Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARMY OF THE DEAD
Hey, that was the role Chris D'elia was un-personed from.
It just goes to show that if you don't refute any allegations in a timely manner you will be digitally removed and replaced by someone older.
Notaro is gonna end up looking as fake and pasted in as Ruby Rose.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
there's a shot of Notaro standing right next to the cast in the trailer that actually looks pretty seamless

if I didn't know about her replacing anyone, I'd never have noticed anything about it
*hires ProZD to replace Nooj
So racist.
Recasting someone with someone higher profile happens all the time. It's just business.

I didn’t know until now Garrett Dillahunt plays a jerkass in this. That’s more than enough for me.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
just watched the movie

all the ingredients felt in place for something really fun (director, cast, genre, ideas), but I found it only OK as a whole.  Lots of cool stuff to like, but I never got that into it.

The editing feels choppy in terms of juggling all the characters and subplots, although I'm gonna assume that's baked in at the script level. There are chunks where I have no idea what or why some of the characters are doing what they're doing... and they feel disassociated from the plot, often feeling like they disappear from moment to moment or teleporting to a scene where everyone is present.

and that stands out particularly harshly when you're talking about something that's operating in two very formulaic genres (heist and zombie)

totally impressed with how well the Notaro reshoots were incorporated into the movie. if I didn't know, I'd probably never have noticed anything. Although, to be fair... of all the characters, she's probably the one that was 'easiest' to replace, since she spends a lot of the movie on her own.  The overall shaky, shallow DOF, handheld camerawork with all the visual imperfections as well as the constant cutting around scenes also helps the Notaro footage feel right at home.

also, while I have no problem with the idea of SMART ORGANIZED ZOMBIES on paper, in execution it just makes them come off like Orcs/Urukhai or something

I enjoyed the cute tribute to his past collaborator, LARRY FONG (his frequent DP).  Especially since Snyder served as his own DP on this.
HEY EVERYONE!

Nooj doesn't know the song "Zombie" by the Cranberries!!!!

One thing I forgot to ask.  How does it directly compare to Dawn?
I haven't seen DAWN for a long time

I'm planning to rewatch it
But seriously how can you not know Zombie? It's one of the most well-known songs of not just the 90's but all time.
(shrug)
It was covered by Bad Wolves!
Just know, if I was in the theatre with you and the opening chords of Zombie started playing, I would have groaned out loud.

Unfortunately, the Peoples Republic of Canada doesn't have movies again, yet.
And how much slow mo is there?
All of it.
There's some slowmo
Netflix put the first 15 minutes up here:

Not impressed so far, I'm even going to go as far as to say Resident Evil: Apocalypse did their fall of a city much better (no questionable music choices over the action for starters - very distracting!).
(05-14-2021, 03:00 PM)shan Wrote: Netflix put the first 15 minutes up here:

Not impressed so far, I'm even going to go as far as to say Resident Evil: Apocalypse did their fall of a city much better (no questionable music choices over the action for starters - very distracting!).

Don't make me take away your bucket.

So you're saying, lower your expectations. Got it.
'make sure you pay attention to the awesome suits' - Nooj on UNDERWATER
I understood that reference!

(Sends Ronan to deal with The Other. Add this clip because ... well ... the preview image has a ridiculous looking bucket in it.)

(05-14-2021, 03:28 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: So you're saying, lower your expectations. Got it.

Well, that's just my opinion. There's the ridiculously contrived accident to set this all off (I mean wouldn't you put the payload in the middle of the convoy for starters) but that's not a deal breaker, you need something like that to kick things off. However, all the slack jawed military types who after being told unambiguously to leave just ... stand there all slack jawed just seems like a metaphor for something. That scene dragged ... and dragged for way too long.

The fall of Las Vegas could have been good but I really did not like that overlaid music choice (hence the Resident Evil: Apocalypse reference) and then I went and read the Wikipedia summary which as I feared, it went exactly like I thought it would right down to the kind of endings I absolutely hate in films like this.

Also, any reason why this has to be two and a half hours long? Dawn of the Dead was about 101 minutes long. Had a much better opening montage and appropriate music selection too.
Well, given who wrote that movie I'm not surprised there's a big difference in quality.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Would be cool if the 15 minutes they put up was at 10x hyperspeed. Then you just slowmo it down to .1x and you get the whole movie.
Okay, so I'll catch up with this on Netflix, I guess.
I may be the outlier here

I’ve generally read more positive responses to the movie

I’m also not that into zombies
No, I think everyone loves zombies.
I like TRAIN TO BUSAN

but maybe that's just because I'm into trains

or busan
I mean, it's hard to call Busan zombies. They're so much closer to rabies victims.
How about those guys in World War Z that climb all over each other and dribble acid reflux bile? I call them Walkulatorz.
(05-14-2021, 08:52 PM)freeman Wrote: I mean, it's hard to call Busan zombies.  They're so much closer to rabies victims.

Oh no no no no, we're not doing that 28 Day Later shit again.

The man in the pub test if asked if they were zombies would say these films (and 28 Days Later for that matter) would fall under the overarching zombie thematic oeuvre.

(I live near a very upmarket pub.)
Man, I remember revisiting "28 Days Later" and "28 Weeks Later" at the beginning of this Covid bullshit. I was like, "Well, it probably won't get as bad as this..."
(05-14-2021, 09:12 PM)shan Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:52 PM)freeman Wrote: I mean, it's hard to call Busan zombies.  They're so much closer to rabies victims.

Oh no no no no, we're not doing that 28 Day Later shit again.

The man in the pub test if asked if they were zombies would say these films (and 28 Days Later for that matter) would fall under the overarching zombie thematic oeuvre.

(I live near a very upmarket pub.)

What's to get into? In 28 Days Later they are not zombies, they are "infected". Same with Busan.

Done. Settled.
Infected with Covid-03.