Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020 Election: Suffering without end.
(01-07-2021, 12:40 PM)schwartz Wrote: Trump is going to see rapidly diminishing returns on his ability to "control" these choads once he is out of office.  Once he is safely ensconced in Mar-A-Lago, he'll  try to direct some repeat performances, but it won't be the same.  With a heavier federal hand coming from someone that isn't actually encouraging this shit, and a couple "example" prosecutions leading to actual jail time for the most blatant idiots like the guy that took papers from Pelosi's office, the sequels will become less and less fun to be a part of.  And Trump will be really bad at playing the part of leader-in-exile, offering no scintilla of protection or sense of progress to the "soldiers" he continuously orders into battle for his own amusement, possibly with an actual bucket of Mar-A-Lago branded popcorn visible in the webcam frame.

White grievance politics aren't leaving us any time soon, but Trump's personal influence?  I think that will actually wane very rapidly.

Absolutely there will be some spineless assholes (Cruz) who'll cling to Trump, I have to imagine that a large portion of senior Republicans are fucking furious.  In a span of a couple of months, we went from "Republicans got what they wanted," to "Holy shit how did they mess such an easy get?"  And the answer is Trump.  He can't help himself, and as the years go on he'll be more and more politically toxic.  Again, there will be no plausible deniability here.  Anyone who shares space with him is an out and proud racist.

And yeah, if you really want to stop repeated treason run--shut that shit down and shut it down hard. Mass arrests. Jail sentences, make it clear that what you're doing is fucking treason and not just a friday night bash with the bros.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
(01-07-2021, 12:54 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Honestly, I'm thinking that the GOP is going to be flailing for a few years.  There's an obvious divide in the party between 'regular' supporters and 'maga idiots'.  I think it'll take some time before those two halves will be able to reconcile and figure out a path forward.

My suspicion is that Trump's flameout happens very quickly once he is out of office, and the "maga idiots" come home to the "regular" GOP well before 2022, having completely forgotten Trump's name.

It's hard to say which of us is being the optimist and who is being cynical in this case.
https://mobile.twitter.com/justinamash/s...6583642112

Fascinating, indeed:

https://twitter.com/KerryHowley/status/1...3520741376

Quote:Josh Hawley reacted with more energy and anger to a tweet about a feature I wrote for The New Republic than he did to the violent and deadly storming of the US Capitol. Fascinating
Even a Trump campaign lawyer is like, "Woah, this is too much."

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-camp...e-a-crime/

Quote:Trump campaign counsel Jerome Marcus announced in a Thursday legal filing that he was withdrawing from his role, claiming he had been “used” by his “repugnant” client.

In the filing with the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Marcus said he was requesting to withdraw his representation, arguing it had “used” his “services to perpetrate a crime” and adding, “the client insists upon taking action that the lawyer considers repugnant and with which the lawyer has a fundamental disagreement.”

Marcus had been representing the campaign in challenging the results of the election in Pennsylvania.

“I believe that the filing of that and other cases was used by President Trump yesterday to incite people to violence,” Marcus said in a statement provided to media after the filing. “I refer specifically to his urging people to come to Washington for a ‘wild’ protest. I want absolutely no part of that. Therefore I have asked the court to allow me to withdraw as counsel.”
Rats eating rats. You love to see it.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/you-are-scum...e-removed/
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
https://mobile.twitter.com/themaxburns/s...9276601351

Jerome Marcus, while undoubtedly speaking the truth, has violated his ethical obligations as an attorney with those comments.

Lying about some bullshit "out of court settlement" is peak fucking Trump:

https://twitter.com/JessicaHuseman/statu...9172279298

Quote:BREAKING: Trump has told the Georgia SOS he will *drop* the lawsuits his campaign has filed against the office. He’s said it’s because he’s getting an “out of court settlement” but I am told the SOS’s office has agreed to nothing.
Hawley is quickly becoming the scapegoat, or, at least, the guy facing the most consequences:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...d=msedgntp

Quote:David Humphreys, a Joplin, Mo., businessman and major donor to Sen. Josh Hawley's (R-Mo.) first campaign, disavowed him in a statement released Thursday, calling the lawmaker a "political opportunist."

"Hawley should be censured by his Senate colleagues for his actions which have undermined a peaceful transition of power and for provoking yesterday's riots in our nation's capital," wrote Humphreys. "We owe it to our children and grandchildren to protect our country and its Constitutional underpinnings."

