Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARMY OF THE DEAD
ZS should make a Headless Fett biopic.

Starring Jesse Eisenberg.
(04-13-2021, 10:28 PM)bradito Wrote: ZS should make a Headless Fett biopic.

ZS should make a bradito biopic

Starring Michael Cera reading my posts on his phone in various spots around LA. After every post he grits his teeth and goes "This fucking guy. This FUCKING guy...is right."
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
I hate to be a downer but is Zach Snyder a case of a nice guy who really isn't that good at the whole movie making thing?
Nobody's claiming he's Martin Scorsese. He's not as good as his most militant fans would have you believe but he's not talentless either. Spawn is something that would 100% play to his strengths. And Army of the Dead looks like his type of thing. He's enthusiastic to a fault and enthusiasm goes a long way with me. And he does seem to be a nice guy. Nice enough that I felt really genuinely bad for him with the whole thing with his adopted daughter's suicide. Not that there's anyone I wouldn't feel bad for who had to endure such a thing. He'll never be counted among the great directors but he's got an eye for striking imagery. In a perfect world he would be the best 2nd unit director in Hollywood and not the ACTUAL director but I'd be lying if I said that he's never directed anything I've enjoyed..

(04-13-2021, 10:41 PM)shan Wrote: I hate to be a downer but is Zach Snyder a case of a nice guy who really isn't that good at the whole movie making thing?

I wouldn't say that. His Dawn of the Dead movie, at least the director's cut, is a good movie; I liked that one quite a lot. That Owl cartoon, at least what I saw of it, was good. And I was surprised how much I liked his Justice League movie, and that it didn't feel like a chore give the runtime.

My theory has always been that Snyder is just kind of dumb. He did his big action movies, got hailed for them, and they did well. Now he actually starts doing this with 300, where he adds some more stuff so it isn't just pure action; but once you get into Watchmen it seems like he's trying really hard to show how smart and clever he is and just really not failing spectacularly to do so. This best movies are the ones where he isn't seemingly trying to prove how smart he is to, I don't really know, himself I guess, the filmmaking world or something.

He can definitely craft a scene though. Even in something I just fucking hate like his stupid version of Watchmen, that Dr. Manhattan sequence with the Philip Glass music is great. I hate that movie, and based on that movie I don't think he gets what's good about the comic book or it's characters at all; but that's also one of the best sequences in any comic book movie ever. Likewise, even though I do not like his Man of Steel, and I question many choices it makes, there are parts of it I really like; like when he has Superman hitting the laser of the World Engine, that's just pure Fleischer Superman and it's great. His weirdo Krypton is also just so nuts it's hard not to enjoy.
ZS should make a simbob biopic.

Looks like Kelly's Heroes with zombies; I'm all in!
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
I can't believe it took me this long to see that trailer.

This looks fucking AWESOME.
(04-13-2021, 10:41 PM)shan Wrote: I hate to be a downer but is Zach Snyder a case of a nice guy who really isn't that good at the whole movie making thing?
Nah. he clearly has talent, and is able to produce striking imagery that can become iconic.  Hard to remember but 300 took the world by storm.  And while there's a lot to say about its politics, there's a reason why so many people were drawn to that movie.   LATENT HOMOEROTICISM, BABY!!!

I think Snyder's problem is that he has talent and he has ambition, but I don't think he ever figured out how to find the right balance for them.  So it almost always feels like he overindulges in his worst tendencies.  Basically, boy doesn't know the meaning of restraint.  And while it's a large reasonw why I admire the man, it's a big reason why he hasn't found much in the way of critical success.

(04-14-2021, 03:58 AM)freeman Wrote: I can't believe it took me this long to see that trailer.

This looks fucking AWESOME.

We'll make you into a Snyder fan yet.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence

There's talent there. But like many, he requires a strong-armed producer to say, "NO, ZACK!"

The real ending to Big...
"Think about it. All the things we did. All the people we saved. Look where it got us. But what if, just once, we did something just for us."

I see Snyder is recycling lines from his planned Justice League sequel.
I'll take a dumb but heart's in the right place kinda director like Snyder over a cynical, lazy hack like Abrams ANY day. At least he seems to love what he does..

Of course he does since he keeps getting rewarded for his mistakes.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Fett, your personal animosity towards Snyder is manifesting in behavior that is almost trollish.

You don't like the guy or his movies. That's fine! But it's time to stop talking about it. Surely there are subjects being discussed on these boards that you DO actually enjoy?
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
ALMOST???
Everyone has to try to shut him down politely at least once.

I tried about four years ago and here we are.
I've made no bones about how Snyder (and Abrams) is emblematic of how mediocre white male directors in Hollywood are repeatedly given opportunities over more diverse creative people. It's not a personal enmity but a creative one.

Edit: Name calling doesn't shut down anything, brad. Stop being a bitter sod.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
(04-14-2021, 04:57 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: Fett, your personal animosity towards Snyder is manifesting in behavior that is almost trollish.

Almost?

Fett apparently feels very privileged to keep just posting whatever he wants despite polite requests from others.  How typically white male of him ... ?  

I'm looking forward to this film, I don't find conversations on Reddit to generally be under-the-hood engaging or incisive, and yet another thread is apparently just going to be bombed incessantly by him.

