Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The PS5 Thread
[Image: 4of9p9v6m3z51.gif]

Dr. Manhattan dresses up as Spider-Man in Miles Morales? Spoilers dude!
Git' in under mah belly!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-just-near...14123.html

Grrrr ... fucking scalpers.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www...nMY0ScpNrw\

3500 consoles at a $600.00 mark-up?

Uhh ... that's huge fucking business for basically running a bot network and having a warehouse somewhere.

The silver lining is there's not a great reason to own one of these until the middle of next year
The graphically upgraded versions of Demon's Souls, Witcher 3, Ghost of Gesundheit, and Cyberpunk are actually bigger selling points for me than the original titles at the moment (only Spidey: Morales holds any interest).

I was lucky enough to get one from Target during the first wave of preorders. I've been enjoying Valhalla and NBA2k21 so much that I haven't even touched SpiderMiles yet. And with the PS5 version of FIFA dropping in 3 days and Cyberpunk next week, I won't need anything else for the next 6 months.

The PS5 is worth MSRP, but I wouldn't go paying a scalper for one. I love mine, but waiting isn't the worst thing.

What's coming out in the middle of next year?

Remember how the PS4 and Xbox One came out in 2013, but you still had stuff like Metal Gear Solid V coming out on the 360 and PS3 in 2015? Well, I can see that tail end part of the PS4's lifespan going even longer given how much more massively big it was than either of those console; especially with both the new consoles being able to play disc for the previous generation. I wouldn't really be all that surprising if the PS4 was still getting titles in like 2024 or 2025. Most big titles still seem to be coming to the previous generation, and I can see a lot of smaller Japanese developers just staying with the previous gen (which can still be played on the new current gen) for cost reasons. Elden Ring, whenever the fuck that's coming out, still seems to be getting a PS4 and Xbox One release. Street Fighter 6, which hasn't even been announced yet, seems to be planned as a cross gen title for 2022. It sounds like Resident Evil Village isn't dead yet as cross-gen. Unless Sony or Microsoft throw some money around to get whatever on their new system for some set amount of time I wouldn't be surprised by a lot of games being crossgen for longer than usual...like PS2 length, especially with Switch being a thing.

Outside of a graphical upgrade (or the Gamespass in the case of the new Xbox) there probably won't be much of a reason to get a new consoles for a few years; which was true with the previous generation too, but that was more a lack of games.
Yeah I was just ballparking the release dates of upcoming PS5 exclusives, particularly the new Horizon and Gran Turismo. It might even be closer to next fall than summer.

I made the jump to PC last year and it'll be a while before I look at the console market again. If I have a $500 budget for gaming hardware, it's going to one of those 3k series NVIDIA cards.
(12-02-2020, 01:17 PM)Amos Wrote: Yeah I was just ballparking the release dates of upcoming PS5 exclusives, particularly the new Horizon and Gran Turismo. It might even be closer to next fall than summer.

I made the jump to PC last year and it'll be a while before I look at the console market again. If I have a $500 budget for gaming hardware, it's going to one of those 3k series NVIDIA cards.

I have been debating upgrading from the 5700 XT to the 3070, but the insane gpu markups have put that on hold indefinitely.

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-miles...qus_thread

*popcorn eating gif*

Somehow I have a feeling it might have sold more copies if anyone other than scalpers had been able to buy ps5s. I know that I have no interest in playing it on a last gen system. I will wait till I can buy a PS5.

that's basically my plan

that article definitely has a bias in the way it describes certain topics hahahahah
Just a tad bit biased!!

They're pinning a 70% drop in sales on a black spiderman?

Okay then
Cosmicbook News is a ComicsGate site maybe half a step removed from alt-right comics site Bleeding Fool (not to be confused with Bleeding Cool), so it's hardly surprising.