Hawley was interrupted during a Senate debate Wednesday when pro-Trump rioters broke into the Capitol building, causing media, lawmakers and staffers to evacuate. Though many other Republican senators withdrew their oppositions to the election results following the violence, Hawley maintained his opposition once the Capitol was secured.

As the Missouri Independent reports, Humphreys, the CEO of Tamko Building Products, has donated millions to Republican campaigns over the years. In 2018, Humphreys donated nearly $2 million to independent groups supporting Hawley.
Hawley wants to be Trump 2.0 in 2024.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Let him and Cruz eat each other for those insane votes. Let them become the face of this nonsense.
"You want a vision of the future?Imagine a boot stomping on a human face.....forever."
I'd be more comfortable with Cruz because 1) everyone hates him already and 2) he's only slightly smarter than Trump.

But it won't be Cruz. I don't know how to say this without sounding like I'm praising Trump - Cruz simply doesn't have the presence or...tenacity?...to be Trump 2.0. He's too amorphous. Trump's a traitor, an idiot, and a racist...but he's always those things. Cruz is whatever he thinks the crowd in front of him wants.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(01-08-2021, 10:22 AM)MichaelM Wrote: I'd be more comfortable with Cruz because 1) everyone hates him already and 2) he's only slightly smarter than Trump.

But it won't be Cruz. I don't know how to say this without sounding like I'm praising Trump - Cruz simply doesn't have the presence or...tenacity?...to be Trump 2.0. He's too amorphous. Trump's a traitor, an idiot, and a racist...but he's always those things. Cruz is whatever he thinks the crowd in front of him wants.
Trump's superpower has always been shamelessness. Cruz, despite being a fucking spineless worm, has just enough shame that he could never pull off being Trump 2.0.  Especially now. He can't give the base what they want.
"Trump's superpower has always been shamelessness.."

Damn lol....that's really the perfect way to put it..

Sidney Powell was just hit with a $1.3 BILLION DOLLAR lawsuit by Dominion. Settlement will probably be in the hundreds of millions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-el...3-n1253464
Fucking good.
I guess Trump was due for a correct prediction:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1...5497357317

Quote:Donald Trump turned out to be right that if Biden won, dangerous mobs would overrun America.
You would think that with the cracking of that last cipher Cruz might be behind bars, or at least under investigation, already.

(01-08-2021, 08:15 PM)Overlord Wrote: You would think that with the cracking of that last cipher Cruz might be behind bars, or at least under investigation, already.

I've never understood this lol (though I understand enough to know that most of it is being flippant) but...Cruz is only 50. Are there people that believe he's actually at LEAST 20 years older than he apparently is?

Wait, is Cruz supposed to be the Zodiac AND his father shot Kennedy?
https://mobile.twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel...1867501571

(01-08-2021, 08:30 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:15 PM)Overlord Wrote: You would think that with the cracking of that last cipher Cruz might be behind bars, or at least under investigation, already.

I've never understood this lol (though I understand enough to know that most of it is being flippant) but...Cruz is only 50. Are there people that believe he's actually at LEAST 20 years older than he apparently is?

(01-08-2021, 09:02 PM)schwartz Wrote: Wait, is Cruz supposed to be the Zodiac AND his father shot Kennedy?

I have known many people, and Ted Cruz is one of them.  He is only one being and not several.  He has been incubated from birth for his current role in American politics.

Ted Cruz is a human perfect phone call..

(01-12-2021, 05:32 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Ted Cruz is a human perfect phone call..

I still remember with fondness the first two planks of Ted Cruz's proposed agenda.

1.)Shut down the space program and destroy all telescopes immediately.
2.)Document the skull size of each and every U.S. resident.

(01-12-2021, 06:32 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 05:32 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Ted Cruz is a human perfect phone call..

I still remember with fondness the first two planks of Ted Cruz's proposed agenda.

Lol wut??

Taking Bradito's advice and googling this. "Hey, you with the telescope! How big is your skull??"

I'm with him on shutting down the space program. Nobody gets to go to Mars until we stop acting like assholes.
Poor Martians would just end up like the Native Americans.

We picture the future looking cool and awesome but the future is just gonna be some Karen in a Walmart on Mars telling a Martian cart pusher to go back where they came from..

