Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden our time until 2022 and 2024: Suffering Without End Reloaded???
Seems like a really dumb move, when he's currently the belle of the ball.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Manchin will probably walk away from all this with some level of dignity.

Sinema?  Not so much.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/21/us/po...&smtyp=cur

Quote:WASHINGTON — Five veterans tapped to advise Senator Kyrsten Sinema, an Arizona Democrat, resigned from their posts on Thursday, publicly accusing her of “hanging your constituents out to dry” in the latest sign of growing hostility toward a centrist who has emerged as a key holdout on President Biden’s agenda.
In a scathing letter obtained by The New York Times, the veterans took Ms. Sinema to task for her refusal to abolish the filibuster and her opposition to parts of Mr. Biden’s multitrillion-dollar social safety net, education, climate and tax plan, stances that have stymied some of his top priorities.
“You have become one of the principal obstacles to progress, answering to big donors rather than your own people,” the veterans wrote in a letter that is to be featured in a new advertisement by Common Defense, a progressive veterans’ activist group that has targeted Ms. Sinema.
“We shouldn’t have to buy representation from you, and your failure to stand by your people and see their urgent needs is alarming,” they added.
Manchin sucks, but Sinema's whole fucking thing was based on repping progressive idea and was coming with "the gay rep."  So she looks particularly terrible.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Kyrsten Sinema is the nerd who finally made it to the mean girls' table, and in the process morphed into the absolute worst version of herself. In 2018, Sinema reported her net worth at $32,500. In 2021, her net worth is now $1,000,000. She's been seduced by the money and the high life (all-expenses-paid fundraising trips to Paris) that the 1% and pharmaceutical companies are showering her with. As Maureen Dowd put it, she's the star in her own movie right now. She has no conscience, good reputation to protect, or likely shot at reelection -- she's just another narcissistic sociopath helping to destroy our democracy. She is officially corrupted, and probably has her free ticket to Mars all lined up for when the heads start rolling down here on Earth.

Maybe we should all sign up for her fundraising class she's teaching this fall at AZ State? We could pick up some pointers, and maybe find a way to buy a new yacht?
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Part of me wants to become a Congressman or Senator or some elected official who needs high-dollar donations from unscrupulous people. Then, once I got elected, I'd tank my reelection chances by reversing my position on literally everything those wealthy fuckers sent me to Washington to fight for on their behalf. Sorry, Big Energy! Sorry, Big Tech! Sorry, Big Oil! You can sit and spin. I played you dupes for the fools you are, and now I'm a-gonna vote to raise your taxes, you shit-eating rat bastards!

Sir, this is a Wendy's.
One correction on Sinema: When the shit hits the fan, she'll find that her ticket to Mars is actually a Monopoly Card. No way the actual rich will want anything to do with her once her usefulness ends.

On the bright side, she'll likely be destitute a few years after she loses re-election. She loves spending money, but is too dim a bulb to have given herself a viable strategy going forward.
(Yesterday, 04:37 PM)farsight Wrote: One correction on Sinema: When the shit hits the fan, she'll find that her ticket to Mars is actually a Monopoly Card. No way the actual rich will want anything to do with her once her usefulness ends.

On the bright side, she'll likely be destitute a few years after she loses re-election. She loves spending money, but is too dim a bulb to have given herself a viable strategy going forward.

I hope so. Maybe she should be reminded that "oh yeah, Republican men aren't so keen on the gays".because god she really is stupid. She got greedy pure and simple. And the worst part is is that she still probably receives donations from all those LBGTQ groups, never mind that she's actively doing all she can to stop progress.

If you look up the definition of "white feminist" it'll likely just be a picture of Sinema in one of her wigs telling a poor person to fuck off.  God, she sucks.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
She definitely needs to stop spending so much dark SuperPAC donation money on Harley Quinn-cosplay gear and maybe start saving up for the rainy days ahead when she finally gets her turncoat ass primaried out of her job.

...Or maybe she could actually start acting like a fucking U.S. Senator for a change.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

I hope that people keep following her into the shitter. Maybe take a heavy dump in the stall next to hers.
[Image: kAtITyj.jpg]

https://twitter.com/AlbertLEtranger/stat...5905424387

Also...this:

https://twitter.com/ZacTomas/status/1443974932208263194

Manchin threatening zero spending.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/5779...rs-reports
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
Well, I'd suggest that history won't remember him fondly but history won't be taught in the future, so fuck him and the horse he rode in on now.
(Yesterday, 07:46 PM)Paul755 Wrote: Manchin threatening zero spending.

