Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUDDY COP Draft (Character Version) - Sign Up and Discussion
Alas, poor Scully.
"Lets pour some sugar on Dallas!!  Seriose inquarys only!"
(05-19-2020, 03:21 PM)ratty Wrote: Alas, poor Scully.

Don't worry, he's in the sequel!

[Image: 4a955b74-7ef4-49f5-aecd-d2d51343b556_800_420.png]
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
Love Frank White as the villain although in this case, I'm rooting for the bad guys to win.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
"We're not all masters of our souls, Meacham...I learned that on Earth."
Jack Horner, in roughly the same role, is the first one somebody grabbed off my short list. Nuts!
home taping is killing music
(05-19-2020, 03:50 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Jack Horner, in roughly the same role, is the first one somebody grabbed off my short list. Nuts!

[Image: 200.gif]
Ah nuts I had Sen. McComb all set to take tomorrow. Ron Silver was such a perfect scumbag.
Silver was great as McComb. Another actor who didn't phone it in when they could have done so.
Dirk Blocker/Hitchcock is an awesome pick.
(05-19-2020, 03:38 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: Love Frank White as the villain although in this case, I'm rooting for the bad guys to win.

It's an inversion. I wanted to go for a villain that does bad stuff, and you might want to die, but he/she is most eminently watchable above all. For me, White is a terrible person, but I don't want him to die, even though he has to.

There was a more forum-friendly bad guy I wanted to go with, but White's polish and dead-inside caring was what I needed.

Seconding MACOAMMMMMMMMMM getting chosen. Silver is one of the great unsung scumbags.

He has another role that's deep in the crevices that I'll probably laugh myself to death if said person gets drafted. Only thing I'll say: he's a real life person who you would totally want to rig with 500 squibs on repeat for a week.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Hunter, I'll love you forever if you cast CSI Miami David Caruso as "Cop Who's There To Die".
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
2 picks I had in a different concept: Nic's BAD LIEUTENANT (you don't how much it pained me not to go there) and Frank White as the villain. Let's just say I was going to lean very Abel Ferrara.

Nice grabs both of you guys.

It's actually fun to see the Cage play in someone else's sand box. Though, somewhere, he must've felt a disturbance in the Force when I didn't go for him Day 1.

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

I really dig the direction your list is going in, Pither.
Nice start to the day.

Chosen is up through the end of day 2.
Was Capone on your radar, boone? Or I guess your thing is more post- WW II.

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

Capone would have been dead at least a few years by the time mine is set (49-51, exact date TBD). I'm planning on doing the "historical figures as characters" thing, but mostly in supporting roles, I think, and I haven't yet figured out what.
Loving the Paddy Considine pick. Very fun for the PITA.

Ah...Xenia.  Her glee when she says 'he's going to derail us' is so, so alluring.
[Image: dc53c54a1b48320a38e93cab74012e14f53d8483.gif]
Onatopp is a blast. The sheer joy Famke projects while being a psychopath is a huge reason GOLDENEYE is so much fun.
fun pick with Gator. Haven't seen either of those Gator films in a while...I should give 'em a rewatch.

So here's my movie so far...

Nick Conklin is a New York cop working with his partner (AAAAAAA). Together, they take down villain (BBBBBB) while performing a computer heist. It turns out that (BBBBB) is also wanted for crimes in Hong Kong, so a deal is arranged using Conklin's twin brother, Nick Curran (of the L.A. Police Department) to bring (BBBBB) back to Hong Kong. Unbeknownst to Conklin, his brother Curran is working with Hans Gruber, who is currently planning a big heist at the Nakatomi building on Hong Kong island. Gruber needs someone with (BBBBB)'s skills, so he (with Curran) arranges to have (BBBBB) taken from Conklin at the Hong Kong airport. Conklin and (AAAAA) are pissed and refuse to leave the country. They demand to help, so they get paired up with Hong Kong officer Tequila to try and track down (BBBBB) because Tequila 'does speak fucking English'.

