Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUPERMAN PRE-RELEASE (202X)
Written by Ta-Nehisi Coates (Pulitzer finalist/National Book Award-winning nonfiction writer, has written Black Panther and Captain America for Marvel). Produced by JJ Abrams.

And with the intent of having Superman be played by a black actor.

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/136...5134543873

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/136...3453011969

Michael B. Jordan has been vocal about wanting the role for several years (and has even met w/ WB about it in the past), so he seems quite possible. Regardless, Coates writing and that angle is quite a place to start.
let the internet come crashing down!
I'm all for a Black Superman.

But let us weep for Henry Cavill.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(02-26-2021, 02:07 PM)Nooj Wrote: let the internet come crashing down!

Yessss
wait...what? Cavill is done, then?

If so, then I'm betting it's because Cavill got signed for Bond.
(02-26-2021, 02:10 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: wait...what?  Cavill is done, then?

I really hope not.

Too pretty for Bond.
Cavill as Bond would be a very, very nice consolation prize for being so badly fucked by WB.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Third reboot's the charm, I always say!
Cavill should get another shot at Superman.

And yeah, the internet, Twitter, etc... melting down over a Black Superman should be quite the spectacle, and it will even if it’s not Clark Kent/Kal-El and played by some one like Michael B. Jordan.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
Hmm... John David Washington’s low key presence would actually be good for this.
(02-26-2021, 02:15 PM)bradito Wrote: Third reboot's the charm, I always say!

Technically the fourth, even if Superman Returns was trying to be in the Donner continuity.

(02-26-2021, 02:19 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Hmm... John David Washington’s low key presence would actually be good for this.

Oh, heck! This would work great.
Nah, this has got Jordan all over it.
JDW would be great.
I dig JDW, but he might be a little shorter than the generally accepted image of Superman, movie magic or not

That said, if the intention is to put a new spin on things overall, I’m all for it
Wonder is this will be THE Superman story or A Superman story.
Just this guy, you know?
Jordan gives me Cavill vibes as Superman. A little too stoic.
Perhaps this will be Steel/John Henry Irons?
(02-26-2021, 02:24 PM)Nooj Wrote: I dig JDW, but he might be a little shorter than the generally accepted image of Superman, movie magic or not

That said, if the intention is to put a new spin on things overall, I’m all for it

Well, excuse me for being the world's biggest fan of "Tenet!"
What's Ray Fisher doing these days?

(ducks)
Just this guy, you know?
What's really great about this, whether it happens or not*, is that it's such a straightfoward litmus test for a person's racist attitudes.

Because there are zero reasons Superman can't be Black. Zero. Any objections are rooted in racism and should force the person making them to do some hard, sober reflecting.

*First, there's the usual challenges of getting a film made. Second, it's WB and a DC property. Third, WB could easily blink. Fourth, TNC could (and I'd very much understand this) walk if WB fucks with his ideas too much/tries to sand off any sharp edges.

If we can get Batman v Superman: Dawn of Tenet with Pattinson and JDW...

Denzel as Joe-El???
If Zod or Lex Luthor are the villains again, I will complain on a message board.

Give me Brainiac!
Bokeem Woodbine for Lex.
Okay, that's cool.
(02-26-2021, 02:32 PM)michael shaver Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 02:10 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: wait...what?  Cavill is done, then?

Or Commander Shepard in the Mass Effect movie: https://www.pcgamer.com/henry-cavill-tea...ss-effect/

oh please let him play Shepard in asshole mode.
(02-26-2021, 02:36 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Bokeem Woodbine for Lex.

No, if we're going MBJ for Supes, then it has to be Denzel for Lex.

HAS to be.

Denzel is Brainiac.
Jor-El to JDW’s Superman!

Or Pa Kent...
Denzel is an ICON in every sense of the word. And he looks younger than he is. But he's damn near 70. And I don't love MBJ for this at all, even though I'm a big fan.

This feels like WB chasing BP money, to be honest. It won't matter is Coates has an amazing Superman story to tell. Keep Abrams far away from this one. His script from the early aughts was terrible, and his misunderstanding of Luthor was cosmic in scale.
I'm not Avery.
Moriarty's review of "Flyby" is something I still revisit every couple years. What a scoop!
I have a feeling Lex Luther will probably stay white.

Interesting to hear reading through those feeds that Will Smith was offered Superman years ago. Never heard about that but I can see that happening. I could See Mike Colter given that is pretty much how he played Luke Cage.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Jonathan Majors would be good too, but Marvels got him.
If they decide to go younger for Lex again, William Jackson Harper could be interesting.
Oh man, a black actor playing Superman in a JJ Abrams production.

The pearl clutching by the fandom menace!!!