Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GODZILLA vs KONG: ONE. WILL. FALL. Pre-Release Discussion (2021)
[Image: godzilla+vs.+kong.jpg]

This clash of titans will absolutely not feature a "Mothra!" moment and/or glorified Jet Jaguar cameo.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
This is my favourite movie of all time.
Given what happens at the end of Godzilla: KOTM, I'm guessing that Kong and Godzilla will either fight MechaGhidorah or a new version of Destoroyah created from Ghidorah's head.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
"We're not all masters of our souls, Meacham...I learned that on Earth."
The main difference it won't be a shit cherry on a top of a giant shit sundae this time.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
I hope we get a smart Kong that uses and improvises tools and weapons, along with his superior agility, to make up for Gozilla's superior raw power.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
Isn't Godzilla like ten times bigger than Kong?
If he is then that poster is A LOWDOWN DIRTY LIE.
(05-31-2019, 10:35 PM)ryoken Wrote: I hope we get a smart Kong that uses and improvises tools and weapons, along with his superior agility, to make up for Gozilla's superior raw power.

The very first thing Kong should do when confronted by Godzilla is to fashion a rudimentary lathe.

(05-31-2019, 10:35 PM)ryoken Wrote: I hope we get a smart Kong that uses and improvises tools and weapons, along with his superior agility, to make up for Gozilla's superior raw power.

He did in Skull Island, so I don't see why not.
Just this guy, you know?
(05-31-2019, 10:38 PM)freeman Wrote: Isn't Godzilla like ten times bigger than Kong?

John C. Reilly said that Kong was young and "still growing" in Kong: Skull Island.
(05-31-2019, 11:01 PM)Fafhrd Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 10:38 PM)freeman Wrote: Isn't Godzilla like ten times bigger than Kong?

John C. Reilly said that Kong was young and "still growing" in Kong: Skull Island.

The official word is that Kong in Kong: Skull Island was essentially the equivalent of his species to a 14 year old human, so he had just exited childhood and starting adolescence, so he will probably catch up to Godzilla in the 50 or so years that have passed since.
You also see the remains of Kong's parents in Skull Island, and they were far bigger than him; also, the end mural in Godzilla 2 shows Godzilla fighting a member of Kong's species, and they seem pretty evenly matched in size.
So my guess is tha Kong would had tripled in size by 2020.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Also, Kong is a gorilla and gorillas are the most powerful large mammals pound for pound. I don't know where lizards are on the most powerful large mammals pound for pound list, but I can tell you they're not number one.
But it's GODZILLA. He's King of the Monsters, bruh!
That's the thing though. Kong is not a monster.
Exactly! He doesn't even qualify.

PUSSY!
(05-31-2019, 11:50 PM)Bucho Wrote: Also, Kong is a gorilla and gorillas are the most powerful large mammals pound for pound. I don't know where lizards are on the most powerful large mammals pound for pound list, but I can tell you they're not number one.

Gorillas aren't even close to being the strongest large mammal pound for pound.  The large bears and the non-cheetah big cats are FAR stronger pound for pound.  If chimps are "large" mammals, they are also stronger when factoring in bodyweight.  

Lizards aren't mammals, so they wouldn't appear on the list at all.

(06-01-2019, 03:29 AM)Overlord Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 11:50 PM)Bucho Wrote: Also, Kong is a gorilla and gorillas are the most powerful large mammals pound for pound. I don't know where lizards are on the most powerful large mammals pound for pound list, but I can tell you they're not number one.

Gorillas aren't even close to being the strongest large mammal pound for pound.  The large bears and the non-cheetah big cats are FAR stronger pound for pound.  If chimps are "large" mammals, they are also stronger when factoring in bodyweight.  

Bears and large cats are jokes compared to the power of the mountain gorilla. 

[Image: Gorilla1b2.jpg]

Absolute jokes.
(06-01-2019, 06:40 AM)Bucho Wrote:

Absolute jokes.

That's a nice bit of clip art, but it isn't accurate.

(06-01-2019, 02:18 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 06:40 AM)Bucho Wrote:

Absolute jokes.

That's a nice bit of clip art, but it isn't accurate.

https://onekindplanet.org/top-10/top-10-...t-animals/
https://www.ranker.com/list/strongest-an...nce?page=2
https://themysteriousworld.com/10-strong...the-world/
Gorillas are found sorely lacking in the balls though. Smallest in relation to body weight of the great apes. Why do you think he's yelling?
One of the newspaper articles at the end of KOTM hinted at another monster that might appear in GVK:

"Monarch was not only developing this mechanized giant on Skull Island, but had already tried to create organic Titans in the past."
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
"We're not all masters of our souls, Meacham...I learned that on Earth."
(06-01-2019, 05:40 PM)turingmachine75 Wrote: Gorillas are found sorely lacking in the balls though. Smallest in relation to body weight of the great apes. Why do you think he's yelling?

You and I both know that balls only get in the way anyway though Turing, this design feature only proves that gorillas are the most highly evolved of the great apes. 

And he's not yelling, he's yawning at the ludicrous idea that the mighty Kong would struggle to wax Godzilla.
If Kong wins, I riot!

I still think that they will have a misunderstanding then team up against another monster.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
(06-02-2019, 01:16 AM)Chaz Rock City Wrote: If Kong wins, I riot!

I still think that they will have a misunderstanding then team up against another monster.

And then they kiss.
Title comes up and morphs into Godzilla loVeS Kong.
Its 2020, people.

(06-02-2019, 01:19 AM)ryoken Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 01:16 AM)Chaz Rock City Wrote: If Kong wins, I riot!

And then they kiss.
Title comes up and morphs into Godzilla loVeS Kong.
Its 2020, people.
Theme song by John Legend.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Some people out there think the whole Oxygen Destroyer bit in King of the Monsters means we will get Destoroyah in this.
That would be cool.

Why would they team up? This isn't "Godzilla <3 Kong" it's Godzilla VS Kong.
Batman V Superman says hello, Bucho.
Git' in under mah belly!
Yeah, mark me down as being in the camp that they ultimately team up to fight a bigger threat.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(06-02-2019, 08:16 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Batman V Superman says hello, Bucho.

Bucho pretends he didn't hear a thing and quickens his pace.
(06-02-2019, 08:24 AM)Bucho Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 08:16 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Batman V Superman says hello, Bucho.

Bucho pretends he didn't hear a thing and quickens his pace.

*plugs ears*

"GODZILALALALALALALA!"
Git' in under mah belly!
You guys are acting like this is a "Batman vs. Superman" thing, but it's been a trope in Godzilla movies that "Godzilla fights XYZ, then he teams up with XYZ to fight an even more evil monster!" for a long time.

Hell, in Ghidorah's very first appearance (in probably my favorite of the classic Godzilla sequels) that's EXACTLY what happens. Godzilla fights Rodan and Mothra, then Mothra convinces Rodan and Godzilla -- in one of the most delightfully bizarre sequences in movie history -- to team up with him to fight Ghidorah.

I just don't see how two characters who have a "vs" between them in a movie title would ever team up in that movie. How would that even make any sense?
....because a bigger, even worse threat to both of them (and the whole world) shows up?

And yes, Overlord, of course there's precedence from the actual Godzilla movies. BvS is just the most recent titular fight that ended up being something else to reference.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
But look at the title though. Godzilla VS Kong.