More to come. I'm essentially trying to keep each character as close to their original implementation as possible, weaving a new story with their established plot elements (characteristics, fates, etc).
RIP Richard Chance Sad
(05-20-2020, 01:40 PM)atomtastic Wrote: RIP Richard Chance Sad

In case you didn't guess, he's Conklin's partner in my film.
I'm worried me and Boone are going in similar directions after his Harry Angel pick.
Those are some wild picks, Atom.
(05-20-2020, 01:48 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Those are some wild picks, Atom.
It's gonna be a good draft! Kinderman and Somerset on the trail of a piece of film that could release Satan himself!

And goddamn is Joe Don Baker good in Charley Varrick.
(05-20-2020, 01:43 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:

So cruel, Judas. You had to go karma-accurate on Conklin, didn't you?

Gator is a cool deep cut. Friend of mine forced me to watch Gator a couple months ago.

What's your thoughts on that, Elvis? Kind of awful except for one Burt ally who goes above and beyond his capabilities. I wanted to rewatch White Lightning but got veteoed. That has a bad guy I was all set to screen grab for my henchman before I got another idea.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
White Lighting is the real deal. Gator is a very silly vanity project for Burt, but WL is just a no nonsense, down and dirty southern action film. One of the best.
Question to help me choose my next pick today: if I draft a "boss" of the cops and he/she is not police but federal agent, can they still be a cop in what we're envisioning?

During Gator, I kept doing an impression of Norm as Burt getting frustrated with his directing job and constantly asking Hal Needham to go cover for him. It's as incompetent as Sandler's Grown Ups period.
(05-20-2020, 01:53 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Question to help me choose my next pick today: if I draft a "boss" of the cops and he/she is not police but federal agent, can they still be a cop in what we're envisioning?

That's fine.  Again, it's within the spirit of things.
Joe Don Baker is incredible in VARRICK. Great mix of sadistic and hilarious.
(05-20-2020, 01:56 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 01:53 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Question to help me choose my next pick today: if I draft a "boss" of the cops and he/she is not police but federal agent, can they still be a cop in what we're envisioning?

That's fine.  Again, it's within the spirit of things.

Gives me time to consider some options.
(05-20-2020, 01:58 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Joe Don Baker is incredible in VARRICK. Great mix of sadistic and hilarious.

He's the best part of the movie, in my opinion.  So odd to see him svelte, though.

edited to add: Arjen, I owe you rep for Sean Penn there.
(05-20-2020, 01:44 PM)atomtastic Wrote: I'm worried me and Boone are going in similar directions after his Harry Angel pick.

(05-20-2020, 01:50 PM)atomtastic Wrote: It's gonna be a good draft! Kinderman and Somerset on the trail of a piece of film that could release Satan himself!

You weren't wrong...but you were somewhat wrong. I may have to do my villain reveal today.
I've been meaning to check out VARRICK. Joe Don Baker was legitimately intimidating in the one trailer I saw.

I'm planning lots of T&A on my list. And by that I mean Thrills and Action, of course.

Terror in Beverly Hills is pretty bad but it's worth watching for Cameron Mitchell's amazing performance as the captain. I'm pretty sure he was drinking heavily on set.

Nice pick with Skuggs, Simbob.
(05-20-2020, 02:13 PM)boone daniels Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 01:44 PM)atomtastic Wrote: I'm worried me and Boone are going in similar directions after his Harry Angel pick.

(05-20-2020, 01:50 PM)atomtastic Wrote: It's gonna be a good draft! Kinderman and Somerset on the trail of a piece of film that could release Satan himself!

You weren't wrong...but you were somewhat wrong. I may have to do my villain reveal today.
I am eager to see.
(05-20-2020, 01:50 PM)huntertarantino Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 01:43 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:

So cruel, Judas. You had to go karma-accurate on Conklin, didn't you?

I'm trying to stay (more or less) karma-accurate for everyone.  Smile
Anyone who hasn't seen Charley Varrick should fix that.

That and Dirty Harry back to back is a juggernaut for Siegel.