Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEAT casting draft - Sign Up and Discussion
Standard rules apply. 3 picks a day. Sign up below. Tentatively scheduled to start on either the 13th or 20th, depending on people's preferences. Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

You are casting: 

1 Vincent Hanna 
2 Neil McCauley
3 Chris Shiherlis
4 Nate
5 Michael Cheritto
6 Justine
7 Eady
8 Charlene Shiherlis
9 Sgt. Drucker
10 Det. Casals
11 Det. Bosko
12 Donald Breedan
13 Waingro
14 Trejo
15 Roger Van Zant

Participants:

1 Bailey
2 Fat Elvis
3 Judas
4 huntertarantino
5 JMurdoch
6 Arjen Rudd
7 Molt
8 Atom
9 boristhecheese
10 axel
11 Pither
12 Dent
13 hifidog
14 jhp
15 Boone
Well, you know, for me - the drafting is the juice.

I'm in.
I hope one of those is the Tone-Loc character - essential!

So, is this a modern recasting?

And yeah I won't leave you guys like Trejo at the phone booth - all the way in til the end.

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

I’VE GOT A GREAT DRAFT.

In.
The draft is worth the risk. I need it, brother. We should stay and cast it down.

And you can lounge around here on my sofa, but you DO NOT get to draft my FUCKING FIRST CHOICES!

Oh my god I can't wait for this.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
This is a great draft, and my head is all the way up it!

In.
Sure, let's do it.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
You see me doing thrill-seeker twitter casting drafts with a "Born to Unfollow" tattoo on my chest?

I'm in.
Getting the right Hanna and McCauley is already giving me a headache. Everyone can probably get a pic that would work on it's own, but getting two with the right history and weight of De Niro and Pacino is going to be hard. I mean, I guess you can just cast two actors that have no connection, but that's not really playing the game right.
I've never done one of these before but I would love to get in on this if you need anymore.

Also, you have a total of 16 to cast, not 15. You have Breedan & Waingro both at #12.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
I gotta hold on to my draft. I preserve it because I need it. It keeps me sharp, on the edge, where I gotta be.

In.
Can't think of a suitable quote, as I'm in bad need of a rewatch on this one, but I'm in.
Y'know what? Hell yeah, let's do it.
(04-08-2020, 11:22 PM)boristhecheese Wrote: I've never done one of these before but I would love to get in on this if you need anymore.

Also, you have a total of 16 to cast, not 15. You have Breedan & Waingro both at #12.
Glad to have you and thank you! Bye bye Kelso!
Aw. I suck at these things, but I'm highly interested in what you all come up with!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

You can join even if you suck Neil.
(04-08-2020, 02:17 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Standard rules apply. 3 picks a day. Sign up below. Tentatively scheduled to start on either the 13th or 20th, depending on people's preferences. 

[Image: c2BtXXT.gif?noredirect]
[Image: giphy.gif]
I’m in!
"I'm not a smart man" -F. Gump
I'm in. I don't know how to do anything else. I don't much want to either.

Thirteenth is tight. 21st would be better. But no job ever went wrong because it was rushed...right? Happy to go along with the majority.
I'd love to get in on this if there's still time.
home taping is killing music
Id be ready for the 13th.
Good to see you, Boone.
jhp! Welcome back! And there's always room for Boone.

I'll have times up tonight.
Holy shit, that's right! Jhp has been gone almost a year! Good to see you back!
It has been a while, chaps, but the 'rona and a Heat draft seemed like the right time for a visit.
I rewatched it last night. It's really just incredible. Makes me long for the careers Kilmer and Sizemore could have had. When the Moby tracks starts swelling at the end? Almost tears!

And I love Xander Berkeley as Ralph, haha. Poor guy had no idea what he was stepping into.
It really is the second-most rewatchable movie of the 90's for me. (#1 should be obvious to everyone but, perhaps, MichaelM.)

And, yeah, the ending always gets me.  Sad... even kinda spiritual (in an existential sorta way.)  Despite the fact that he's apparently something of a tool, the use of Moby's music is perfect.  It's like everything Mann tries to go for when he makes these kinds of movies distilled down to its perfect essence.

ETA- Also, I know it's been something of a talking point here over the years; the wrong guy did not die.  Absolutely not.  Maybe if the movie was trying to upend expectations, in an "existence is random and unpredictable" kind of way- they could have had McCauley take out Hanna.  But this was absolutely the correct ending. The thing that tied up the themes in a nice little bow.  And what's wrong with that? Part of the appeal of stories like this is that the rules get set, the wheels go into motion, and we get to see the themes taken to their full fruition.
The whole movie is leading to McCauley's death. It very clearly sets up his rules and he breaks every one. I can't see how anyone could think different.
Day 1 may need an edit to the order. Im currently listed with four drafting times (11:00,11:40,1:20,2:00)
Ugh, thank you. Fixed.
I’m in the first ‘Pick Two’ group, which means I can match my McCauley and Hanna. It also means I’m going after like a dozen people. We’ll see how this plays out.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
This many drafters with an absolute buttload of characters. This one's gonna be difficult.
(04-12-2020, 05:45 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: I’m in the first ‘Pick Two’ group, which means I can match my McCauley and Hanna. It also means I’m going after like a dozen people. We’ll see how this plays out.

Same. Tomorrow morning's gonna be a shitshow.
My area is getting hit with a perfect storm at 4 in the morning. It's gonna be pretty scary.

If I miss my slot, either I got sucked into a Twister, or I'm crashing out of exhaustion.

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"