Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masterpiece G1 Transformers
Oh right, Sharkticon works too. And it fits the G1 theme better, silly me.

The Titans Return Sharkticon Gnaw figure is pretty good. They recently redid the figure as part of the Earthrse - Quintesson Pit of Judgement pack. Guilty or innocent?
Git' in under mah belly!
https://kotaku.com/hasbro-unveils-700-se...1846650442

I’ll wait for the OSKO.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
I had a couple of chances to get MP Arcee this Saturday at my local toyshop's first swap meet of the year. I ultimately decided not to because her proportions are off and I just can't get with it, specifically her chestial region. Saggy robo granny tiddy. And at 140+ dollars for such a small figure, no thanks.

I chose to get the mainline Earthrise Arcee instead. It still looks like the character well enough, is better chestially proportioned, and was only 20 bucks.

Yeah that Robosen Optimus looks pretty sweet, but hooooooooo boy 700 dollars. That's even more than HasLab Unicron, and that was already irresponsibly expensive at $575.
Git' in under mah belly!
Picked up Megatron kingdom from Target this weekend. Really impressive especially for the price.
(06-29-2021, 12:13 AM)serpico jones Wrote: Picked up Megatron kingdom from Target this weekend. Really impressive especially for the price.

Nice! Finding any Transformers outside of the Buzzworthy line here is impossible around here. I was able to pick up my first Transformer since the 80s (Siege Soundwave!) for $32 at a tiny comic/card convention. I don’t know if it’s my ripe old age, but those instructions are a pain in the ass.
"How are these songs on the same playlist? One makes me want to go snuggle and the other makes me want to go to a club and fuck a stranger."  -Darling wife
4/5ths of the way through TFC’s Terrorcon set, the TFC Seacons are on the way, and a pair of Gigapower Dinobots are eminent (assuming Slag didn’t get lost as he’s been shipping for almost two months, fingers crossed).
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
(07-03-2021, 04:10 PM)jeremy jochman Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 12:13 AM)serpico jones Wrote: Picked up Megatron kingdom from Target this weekend. Really impressive especially for the price.

Nice! Finding any Transformers outside of the Buzzworthy line here is impossible around here. I was able to pick up my first Transformer since the 80s (Siege Soundwave!) for $32 at a tiny comic/card convention. I don’t know if it’s my ripe old age, but those instructions are a pain in the ass.

Hmmph! A real man's man Transformers fan doesn't need instructions, he just figures it out.

I mainly use the packaging art and photos as a basic visual guide for what goes where. I only use the instructions as a last resort, but mainline Transformer figs aren't usually too complicated. The Masterpiece ones though, yeah...
Git' in under mah belly!
I’m pretty sure I just figured it out back in the day. Having not even held one since G1 was new, I’m amazed at the articulation and hidden panels with this new stuff.
"How are these songs on the same playlist? One makes me want to go snuggle and the other makes me want to go to a club and fuck a stranger."  -Darling wife
Modern Transformers toys are marvels of engineering, especially unofficial 3rd party offerings. A few companies make Masterpiece style figs of select Bayformers characters, and the way some of them basically turn inside out to achieve total screen accurate conversion is truly some black magic. Made with generous diecast metal components and hand cutting sharp edges to boot.

Sliced my finger open pretty good converting Unique Toys' Peru Kill, a.k.a. Age of Extinction Lockdown.
Git' in under mah belly!