Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord?
Two of them are underrated. One of them is below average
I use both and concur that the boards are different from the discord. Basically, Discord is where I can quickly post shit that I see on the interwebs. The forums are for more longform discussion and criticism.

I'd be sad as fuck if this place got shut down.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
I found the Discord useful as a voice chat app for multiplayer online gaming when I was active in that hobby, but unnavigable as a chat interface.
I tried giving Discord another shot on Tuesday. I do miss a lot of the folks that no longer post here but seem to frequent Discord instead, so it was nice to see them...

But it's not for me. I've never liked chatrooms to begin with. If the forums were to be nuked forever I don't think I would try migrating there. Glad everyone else is enjoying it though.
From my vantage point, the Discord setup is not a substitute for the boards. I don't love the "live conversation" aspect of Discord. I'm somebody who puts a lot of time and thought into what I write when I post here, and Discord is not conducive to such a measured pace.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Discord is....fine? But I'm really more in line with Belloq.

Also, every single time I jump into the nuChud Discord, regardless of channel/room, the convo magically goes silent.

Which gets a bit discouraging after repeated tries.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(11-09-2020, 08:02 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: I'm somebody who puts a lot of time and thought into what I write when I post here ...

We are so different you and I ...
Now you're getting NASTY.
I don't get it.
BTW, checked in last night and....yep. A good number of people online, but not one of the chats I looked into were active.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(11-12-2020, 03:32 PM)MichaelM Wrote: BTW, checked in last night and....yep. A good number of people online, but not one of the chats I looked into were active.

Threads will go dormant and then suddenly have 300 posts.  No big deal.

Honestly, I'm not really all that active here or on Discord.  I'm just too frickin' busy right now with work (I'm on two projects) and my physical therapy from shoulder surgery.  Of late, both venues are more about keeping in touch with friends vs keeping up with politics or movies.
I agree that the NSFW content in the CHUD multiverse needs to see a significant uptick.

I inadvertently logged myself out of Discord a few minutes ago. Can't remember my password but the site also isn't allowing me to request a password reset. It just puts me in this endless loop of request, "I am not a robot" and then back to the login page. It won't even send me a SMS to my phone with reset links or info.

Any suggestions on how to get back in without inventing a new account?
That’s incredibly frustrating.

Unfortunately, I can’t think of a way around it if the platform won’t send you anything to reset your password
Well, I started a new profile. Blah.
How do I get back into the Trouble City and/or B-Action Movie discussion?
I'll send you an invitation link via PM
Thanks, much appreciated! Will hit it up when I get back home.
(01-12-2021, 04:14 PM)engineer Wrote: Thanks, much appreciated!  Will hit it up when I get back home.

[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-12-2021, 02:32 PM)engineer Wrote: I inadvertently logged myself out of Discord a few minutes ago. Can't remember my password but the site also isn't allowing me to request a password reset. It just puts me in this endless loop of request, "I am not a robot" and then back to the login page. It won't even send me a SMS to my phone with reset links or info.

Any suggestions on how to get back in without inventing a new account?
Perhaps you are a robot though. Have you thought of that?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
If so, I need to have some words with my programmers. They clearly skimped on the overtime.
Any chance of a discord link for me as well
Hey folks - can someone DM me a discord link?
Sure. Just a sec
Whoops no worries. It’s let me back in.
ALL MY EFFORTS!!!
Appreciated. Thanks Nooj.
What would you do without this place?
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen