



I mentioned this in another thread, but yeah, Cobretti is one amazing Chewer. He's everybody's smarter older brother.

Reply
A[quote name="Jacob Singer" url="/community/t/151415/awol-chewers/100#post_3769023"]
I mentioned this in another thread, but yeah, Cobretti is one amazing Chewer. He's everybody's smarter older brother.
[/quote]

That's not true. Nobody's older than you, Jacob.
Reply
AFrankCobretti just got super busy if I remember right, pretty sure he's still a Chewer in his heart. Ripoll migrated to Facebook, and his podcast The Director's Club. You can get all the Patrick Ripoll you like in those two places but yeah, I'd like it if both those guys were around here more too.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)