Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chloe Zhao's DRACULA (Universal Monsters)
Is the Transylvanian Sex Worker a redhead?

Asking for a friend.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(02-05-2021, 12:12 AM)arjen rudd Wrote: I think Dracula is this character who has appeared on film the most times, actually. It's either him or Sherlock Holmes. Anyway, they should fight.

I have a vague memory from years ago of Harry over on that other site doing a posting a review for a script with that concept and going insane for it. But you know, Harry.
(02-05-2021, 10:31 AM)Misfit Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 12:12 AM)arjen rudd Wrote: I think Dracula is this character who has appeared on film the most times, actually. It's either him or Sherlock Holmes. Anyway, they should fight.

I have a vague memory from years ago of Harry over on that other site doing a posting a review for a script with that concept and going insane for it. But you know, Harry.

Thank god I don't personally.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
There's a novel by Loren D. Estleman that has Holmes and Watson running parallel to the Stoker novel in a kind of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern way that's pretty fun. The BBC did a radio version of it that is a good listen.

SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE VENGEANCE OF DRACULA.

I wanted that movie so fucking bad.

For those who aren't familiar, a Google search brings up a plethora of links, including the script itself.

Here's an article on it:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2002/12/12/...of-dracula
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

(02-05-2021, 09:00 AM)MichaelM Wrote: Is the Transylvanian Sex Worker a redhead?

Asking for a friend.

*hires MichaelM as the casting director*
*hires MichaelM as pimp*
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
[Image: AcidicVictoriousArcticseal-mobile.jpg]

The world needs more love brokers.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Speaking of vampire westerns...

From the director of Verotika!

EDIT: Should go without saying since it's Danzig, but the trailer's NSFW.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
When Argento’s DRACULA 3D looks like it has better production value, you know you’ve got a problem.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
On a visual level Death Rider in the House of Vampires is actually a major step up from Verotika, as crazy as that may sound. Dracula 3D most likely had a way bigger budget than that movie; I'd be surprised if DRitHoV has a budget over a million, where Dracula 3D was like seven million something dollars. I'm a little surprised Danzig doesn't lean into the fact he's making really low budget movies.

When I first saw that trailer for Death Rider in the House of Vampires I had two thoughts. The first was about how much better it looked than Verotika, although that set at the 56 second mark is very Verotika in its badness. And the second was that it'd look vastly better if Danzig had chosen to shoot it on anything else other than digital. I know it's low budget movie, but then so are The House of the Devil and The Love Witch.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3662...character/
If we can dream it, then we can do it.

I'm going to have to see this on disc at some point, for the commentary tracks.