Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Alex Jones thread: Because it's time
I'm fairly convinced Jacob Wohl could commit 40 crimes on national television, and somehow just skate away without any problems. 

But maybe something can stick:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ny-ag-leti...ocall-plot

Quote:New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has filed a lawsuit against bumbling right-wing conspiracy theorists Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman over robocalls the pair allegedly made to suppress the Black vote ahead of the 2020 presidential election. “Hi, this is Tamika Taylor from Project 1599, the civil rights organization founded by Jack Burman and Jacob Wohl,” the automated recordings told the targeted voters. “Mail-in voting sounds great, but did you know that if you vote by mail, your personal information will be part of a public database that will be used by police departments to track down old warrants and be used by credit card companies to collect outstanding debts? The CDC is even pushing to use records for mail-in voting to track people for mandatory vaccines. Don’t be finessed into giving your private information to the man, stay home safe and beware of vote by mail.”

James says 5,500 New Yorkers were affected; she’s asking for Wohl and Burkman to pay $500 for each violation and forfeit all profits. If successful, they will be on the hook for $2.75 million, in addition to the felony charges they face in other states for the alleged scheme. Wohl and Burkman have a history of failed schemes, including an attempt to pin false sexual assault allegations on now-U.S. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, former special counsel Robert Mueller, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren.
Didn't he fuck the girl that falsely accused Mueller, then dump her because she was in her 30s?
Yes, he did.

Somewhere deep in this thread is an interview with that woman.
The poetic ending would be him going to prison and his burly cellmate/fiance's the same age as that lady.
1. Wikipedia just straights up calls Wohl an internet troll.

2. If ever a case of someone failing upwards despite being a complete failure, it is this guy. There are people who know how to play the outrage system to their benefits, and then there's Wohl who thinks repeating rumors about liberals in coffee shop wanting to vote for Trump is somehow ingenious.

3. His fucking website. Holy shit, dudes.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Maybe I need glasses, but I wouldn't recognize many people on a sidewalk from a sixth-floor apartment:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tomi-l...d=msedgntp

Quote:Fox Nation host Tomi Lahren had a rough weekend, as she detailed in an interview with Fox News Radio’s Jimmy Failla, with one person calling her “Nazi Barbie” and another tossing eggs at her from a sixth-floor apartment as she walked past.

Lahren described her weekend on Failla’s show Fox Across America, as examples of how “confrontational” liberals had become:

Just this past weekend I had two incidents. I had a girl from the sixth floor of an apartment complex try to throw eggs at me. Of course, being a liberal, she’s not super athletic. So she missed me. But yes, she tried to throw eggs at me. Yesterday, I had a grown man with a cigarette in hand and a mask on his face telling me once again that I’m “Nazi Barbie” and telling me that I dance on the graves of Native Americans.

I mean, the left has become so emboldened now that where it used to be, for me, just people attacking me on social media, now they’re doing what [California Democratic Rep.] Maxine Waters said and they’re getting more confrontational because they believe they have this free pass. And I’m concerned it’s only going to get worse, for all of us.
Project Veritas assigned female undercover operatives to arrange dates with FBI employees and other officials and secretly record them, with the aim of capturing any disparaging comments made about Trump:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/us/po...&smtyp=cur
"And for our next masterstroke, let's send FBI agents on shitty first dates!"
"Why can't the libs hide in their lockers when us Servs walk down the hall as God intended?!?"

"Hi, I work for Project Veritas, and because I don't know Latin (homeschooled), I don't see the irony in being completely dishonest about my intentions. Would you like to get an appetizer?"
(05-13-2021, 08:24 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Project Veritas assigned female undercover operatives to arrange dates with FBI employees and other officials and secretly record them, with the aim of capturing any disparaging comments made about Trump:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/us/po...&smtyp=cur

So, O'Keefe isn't pretending anymore...he's actually pimping women.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Is this kinda human trafficking?
https://twitter.com/kimpossiblefact/stat...9105003537

[Image: E1XO3s3XsAoOHQx?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Fuck, I'm getting an annual pass.
"Vaccinated only" sounds great.
Imagine a utopia with no Trump supporters, no anti-vaxxers, and no baffling political cartoons.