I was about to ask what Manchin thinks the party will run on then next year but he clearly doesn't care. He's rich and will continue to enrich himself so what does it matter which party is in charge
"You want a vision of the future?Imagine a boot stomping on a human face.....forever."
I don’t think Manchin is up until ‘24. He’s probably like Sinema and has no intention to run again.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
This should make it very easy for other Dems to run in '22.

"You want all this stuff? Give us two more seats, and it's a done deal."

Sadly, even with a platform that would help 98% of people running against a party whose platform is, "Hey, how about we give Stupid Hitler a 3rd crack at things?", they'll probably still lose seats.
(Yesterday, 10:29 PM)Paul755 Wrote: I don’t think Manchin is up until ‘24. He’s probably like Sinema and has no intention to run again.

I think he does intend to run again, but it's not like he's in a national race.  He's in coal mining country, with a constituency of Republicans.  Being the guy who killed the Democrats' only shot at clean energy mandates may not help his popularity on this message board, but it certainly doesn't hurt his actual chances of reelection.
Manchin has voted with Biden's agenda 100% of the time (of course, they don't bother with a vote if he's a no).

The other senator from WV voted with Biden 65% of the time. Mitch McConnell voted with Biden 63% of the time.

Manchin's really not the problem. WV could have 100 elections and never produce another guy who votes with Dems as much as Manchin does.

Sinema turning out to exactly the worst steroetype of politicians, and Maine doing a full heel turn and punting Democracy in favor of charisma vacuum Susan Collins are what's keeping us from having nice things. That and the other 49 races where sadist voters won.

If they won...

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-m...ived-in-it

Of note: ES&S, a company with a history of erroneous results (including losing 150,000 votes in one 2018 GA race), was notably -not- the company accused of wrongdoing by Trump when he lost. It was also the company responsible for ballot counting in Kentucky, South Carolina, Maine, Texas, Iowa and Florida, all places where "the polls missed" by a significant margin, and Republicans had markedly better outcomes than anywhere else.

(Biden won Maine by 9%, and Collins won by 9%... that's a -massive- split, and no other senator was even close)
(Yesterday, 09:46 PM)bigbrother Wrote:
(Yesterday, 07:46 PM)Paul755 Wrote: Manchin threatening zero spending.

I was about to ask what Manchin thinks the party will run on then next year but he clearly doesn't care. He's rich and will continue to enrich himself so what does it matter which party is in charge

He'll just ditch the party and tsk-tsk-tsk about how they're building an "entitlement society".
(Today, 02:23 AM)farsight Wrote: Manchin has voted with Biden's agenda 100% of the time (of course, they don't bother with a vote if he's a no).

This isn't really a helpful statistic then, is it?

Schwartz is right - Manchin IS actually doing what he thinks is in the best (short term) interests of West Virginia. I think he's clearly bluffing on the 'zero spending' thing - he wants the bipartisan infrastructure bill bad. He just likes to do his Most Important Senator In Congress thing from time to time.

Quote:BIF has an immense amount of pork for West Virginia mining, electricity, and logging interests. Huge amounts of money to coal companies under the guise of clean coal nonsense, and straight up paying companies to cut down trees in national forests.

https://twitter.com/MaxKennerly/status/1...2716342277
(3 hours ago)fuzzy dunlop Wrote:
(Today, 02:23 AM)farsight Wrote: Manchin has voted with Biden's agenda 100% of the time (of course, they don't bother with a vote if he's a no).

Schwartz is right - Manchin IS actually doing what he thinks is in the best (short term) interests of West Virginia.  I think he's clearly bluffing on the 'zero spending' thing - he wants the bipartisan infrastructure bill bad.  He just likes to do his Most Important Senator In Congress thing from time to time.    

The point about WV's short term interests is true, but I was talking more about how obstructionism affects Manchin's re-election chances specifically.  The implication was that being the man who kills the BBB agenda would blow his shot at retaining his seat, and I just don't think that's true.  His obstruction may be making him more of a villain nationally and within progressive circles, but in the state where he actually has to run (and unlike most other Dems, including Sinema), all of the threats are from the right.  And given that he's probably got more to fear from being struck by a meteor than any credible challenge from his left, being labeled the most useless Democrat in the country who personally blocked Biden's agenda is something he could campaign on as an actual strength.

Which sucks, of course.  But I think it's important to understand the actual incentives of these politicians - and not, as I think progressives are sometimes wont to do, what we imagine or think those incentives should be - in order to figure out what to do about them.
(3 hours ago)fuzzy dunlop Wrote:

That's why included the stats for the other senator from WV.

Easily 1/3rd of the legislature that has made it through the Senate (including COVID relief) would have died if anyone else were from WV were in Manchin's seat. 

Him holding that seat -is- a positive, even if it's much less of one than we would like.

Sinema on the other hand, turned out to be only marginally better than Susan Collins, and the Dems -lost- in that race!