Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLACK PANTHER Pre-Release Discussion

Marvel officially announces the start of production today, and finally confirms Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis are reprising their roles as Everett Ross and Ulysses Klaue.

https://news.marvel.com/movies/58647/mar...panther-2/

I just hope Marvel gives Coogler free reign to do what he did with Creed. The cast is absolutely amazing.

AI really dug Martin Freeman in "Civil War." Is he Thunderbolt Ross's brother, cousin, son, nephew, clone?

I don't think there's any connection between the two in the comics, though I suppose given Everett's, er, "competence" in the source material, nepotism would make a lot of sense as his background here.

Also, a possible villain team-up between Serkis, Michael B. Jordan, Winston Duke, and possibly even

Lupita Nyong'o

sounds baller as hell. Glad that Serkis is getting a live-action villain turn for a change.

sounds nice

hope it's good

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/black-pan...ovies.html

AErik Killmonger. What a handle.
A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/159044/black-panther-pre-release-discussion#post_4272020"]sounds nice

hope it's good

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/black-pan...ovies.html
[/quote]

The headline says I'm not ready for this movie.

"Also, the characters fight giant rhino-mechs..."

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/239721/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

They're right. I'm not ready for that. Not again.

oh I AM READY

don't think that I didn't have the same thought!

AMaybe they're Republicans In Name Only in mech suits.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Maybe they're Republicans In Name Only in mech suits.

though for some reason, it would still be in the form of an elephant...

Teaser trailer tonight in game 4 of the NBA finals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

The team-up movie we all really want.

That one for THE PHANTOM is better.  That one for BLACK PANTHER looks like a total rush job.

OH SHIT, we have the teaser launching tonight.  We need to whip out a poster.  Bob, doesn't your son know photoshop?

Poster is garbage.

Teaser Trailer will hopefully be anti-garbage.

Until I saw it elsewhere on the web I thought that was some fan art, maybe a P-shop job over a not particularly well drawn existing comics cover... I honestly don't know what Marvel are thinking when they put this stuff out.

The resemblance to the Phantom poster is pretty funny since the Panther owes some superficial details to the earlier character. You'd almost suspect they did that on purpose.

Wonder how much of a teaser this trailer's going to be-- the movie is still quite a ways off.

Athe poster looks more like the result of one of those fun family photo ops at amusement parks

STICK YOUR HEAD IN HERE
AOh, man. I had that Phantom poster on my wall when I was a #teen. I got it at a comic book convention.

I used to love The Phantom when I was younger. I think it was the start of my "thing" for Catherine Zeta Jones (fuck you Michael Douglas).

AI only hope Black Panther has as cool a tagline as "SLAM EVIL!"
AI also had a Phantom skull ring.

I had no idea what a Phantom phan I was until now.
AThat throne is nice, but I can't get over that Uncanny Valley cg head. Or is that realy him and a bad composite?
AIt looks to me like they probably had a perfectly serviceable digital painting of a masked T'Challa on his throne, and decided at the last minute to badly photoshop Chadwick Boseman's head over it. I wonder if Boseman's agent insisted on that.

Gunn and Waititi must be hiring their own designers. Because Marvel's record for this stuff is fucking terrible, otherwise.

AMan, now I have a hankering to catch back up on The Phantom.
AUh... That TV spot that just aired during game 4.

It looked like shit, dudes.

Teaser Trailer is up

That forest scene at the beginning feels so cheap.

Still excited for the movie.  Not all that jazzed by this teaser as a teaser.  I hope it looks better in the theater, because it has that milky digital look that other marble movies have.  It doesn't feel all that colorful despite there clearly being a lot of color in the costumes.  I said the same for the trailer for Ragnarok on youtube... and it looked better overall in a big theater.

You're wrong that looks amazing.

Love Michael B. Jordan's look!

But this teaser trying to milk some kind of 'creepy interrogation laugh/two-way mirror moment" with someone from someone who was barely made an impression from a dull movie like ultrum?

it is to laugh!

A[quote name="Freeman" url="/community/t/159044/black-panther-pre-release-discussion#post_4303842"]You're wrong that looks amazing.  
[/quote]

Explain.

Given that this is Black Panther, it is interesting that the first trailer is largely taken up by two white guys.

I enjoyed Serkis' appearance in Age of Ultron just as a chance to see the guy not being CGIed out of the film for once, and am deeply amused by his going FULL HAMMMMM in his reunion with Freeman here, but c'mon, we all know T'Challa from Civil War, and he was the best part. Give the guy a line!

AFucking whoa.

I truly love that trailer.

As of now I don't plan on skipping a Marvel movie, so of course I'll be seeing this.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
AThat looks good to me. Love the costumes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post

Given that this is Black Panther, it is interesting that the first trailer is largely taken up by two white guys.

I enjoyed Serkis' appearance in Age of Ultron just as a chance to see the guy not being CGIed out of the film for once, and am deeply amused by his going FULL HAMMMMM in his reunion with Freeman here, but c'mon, we all know T'Challa from Civil War, and he was the best part. Give the guy a line!

Coogler is just giving us The Hobbit reunion we've all been waiting for!