Truly, the happiest place on Earth.
Never mind.  Brad beat me to it.  That's what happens when you post without refreshing.
'make sure you pay attention to the awesome suits' - Nooj on UNDERWATER
What’s the M word?

*don’t say Martha*
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
I like how Donald Duck, the short-tempered, tantrum-throwing character with a hilarious speech impediment, is MAGA.

It ain't Prince Charming or even Gaston. No, it's the cranky waterfowl with no pants on.
The joke's on them, these character designs are obviously the Filmation knockoff versions anyway.
I'm still enamored with this idea of a MAGA-free theme park. Just imagine...

- You'll never hear the words "snowflake," "triggered," or "woke" again
- No QAnon. At all.
- No ugly fucking Trump flags, Blue Lives Matter flags, or Confederate flags
- No hideous Punisher bumper stickers, hats or t-shirts
- No "both sides"
- No Fox News
- No AR-15s, mass shootings, or insurrections

I should go into the theme park biz.
Anyone want to start making a list of better uses for this money?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/an-entire-...itter_page

Quote:Lander County, Nevada, is shelling out $2,500 for lifetime membership to a controversial, far-right law-enforcement group, The Daily Beast has learned. For their money, residents will get some lapel pins, a plaque, and a big party featuring an alleged participant in the Jan. 6 attack on the United States Capitol.

A former mining boom community in the Nevada desert, Lander County is the rural home to fewer than 10,000 residents. But after a 4-1 vote by its board of commissioners, it’s the first in the nation with a dubious distinction: Lander will become a county-level member of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, a right-wing group that promotes sheriffs as the last bastion of freedom and safety in Joe Biden’s America.

The Lander County manager and the head of the CSPOA both told The Daily Beast on Friday that the county had paid a $2,500 lifetime membership fee to join the group. And on Saturday, the county will host a party to celebrate its new status. The event’s speakers list includes the head of the CSPOA, a California-based “mamalitia” [mama militia], and Simone Gold, a hydroxychloroquine-hyping doctor who is currently facing charges for allegedly entering the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot.

Richard Mack, founder of the CSPOA, said Lander’s county manager reached out about securing membership for the entire jurisdiction. Membership is largely “symbolic,” Mack told The Daily Beast, though it does come at a cost.

“It’s $2,500,” Mack said on Friday. “We’re giving them a huge membership plaque to put on their wall at the county building and we’re giving them all sorts of merchandise from CSPOA: 100 lapel pins, 500 books, and blah blah blah, so when people come by or any citizen comes by, they can always get one. Then we’re gonna give out a bunch of free stuff tomorrow, too.”

Though Lander County leans strongly Republican, not everyone is thrilled with the news. Claudio Cardosa, chair of the county’s Democratic party, said he hadn’t even heard of the CSPOA until the county’s commissioners were voting to join it.

“I don’t know why the county’s joining organizations. That should be left up to individuals, not counties,” Cardosa told The Daily Beast. “We’ve got that much money we can just join associations, right or left?”
Lander county NV-

Quote:2010 census
At the 2010 census, there were 5,775 people, 2,213 households, and 1,545 families living in the county.[12] The population density was 1.1 inhabitants per square mile (0.42/km2). There were 2,575 housing units at an average density of 0.5 per square mile (0.19/km2).[13] The racial makeup of the county was 84.0% white, 4.2% American Indian, 0.4% Asian, 0.3% black or African American, 8.6% from other races, and 2.5% from two or more races. Those of Hispanic or Latino origin made up 21.1% of the population

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lander_County,_Nevada
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
A sad state of affairs:

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1...2141021184

Quote:Q hasn't posted since December of last year, but some true believers still expect Q's swift return.

I bet some will spend the rest of their lives awaiting the second coming of Q.

