Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
SWAG BRAG: Chud Holiday Gift Xchange 2017
#71

Ooh. Not suitable for guests? :::whispers to self::Tonguelease let it be the 12in. Bedroom Dominator I orderd for Singer.

Reply
#72
AMcIrish made me feel loved! A book I’ve been holding off on buying, a video game I’ve heard nothing but great things about, and tiny notebooks to record my impressions of both!

Thanks, McIrish! Happy holidays, everyone.

[Image: 400]
Reply
#73

Nice to see Field Notes well repped this year.

home taping is killing music
Reply
#74
A[quote name="Boone Daniels" url="/community/t/159875/swag-brag-chud-holiday-gift-xchange-2017/60#post_4435190"]Nice to see Field Notes well repped this year. 
[/quote]

I’ve been wanting to try them out for literally YEARS. Don’t know why it took me so long to pull the trigger. Luckily for me, McIrish stepped up.
Reply
#75
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrix View Post


I’ve been wanting to try them out for literally YEARS. Don’t know why it took me so long to pull the trigger. Luckily for me, McIrish stepped up.


They're not my favorite all-purpose notebook, but I love their design and the paper quality is aces. These are fabulous: https://fieldnotesbrand.com/products/frontpage

home taping is killing music
Reply
#76

I was at a fill-your-bag for $5 book sale at a sci-fi bookstore a while back, and was surprised to see a stack of hardcover Lechturrm 1917s on the table, the dotted kind.  Surprised to say the least since they usually go for $25 apiece.  When I asked the clerk if they were sure that they were for sale, they confirmed that they had mistakenly ordered the dotted version, instead of the lined...so I wound up with eleven Lechturrm hardcovers for $5.  I spent another $15 on some Micron pens, and started bullet-journalling with my students.  Big mistake.  The motherfuckers won't stop.  I should have sold them on eBay.



I use a Rhodia myself.   But Field Notes are great for the, uh, field.

Reply
#77

...I wonder what Mr. Nunz wished for..

Reply
#78
A[quote name="bendrix" url="/community/t/159875/swag-brag-chud-holiday-gift-xchange-2017/50_50#post_4435187"]McIrish made me feel loved! A book I’ve been holding off on buying, a video game I’ve heard nothing but great things about, and tiny notebooks to record my impressions of both!

Thanks, McIrish! Happy holidays, everyone.

[Image: 400][/quote]

Very happy to see everything arrived on time and that you are pleased with the choices!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Reply
#79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham View Post
 

...I wonder what Mr. Nunz wished for..



We pitched in and got him something nice the last couple years, but he keeps posting about how he's tired of getting stiffed.

Reply
#80
AI sent him a copy of Christopher Buehlman's Between Two Fires.????

On a side note, Canadian Amazon no longer carries the unrated Scarecrows dammit!
Reply
#81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post

I got another surprise gift which Ill post after company departs.


Now that I have unencumbered access to my stuff again, I can follow up on this.



Never let it be said that the Dark Lord of the Galaxy doesn't have a little Kringle under that hood. I got this surprise package from Overlord!:





For those of you without the Force ability to see my crappy phone pic, that's a copy of the book REPLAY by Ken Grimwood, and a copy of the much-ballyhoo'ed (but unplayed-by-me-until-I-finish-the-fourth) Uncharted game The Lost Legacy, both of which I can't wait to dive into. This has been a season filled with just damnably terrific surprises from my fellow Chewers, and hats off to the supremely evil Overlord for making it even better. Cheers!

Reply
#82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Subotai View Post
 

I was at a fill-your-bag for $5 book sale at a sci-fi bookstore a while back, and was surprised to see a stack of hardcover Lechturrm 1917s on the table, the dotted kind.  Surprised to say the least since they usually go for $25 apiece.  When I asked the clerk if they were sure that they were for sale, they confirmed that they had mistakenly ordered the dotted version, instead of the lined...so I wound up with eleven Lechturrm hardcovers for $5.  I spent another $15 on some Micron pens, and started bullet-journalling with my students.  Big mistake.  The motherfuckers won't stop.  I should have sold them on eBay.



I use a Rhodia myself.   But Field Notes are great for the, uh, field.



For my heavier journals, I use dotted LTs exclusively. I do bullet journaling, too, and the paper quality is the best. It's what I use almost exclusively now after years of bouncing from notebook to notebook. And muji/Field Notes for the field/casual use.

home taping is killing music
Reply
#83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post
 


Now that I have unencumbered access to my stuff again, I can follow up on this.



Never let it be said that the Dark Lord of the Galaxy doesn't have a little Kringle under that hood. I got this surprise package from Overlord!:





For those of you without the Force ability to see my crappy phone pic, that's a copy of the book REPLAY by Ken Grimwood, and a copy of the much-ballyhoo'ed (but unplayed-by-me-until-I-finish-the-fourth) Uncharted game The Lost Legacy, both of which I can't wait to dive into. This has been a season filled with just damnably terrific surprises from my fellow Chewers, and hats off to the supremely evil Overlord for making it even better. Cheers!



Holiday surprises for minions do wonders for morale.



HAPPY HOLIDAYS/MERRY CHRISTMAS/WONDROUS FESTIVUS TO YOU ALL!

Reply
#84
AThat's pretty great when you imagine it spoken in Palpatine's voice.
Reply
#85

For reasons I both do and don't understand* I sat this year out - first time I haven't participated in over 7 years. Reading this, though, puts a huge smile on my face.