(04-14-2021, 05:54 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 04:57 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: Fett, your personal animosity towards Snyder is manifesting in behavior that is almost trollish.

Almost?

Fett apparently feels very privileged to keep just posting whatever he wants polite requests from others.  How typically white male of him ... ?  
Wait is Fett really a white male? I
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(04-14-2021, 05:54 PM)Overlord Wrote:

Almost?

Fett apparently feels very privileged to keep just posting whatever he wants polite requests from others.  How typically white male of him ... ?  
Ahahahaha it IS very typical straight white male stuff!

CHECKMATE VIRTUE!
Unlike Ovie, I don't post like one.

Edit: Or Freeman for that matter.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Really? I assumed.......I guess it does make more sense now.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(04-14-2021, 06:06 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Really? I assumed.......I guess it does make more sense now.

It does make more sense once you realize it.  It's self-loathing over his privileged white male status camouflaged by endless virtue signaling on the topic.

(04-14-2021, 06:02 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Wait is Fett really a white male? I

Yup.  He posted a bunch of images of himself once upon a time.  I'll dig 'em up when I have a sec.

I'm sorry that a dissenting opinion is called trolling except if it's approved by everyone else. That's not how a discussion works but I've said my piece.

Enjoy your thread with no fear of any legitimate criticism whatsoever.

Edit: Go ahead and post them Ovie I'm sure you'll be vindicated or something.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
DISSENTING???
(04-14-2021, 06:14 PM)Overlord Wrote: Yup.  He posted a bunch of images of himself once upon a time.  I'll dig 'em up when I have a sec.

*Homelander .jpeg*
(04-14-2021, 06:04 PM)headless fett Wrote: Unlike Ovie, I don't post like one.

Oh no no no my friend. You don’t get to point fingers and McCarthy your way out of this one Matt Gaetz.
So it looks like post-DotD the zombie outbreak has been contained to urban centres, perhaps? I wonder if the action Bautista’s character refers to is Iraq or Afghanistan, some variation of WWZ, or a combination.

(04-14-2021, 07:26 PM)freeman Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 06:04 PM)headless fett Wrote: Unlike Ovie, I don't post like one.

Oh no no no my friend. You don’t get to point fingers and McCarthy your way out of this one Matt Gaetz.

I rest my case.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
(04-14-2021, 06:06 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Really? I assumed.......I guess it does make more sense now.

It is VITAL context in understanding Fett that in real life, he’s just Britta from community constantly on the verge of a rant against the system that nobody takes seriously.
(04-14-2021, 07:50 PM)freeman Wrote:

It is VITAL context in understanding Fett that in real life, he’s just Britta from community constantly on the verge of a rant against the system that nobody takes seriously.

If we're making general (and very simplistic) assumptions about people using fictional characters then it's pretty easy to see you as Sheldon from BBT if he were an MMA fan. Nobody takes you seriously but they humor you anyways.*

*this is a joke

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
That's not a joke! I don't want to be taken seriously. Almost everything I say is silly, it's very much the point most of the time!

And don't think you could drop a "I watch the Big Bang Theory" reference without me noticing it?! NEVAR!!!!
(04-14-2021, 06:14 PM)Overlord Wrote:

It does make more sense once you realize it.  It's self-loathing over his privileged white male status camouflaged by endless virtue signaling on the topic.

(04-14-2021, 06:02 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Wait is Fett really a white male? I

Yup.  He posted a bunch of images of himself once upon a time.  I'll dig 'em up when I have a sec.

It's like Devin Faraci's old Twitter post...only dumber and without anything interesting in between.

It's like: Oh watch me virtue signal about Snyder and JJ getting movies. Oh what is the mystery of JJ Abrams being able to get work as a director in Hollywood? He only revived Mission: Impossible, Star Trek, and made Disney a ton of fucking money with The Force Awakens. Oh how is this man that keeps making people lots and lots of money able to keep making movies? How did Snyder end up being able to shape Warner Bros and Legendary's DC movies after the kind of return he got them on the movie 300 which is based on a comic book? These are just mysteries that I'm afraid will go unsolved forever.

Fett's statement might be more interesting if it actually came with some counterpoint of which directors he feels are being unjustly passed over as opposed to such general statements that are so broad they're all but meaningless. Trying to make it into a race thing just seems dumb to me, I mean after I Saw the Devil I thought Ti West was one of the best upcoming American directors around; but his movies didn't exactly make money and he's been in tv land ever since In a Valley of Violence finished in 2015.

(04-14-2021, 07:36 PM)subotai Wrote: So it looks like post-DotD the zombie outbreak has been contained to urban centres, perhaps? I wonder if the action Bautista’s character refers to is Iraq or Afghanistan, some variation of WWZ, or a combination.

While this is his DotD zombie movie follow-up, it doesn't seem to be that kind of direct follow-up. The zombies in DotD always ran, in the trailer for this movie one of the characters remarks in surprise at the zombies being able to run, so in the world of Army of the Dead the zombies seemed to be more like normal zombies in the beginning that have changed over time.
*sees the only racist person I have blocked on here*

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Choose your fighter...