[Image: E1g_5rjVgAgLPlE?format=jpg&name=small]
It's a cult that gets super excited about... waiting.
"All this has happened before, and all this will happen again."

Quote:When Prophecy Fails

When Prophecy Fails: A Social and Psychological Study of a Modern Group That Predicted the Destruction of the World is a classic work of social psychology by Leon Festinger, Henry Riecken, and Stanley Schachter, published in 1956, detailing a study of a small UFO religion in Chicago called the Seekers that believed in an imminent apocalypse. The authors took a particular interest in the members' coping mechanisms after the event did not occur, focusing on the cognitive dissonance between the members' beliefs and actual events, and the psychological consequences of these disconfirmed expectations. One of the first published cases of dissonance was reported in this book.

Quote:Festinger, Riecken and Schachter used the study to test their theories on how people might be expected to behave when faced with a specific type of dissonance, arising from a failed prophecy. From historical examples, such as the Montanists, Anabaptists, Sabbateans, Millerites and the beginnings of Christianity, the team had seen that in some cases the failure of a prophecy, rather than causing a rejection of the original belief system, could lead believers to increase their personal commitment, and also increase their efforts to recruit others into the belief.
This is why should never join a cult, a religion or Sam's Club.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Shayan86/stat...4683298818

I hope that is accurate but I don't know how to measure Qanon involvement. It could be that there have been no Q posts since then so of course there are less reasons to share.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Fewer
(05-19-2021, 11:34 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: I hope that is accurate but I don't know how to measure Qanon involvement. It could be that there have been no Q posts since then so of course there are less reasons to share.

I dont' think that's true.  While Q himself has been MIA, especially since he's mostly likely 8chan's creator who has since fucked off once it seemed likely he could have charges brought against him, QANON group has been fairly lively.  Though I'd argue it might be proof that the people who wholeheartedly believe in it is significantly lesser than we thought.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Fewer
While it was always a load of trollish bullshit, this whole idea of 'Q' has morphed into a 'choose your own adventure' story with the ability for anyone to throw up (metaphoric image) any random batshit idea onto the interwebs where it has the ability to propagate exponentially and suck in the ignorant and gullible.
Of course, the 'occasional' Q followers who originally bought into all the bullshit end up going quiet once they realized that they've been lied to. They can't and won't admit that they were suckered because that would mean that they would have to admit to themselves their own gullibility...better to be in denial than admit being wrong.
The ones that remain are a mix of grifters, trolls and woefully ignorant individuals that will hold on for dear life and go down with the ship if it means being proven 'wrong'.
(05-19-2021, 12:24 PM)bradito Wrote: Fewer

booooooo.

(05-19-2021, 12:43 PM)vtran Wrote: While it was always a load of trollish bullshit, this whole idea of 'Q' has morphed into a 'choose your own adventure' story with the ability for anyone to throw up (metaphoric image) any random batshit idea onto the interwebs where it has the ability to propagate exponentially and suck in the ignorant and gullible.
Of course, the 'occasional' Q followers who originally bought into all the bullshit end up going quiet once they realized that they've been lied to. They can't and won't admit that they were suckered because that would mean that they would have to admit to themselves their own gullibility...better to be in denial than admit being wrong.
The ones that remain are a mix of grifters, trolls and woefully ignorant individuals that will hold on for dear life and go down with the ship if it means being proven 'right'.

It would not surprise me at all if study was found that the majority of people who buy in to whole Q thing are struggling in some aspect of their daily lives.  Because the idea that "actually, you're not a loser. You're someone who knows what's really going on" is too intoxicating for people.  They're the heroes of their own story.

That's the problem with contrarianism in this country.  The feeling of believing in something that is controversial has more value than believing in something that has substance.  Everyone wants to be Neo, but no one wants to do the work.
(05-19-2021, 02:20 PM)ska oreo Wrote: Everyone wants to be Neo, but no one wants to do the work.
That's it in a nutshell.