Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
André Vellozo
Sad 
Word has spread from facebook to the discord that sadly Andre Vellozo, one of the most open and nicest of us, has passed away.

https://odia.ig.com.br/rio-de-janeiro/20...-show.html

I can remember being excited when he came back and was posting in the MCU threads.  

He will be missed.

Incredibly sad. Always a welcome presence on the boards.
Aw shit. He was always a pleasure to have around.
RIP Andre.
I'm stunned and sad. He seemed like a really decent guy.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
That's terrible. Very sorry to hear.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
He was the son of a singer. Was that common knowledge? There's tons of articles about it. I don't think we've ever had anything quite like this here. Certainly not since I've been posting. That's just so so awful..
I had no idea about his parentage.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
It makes me particularly sad remembering the circumstances of his leaving here when it seemed like he left for good. Everybody should think about that anytime they decide to be needlessly cruel or overly insensitive to people. Even virtual strangers.

Also, when I said there's lots of articles, I meant regarding his passing. That's where I found out about his father. I can't speak Spanish that much but I can read it well enough to get from the article what I needed..
I accepted his friend request on Facebook because he was mutual friends with a bunch of people I knew, but I never really followed or interacted with him that much. Would just see the occasional post on my feed and he seemed like a happy dude just living his life. Sad news.
Just this guy, you know?
Any news on how he passed?
The article says details weren't released. I'm fearing what the cause was.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

The article I read said it was undisclosed. I don't have Facebook so I have no idea if anyone there might share more..
Ahh poor fella. I remember ribbing him for always appearing shirtless in his photos.
Stale, I think he was good natured enough that he didn't take something like THAT badly. Don't think that way..
Damn, that’s very sad news. I genuinely liked the man on these boards.
Nah I don’t Fraid. It was all good natured and we were just having a laugh.

I think I remember he was having a hard time with a girl he’d met a few years back. Back when we were CHUD.
I remember that, too. Memory seems to indicate he posted a few times in the Depression thread but I could be wholly wrong about that.

Ohh man he seemed like a genuine nice guy. Fucking sad.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Damn it, this is horrid news. He was a very, very sweet and earnest guy. I enjoyed my interactions with him over the years. Shit.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

No way. Wow. He was a great guy. RIP Andre.
He was saved by these boards at least once. Sad stuff.
(09-16-2019, 09:58 AM)Nick Nunziata Wrote: He was saved by these boards at least once. Sad stuff.

Oh no...this was self inflicted?
I'm going to guess it was. He was on a seesaw for a decade on here.
His posts always made me smile - I don't remember him too well, but I remember him being a very generous spirit.
home taping is killing music
(09-16-2019, 10:17 AM)Nick Nunziata Wrote: I'm going to guess it was. He was on a seesaw for a decade on here.

My hesitant assumption as well. He shared struggles with being tempted with self harm and substance abuse.

Regardless, a terrible thing to happen.

Damn. He was a good guy. Condolences to his family.
He always had good posts, seemed like a good guy, and his photos made it at least seem like he was having a good time, which may have been a tell. Made me want to go to Brazil someday. RIP CHUD brother.
He came across as a basically good natured and sincere guy who was working through some internal stuff. Can't speak to what he was specifically going through or what happened, but given how he'd reached out to people here in the past during his more troubled times it would be a shame to think that for whatever reason he didn't do so this time. I'll be raising a drink to his memory.
I think it goes without saying that we'd have tried our best to help him if we could have, if he'd come here. If that's even what happened. This place has accomplished great things before (looking at you MichaelM). Never underestimate the power of your words and actions folks..
Terrible news. RIP Andre.
(09-16-2019, 07:47 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: I can't speak Spanish that much but I can read it well enough to get from the article what I needed..

The article is in Portuguese (Brazilian). Google Translate does a very impressive job with it.

Still not a whole lot of info, but... 36? Damn, that's far too young.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Awful to hear this. Andre always seemed like a nice guy. Given how long we've been a community, we're going to lose some people along the way, but you never want it to be for what this seems to be. I want all the rest of you along for the ride for a long time to come.
The Chewers who we've lost (that I know of) are Andre and Howard Barr (HBarr). Am I missing anyone?
(09-16-2019, 11:13 AM)hammerhead Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 07:47 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: I can't speak Spanish that much but I can read it well enough to get from the article what I needed..

The article is in Portuguese (Brazilian). Google Translate does a very impressive job with it.

Still not a whole lot of info, but... 36? Damn, that's far too young.

Oh. Damn. Well....that shows how much the languages share since I was still able to figure out what it was saying. Roughly..