Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Black Holler"
Dude!
HOT DANG!!!
Everyone in the October Horror Movie Challenge has no excuse not to see this now!

Unless they're assholes!
Gave this a watch while "working" from home today. Highly amusing-- good show, Mangy!

And yeah, I'll put it in my rankings for the Challenge a little later. Still chuckling over some of the bits in this.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
(10-02-2019, 03:22 PM)bradito Wrote: Everyone in the October Horror Movie Challenge has no excuse not to see this now!

Unless they're assholes!

Haha, I just saw this. HARSH BUT FAIR!

(10-02-2019, 05:44 PM)slim Wrote: Gave this a watch while "working" from home today. Highly amusing-- good show, Mangy!

And yeah, I'll put it in my rankings for the Challenge a little later. Still chuckling over some of the bits in this.

Thanks slim!!!!
Slim is one of the good guys!
I'm going to post this in a couple of threads as a one time only shill. Please bear with me!

"Black Holler," the film I've been jib-jabbing on here since 2014, is now available on Amazon Prime in the US and UK! 

SEE what happens when a group of middle Tennesseans have $15,000 and a bizarre refusal to quit!
ENJOY the 80s horror-comedy Bradito, Bucho and slim have already seen and liked!
POLITELY TOLERATE some guy you know from a message board acting like a complete jackass!

US - https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B...BA4PvSC2Eb
UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail...Kl6sFUmgPP

Thanks!

Also, if you want to post a review after on Amazon, that would be swell.
GAH! I don't meet the eligibility things to do an Amazon review! CENSORSHIP!

Ah well, I guess I better buy some things then.
Witness the film that I loaned to smugbug, but she hasn't watched yet because she doesn't own a DVD player!
For some reason, I can't post a review either! And I've tried...very frustrating!
A friend sent me this link...apparently he searched "80s horror" on his prime video app and we were the 3rd result, between BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR and, uh, QUACKY SLASHER. Cool!

Attached Files Image(s)

Don't fuck with the duck, Mangy!
Oh why the fuck not:

If we're all shut inside for weeks, why not check out this ridiculous movie on Amazon Prime?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B...fc62f9ac84

If you can't shill a movie during a pandemic, WHEN CAN YOU SHILL IT?
So it looks like we're no longer on Amazon Prime, so the producers contacted Wide Eye Releasing, who will be distributing it to places other than Amazon Prime in a few months, including Wal-Mart, Tubi, Hulu and other places. Pretty cool! In the meantime I'll remove my signature.
Nice!!

Any word on the sequel??
Ha, I don't think that's happening...the people who wrote it also wrote a Christmas movie aimed for BET, who's looking to get into the Lifetime game. This led to me doing a Zoom reading last month with Eddie George, former NFL running back who's interested in acting and producing stuff (He's done "Raisin in the Sun" and "Julius Caesar" on the stage here in Nashville, with Tamiko, who plays Laquita in BH). It's a modern riff on a Christmas Carol...Who knows, maybe I'll be Bald Chubby Bob Cratchitt in that one if it's made.
I have received word from smugbug that she's going to watch this next week.

I will provide further updates as the situation continues to unfold.
If she doesn't like it, well....

Okay, she might not, but dang!
Hooray!

Wild Eye Releasing is releasing BLACK HOLLER on VOD next Tuesday November 16! Woohoo!

Here's their trailer:

Here's another small batch of promo for the movie. Wild Eye sent out this:

[Image: FEqFrPTWQAUgzwC?format=jpg&name=900x900]

And here's a nice review - https://worldfilmgeek.com/2021/11/18/bla...-usa-2021/
Nice reviews are in my Top 3 types of review.