Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resident Evil 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Bain View Post

I'm starting playing this in daylight.  I know I'm going to keep playing till the sun goes down and not switch the lights on.

There is no-one else in the house but me for 10 days.

Scary times a coming..

PSVR or GTFO with that "dees ees scarez!" bullshit.

AGot bored. Switched it off after 4 hours.

Its way more frustrating than it is scary.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Bain View Post

Got bored. Switched it off after 4 hours.

Its way more frustrating than it is scary.

Play it with PSVR.

ADoes playing it in VR make it less irritating?

Really not a fan.
A[quote name="Andy Bain" url="/community/t/156107/resident-evil-7/30#post_4298976"]Does playing it in VR make it less irritating?

Really not a fan.[/quote]

Yes. IMHO, the game seems to have been built for VR.
AGood, because as a flat console game I thought it sucked. Stopped being scary very early and just became irritating.

It was a grind to get through. I picked one ending and have zero interest in seeing how the other played out.

About 10 hours of gameplay. Waste of money, especially when I'm 70+ and counting on Zero Dawn.

Going to trade it on Wednesday for Wipeout.

Haven't felt this disappointed in a game purchase for a very long time.
AI must say, when it finally goes full Resident Evil I was just playing it through for the sake of it, and it loses its' tension. But just for the first few hours alone it's one of my favourite horror games I've played. I wish they'd kept it more personal, and stuck to the crazy hillbilly Evil Dead/Chainsaw Massacre vibe of the best bits, but still up there in my top games. Can't wait for Wipeout though....
AI finally had a had a chance to pick this up and start playing. I enjoy the setting. That first true boss fight in the garage is hilarious once you figure out what you're supposed to do.

But I'm kind of tired of these games where you don't know if you're actually damaging an enemy or not, or if you should even be shooting certain characters at all. I wish they vocalized some sort of feedback on whether it was useful to waste ammunition on them or not. It's the same complaint I had with The Evil Within.

I'm in the basement section now with the moldy monsters.
AThat bit frustrated me to fuck as well, with pretty much the same complaints. I very nearly quit, but just persevere through that specific bit and you'll find it levels out (and the ammo/firepower gets a bit more generous as well)
AI just completed this on Normal difficulty today.

It reminds me a lot of Resident Evil 1. I swear there are some architectural throwbacks to the first mansion. There are rooms that are very similar in the their layout.

I generally liked this game when it wasn't being just another RE game. I don't know how many times they have to throw bosses at you that have multiple eyeballs as weak spots. That mechanic is getting pretty stale. The other boss fights were okay though.

Apparently the free Chris Redfield DLC is going to be ready for December.
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by catartik View Post

I just completed this on Normal difficulty today.

It reminds me a lot of Resident Evil 1. I swear there are some architectural throwbacks to the first mansion. There are rooms that are very similar in the their layout.

I generally liked this game when it wasn't being just another RE game. I don't know how many times they have to throw bosses at you that have multiple eyeballs as weak spots. That mechanic is getting pretty stale. The other boss fights were okay though.

Apparently the free Chris Redfield DLC is going to be ready for December.

Isolated away from the subject of this thread ... eh, never mind.

You play it in VR or normal?
ANormal way.

Has anyone played it in VR? I wonder how much that adds to the experience?

I heard it makes aiming a little easier.
A[quote name="catartik" url="/community/t/156107/resident-evil-7/30#post_4377855"]Normal way.

Has anyone played it in VR? I wonder how much that adds to the experience?

I heard it makes aiming a little easier.[/quote]

Your xenophobia aside, it is scary as fuck.
AYeah there are some of those parts where characters pop in from off screen and grab you that are probably really effective.

I'm still on the fence about buying the VR headset. If EA greenlit a Dead Space sequel with that feature it would push me over the edge.

My favourite part of the game was the Happy Birthday tape.