Y'all are a great bunch of folks.



I just hope next year there'll be an exchange to do.













*Yeah, I know how fucking pretentious and fishing-for-concern that sounds. It's not meant to be either.

Reply
#86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post
 


For those of you without the Force ability to see my crappy phone pic, that's a copy of the book REPLAY by Ken Grimwood, and a copy of the much-ballyhoo'ed (but unplayed-by-me-until-I-finish-the-fourth) Uncharted game The Lost Legacy, both of which I can't wait to dive into. This has been a season filled with just damnably terrific surprises from my fellow Chewers, and hats off to the supremely evil Overlord for making it even better. Cheers!



REPLAY is a great novel.  You're gonna dig that one a lot.

Reply
#87
AMerry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my friends here!

...and the rest of you


JK. Wink
Reply
#88

Which is the 'I'm drunk on Christmas' thead?

Reply
#89
A[quote name="Kriegaffe" url="/community/t/159875/swag-brag-chud-holiday-gift-xchange-2017/60#post_4436182"]Which is the 'I'm drunk on Christmas' thead?
[/quote]
This one if you want it to be, I guess! There's a drunk thread though but I doubt anybody would mind.

I don't know you very well but Merry Christmas to you too!
Reply
#90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post


This one if you want it to be, I guess! There's a drunk thread though but I doubt anybody would mind.

I don't know you very well but Merry Christmas to you too!



Yeah, I remember like 5 years ago I got maggotted and posted up a storm. Wife is asleep on the couch and the kids are hooked into Minecraft, so I thought I'd hang out at the Chud forums.




Happy holidays folks!

Reply
#91
AI do remember you pretty well Kriegaffe from 2005 or so till when I stopped just being a lurker. I just don't think we've interacted much. I got you and the other Hellboy mixed up sometimes lol. Tati is the other one I think, right? Except he's actually a picture of Perlman and you're Mignola art.

wish I was drinking. Staying at my girlfriends house and just got done helping her put her kid's Santa Claus stuff out.

And sorry....I say Merry Christmas outta reflex. Happy Holidays if you prefer Smile!
Reply
#92

"Remember, no man is a failure who has friends."



Very thankful and happy to call all of you in this thread and across the board friends. It feels strange to say that, but I've known some of you for 15+ years, longer than people I see every day.  That's deep, rich, profound, and to be cherished. And even though we all fight like cats and dogs, I try to remember that. I'm grateful for you.



Even if you are all super problematic. 

Happy holidays, one and all.

home taping is killing music
Reply
#93

Woo! That was a helluva Christmas party!





So has everybody received their stuff? Did we all have a jolly?

Reply
#94
AIs Jacob Singer not one of the nicest, most thoughtful people that any of us could hope to be acquainted with? Thank you again, so much!

[Image: 400]
Reply
#95

Is that the eighties remake?

Reply
#96
AIt is indeed!
Reply
#97

This was a late gift 'cause Amazon just couldn't come up with the item I initially ordered, so we worked out a replacement package.



Also, and I'm just gonna come out and say it, Fraid got hosed by his actual giver.



There. I said it.

Reply
#98
AYeah that Exorcist still ain't back in stock. That particular one anyway. But I picked up that UK release of The Exorcist and it's great.

Thank you for being you, man Smile
Reply
#99

Fraid just couldn't let the season go without gifting me in kind, the big lug. This arrived this afternoon:





(Yes, I still have some Christmas junk out. Sue me)



Looking forward to trying this on the PS4. Hopefully they'll introduce cross-platform play someday (hey, a fella can dream, can't he?), then I'd have this on three different machines in the house, making for some fun co-op.



Thanks Fraid!

Reply
AYou're very welcome Jacob!

I'm sure that we can all agree that if anyone deserves a little extra Merry Merry, that it's Jacob Singer. I mean....after what he did for me....just a "thank you" didn't seem to be enough..
Reply
AThe great Subotai sent me a couple goodies as well. I might tear up. Y'all all so good to me. Love you guys! Thank you so much Subotai! Will post pics when I get back home..
Reply
AHere's the swag courtesy of Subotai:

[Image: 400]
I've never seen either of these films and only ever heard of the older one. Thanks so much for thinking of me, man!
Reply
AI wasn't happy to hear a former giftee of mine got stiffed. Had to do something about it.

That film on the left was the best movie of 2017. Forget The Only Jedi, Jurassic World, or any of those wanna-be's - Shot Caller was it.

The Onion Field is a just a bleak, gritty film, based on a non-fiction book by Joseph Wambaugh. Early Harold Becker, Ted Danson and James Woods. I think it's pretty fair to say that the view of cops on Chud is pretty one-sided, but this film anyhow shows what the job is like.
Reply

I remember THE ONION FIELD being a really solid movie.  Nice one, Subotai.

Reply
AIt was such a nice surprise. If not for you, I'd probably have never watched Shot Caller. I'm gonna watch it when I get home this evening Smile

This is why I love CHUD. You guys are all so thoughtful. What other site has people that do this? Y'all feel like a second (and better) family lol.

Also....DJ Dylan! Come on here and don't be a no show! If something is going on with you, just talk about it! Or PM me! I'll listen! I hope you're ok man. I'm not mad. No hard feelings. Nothing of the sort. Even if Jacob and Subotai hadn't done what they did I wouldn't be pissed. Come on man!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)