(01-12-2021, 06:46 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:32 PM)Overlord Wrote:

Lol wut??

Taking Bradito's advice and googling this. "Hey, you with the telescope! How big is your skull??"

Just check out this campaign page for Ted Cruz: 

https://www.tedcruzforhumanpresident.com/

(01-12-2021, 07:08 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Poor Martians would just end up like the Native Americans.
Well, it could end up like Out of the Silent Planet and have the would-be imperialists captured, humiliated, hauled up for trial before the planetary god-angel, and then have their asses kicked back to Earth without a dime to show for it. That'd be a little gratifying.
(01-12-2021, 07:18 PM)commodorejohn Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 07:08 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Poor Martians would just end up like the Native Americans.
Well, it could end up like Out of the Silent Planet and have the would-be imperialists captured, humiliated, hauled up for trial before the planetary god-angel, and then have their asses kicked back to Earth without a dime to show for it. That'd be a little gratifying.

It would. But I have zero faith in humanity to not fuck this all up somehow. 

Aliens are probably out there watching all this thinking "if they ever successfully get off that rock, we wipe em out." And they really wouldn't be unjustified..

(01-12-2021, 07:24 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Aliens are probably out there watching all this thinking "if they ever successfully get off that rock, we wipe em out." And they really wouldn't be unjustified..

Aliens would be justified in murdering all of humanity because of [INSERT WHATEVER ATROCITIES YOU WANT HERE, IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER BECAUSE NOT ALL HUMANS PARTICIPATED IN THEM AND WE DON'T COLLECTIVELY SHARE THE GUILT OF OUR SPECIES]?

That's some horseshit nonsensical way of thinking that will do nothing except slow our ultimate subjugation of the entire galaxy beneath our benevolent rule. If aliens judge us harshly we will have to teach them of our peaceful ways, by force if necessary.

(01-12-2021, 07:08 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Poor Martians would just end up like the Native Americans.
Elizabeth Warren is going to pretend to be part Martian?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I need to cope/have fun.

A few additions (or is it seditions?) to my ACS fantasy cast, bolded:

Trump - John Travolta
Pence - Justin Theroux
Carson - Courtney B. Vance
Barr - Vincent D'Onofrio
Jared - Anders Holm
Ivanka - Emma Roberts
Junior - Darren Criss
Eric - Ben Platt
Melania - Milla Jovovich
Hillary - Sarah Paulson
Bannon - Tim Heidecker
Kellyanne - Connie Britton
Pelosi - Jessica Walter 
McConnell - James Cromwell
Graham - Toby Jones
Manafort - Christopher McDonald
Cruz - Pedro Pascal
Hawley - Edward Norton
Jordan - Michael C. Hall
Nunes - David Dastmalchian
Rick Scott - Matt Frewer
Ron Johnson - Scott Glenn
Mo Brooks - Clancy Brown
Paul - Christian Slater
Loeffler - Gwyneth Paltrow
Pompeo - Michael Chiklis
Sessions - Martin Freeman
DeVos - Joan Allen
Prince - Thomas Jane
Ross - Kurtwood Smith
Mnuchin - Kyle MacLachlan
Mueller - David Strathairn
Rudy - Billy Crystal
Kavanaugh - Matthew Modine
ACB - Lily Rabe 
Hannity - Ron Livingston
Bernie - Alan Arkin
Cohen - Eric Bogosian
DeJoy - John Carroll Lynch 
Flynn - Dylan McDermott
McMaster - Jonathan Banks
Bolton - William H. Macy
Dersh - Evan Handler (reprising his OJ performance)
Christie - Billy Gardell
Perdue - David Rasche
Stone - Bob Gunton (switched out from Michael Keaton)
Manafort - Christopher McDonald
Lewandowski - Titus Welliver
Hicks - Margaret Qualley
Spicer - Tracy Letts
Fuckabee - Gwendoline Christie
McEnany - Taissa Farmiga
Susan Collins - Linda Hunt
Nigel Farage - Ian McDiarmid
Obama - Giancarlo Esposito
Putin - Mads Mikkelsen
Assange - Simon Pegg
Fauci - Sam Waterston
with Rashida Jones as Kamala Harris
and Ted Danson as Joe Biden
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
How is Pence not Mark Rylance?