Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020 Election: Suffering without end.
(01-06-2021, 02:32 PM)mondguy Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 12:58 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: My mom, bless her heart, ever the pessimist is 100% CONVINCED that Trump will declare martial law and that's how he'll stay in office. I need to clarify...she is NOT a Trump supporter and never has been....so, she's definitely framing that as a very negative thing.

I'll be honest...I don't actually know HOW that works exactly.

It doesn't work.  My mother has been convinced of the same thing at times.  It's half feeding the insane base/half about demoralizing us.

WP had a quick article but what Trump and can’t do if he calls for Martial Law—there’s nothing he can do to change the election.  

Force a revote?  Like my black ass is gonna go out in the cold to vote for Biden again.

Basically calling the military would be a full on coup—and not one Republican is down for that.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
(01-06-2021, 02:51 PM)ska oreo Wrote: Basically calling the military would be a full on coup—and not one Republican is down for that.

Oh, there are more than a few republicans that would most definitely be down for a military coup in this country.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Buildings around the Capitol have been evacuated (at least one bomb threat). Trump supporters are apparently trying to storm the Capitol building from two different sides now.
(01-06-2021, 02:49 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: relax.  These fuckers are doing theater right now and they know it.  it's all raw meat for their supporters, and they're all looking like fucking lunatics by storming the capital.  Nobody can point the finger at Antifa over this, it's all their own doing.

I don't think it's only theater. By itself...maybe? But it's all part of actions that serve to dangerously weaken how our government works, is elected, and recognizes lawful winners.

Frankly, I expect 2024 to be worse than this.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I mean, Trump's entire political campaign/career is just theater that got way out of hand. It's still been enormously destructive.
This shit was always going to end up in a siege movie situation. Got a smoke?

Seriously though, this is the "If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge in the other" part of the whole GOP has created their own Frankenstein's Monster deal
(01-06-2021, 03:41 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Frankly, I expect 2024 to be worse than this.

As this prediction comes from someone who saw firsthand the complete shitshow that resulted from a 73-73 tie in an electoral college vote, it frightens me.

We're getting news reports that Trump fans are storming the Capitol. Is this true?
(01-06-2021, 04:01 PM)jhp1608 Wrote: We're getting news reports that Trump fans are storming the Capitol. Is this true?

Yes, it's true that you are getting those news reports.

**It is also true that is what is happening.

Yes, at least one made it into the Chamber.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/...850680.php
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
(01-06-2021, 04:02 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:01 PM)jhp1608 Wrote: We're getting news reports that Trump fans are storming the Capitol. Is this true?

Yes, it's true that you are getting those news reports.

**It is also true that is what is happening.

*golf clap*

Space monkeys are real!

He needs to form a band with this guy

[Image: gettyimages-1294930640.jpg?w=700]

Jeez if only they tried this hard to get us free healthcare or covid payments. Priorities, man.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the MAGA dork!
So what exactly is the goal for these morons? They got inside Congress, they posed for pictures, and got to be on TV. Now what?
The vote is going to continue, Biden is getting sworn in, and you assholes are still going to be upset, nothing is going to change.
Visual content, maybe. Memes, posters, video. Anything to keep stirring the pot.
January 6th, 2021: The Day the Clowns Cried
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
"We're not all masters of our souls, Meacham...I learned that on Earth."
(01-06-2021, 03:59 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 03:41 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Frankly, I expect 2024 to be worse than this.

As this prediction comes from someone who saw firsthand the complete shitshow that resulted from a 73-73 tie in an electoral college vote, it frightens me.

"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Apparently something similar happened in Kinshasa recently. These "shithole countries", eh?
(01-06-2021, 10:26 AM)leto ii Wrote: Stacey Abrams is an American Fucking Hero right now.

Put her in charge of the DNC elections.  She seems eminently more suited to the role than anyone else the Dems have had recently.

(01-06-2021, 04:21 PM)jhp1608 Wrote: Visual content, maybe. Memes, posters, video. Anything to keep stirring the pot.

This.  It's hilarious these morons are shouting 1776.  It's like that, except without less planning and leadership, and more drunken shennanigans.  Some of those pictures are fucking gross and they're going to be chief proof why no one in the world will respect us.  This is on every single Republican. Every single one of them.
(01-06-2021, 04:16 PM)bradito Wrote: Open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the MAGA dork!

A perfect joke.
Has the U.S. government lost control of its own seat like this? Not since the British took Washington in 1814, as far as I know. I’m glad I live across town from the Capitol.
Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
We can stop this if we all renounce our wishes.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(01-06-2021, 05:22 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: We can stop this if we all renounce our wishes.

But ... you wished for Trump to lose the election ...

Hahah...Trump just gave such a half-assed speech telling people to go home...but also making sure to point out he was robbed!!!
(01-06-2021, 05:10 PM)Curiosity Cosby Wrote: Has the U.S. government lost control of its own seat like this? Not since the British took Washington in 1814, as far as I know. I’m glad I live across town from the Capitol.

How quickly we forget.  It happened on January 20, 2017.

They just called it for Ossoff. Dems have control of the senate.

yaaaaaay
(01-06-2021, 05:26 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 05:10 PM)Curiosity Cosby Wrote: Has the U.S. government lost control of its own seat like this? Not since the British took Washington in 1814, as far as I know. I’m glad I live across town from the Capitol.

How quickly we forget.  It happened on January 17, 2017.

For me, it was a Tuesday.

Sorry, was 3 days before Trump’s inauguration particularly significant?
Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
(01-06-2021, 05:22 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: We can stop this if we all renounce our wishes.

"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Arjen wins the internet today.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
I can't believe I'm typing this, but there's at least a puncher's chance that Pence becomes our 46th President in the next 48 hours.

(01-06-2021, 05:36 PM)ska oreo Wrote: They just called it for Ossoff. Dems have control of the senate.

yaaaaaay

Was just about to post this.....

in much, much, much, much happier news.....

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status...0402417666
(01-06-2021, 05:24 PM)ska oreo Wrote: Hahah...Trump just gave such a half-assed speech telling people to go home...but also making sure to point out he was robbed!!!

"Listen we were totally fucked over and I completely agree with you but uhh.....knock it off I guess."
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(01-06-2021, 05:58 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 05:24 PM)ska oreo Wrote: Hahah...Trump just gave such a half-assed speech telling people to go home...but also making sure to point out he was robbed!!!

"Listen we were totally fucked over and I completely agree with you but uhh.....knock it off I guess."

Basically, but somehow what he came up with sounds even less presidential.

Gov. Wolf of Pennsylvania calling out Republicans there for their bullshit:

https://twitter.com/Elaijuh/status/1346865748292096000

Quote:PA Gov. Tom Wolf on PA GOP lawmakers planning to object:

“They claim to believe that Pennsylvania’s election was compromised and that our electoral votes are suspect. This, of course, is a shameful lie. The very democracy these lawmakers swore an oath to uphold is at risk here.”