Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Prime
I'm a DISH subscriber, and finally the service offered an app where I can watch Prime Videos on my TV. Since my only option before was watching on my laptop, like the early days of Netflix streaming, I mostly avoided it. Since I've been paying for Prime for over 15 years, it's good to have something other than YT for hunting the off the beaten path treasures/ weird things that turn me on.

Anyway, super excited, but just strolling through options was exhausting. I sorta don't know where to begin.

This is a Thread to recommend interesting stuff - new or old, just the cool, cool shit.

I'm more of a Movie Guy than TV person, but talk up whatever you want. 

I'm definitely down to watch that mini-series Refn made a couple of years ago.

Aside: It's funny all the stuff I purchased instead of rented in the past is in this app queue. FEAR IS THE KEY which I can't wait to revisit, THE WATCHMEN Ultimate Cut, but also I must have been into 'Fringe' at one time, because for some reason I ordered Season 1. Maybe I just took a chance on it at one point.

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

Bad Ben. You are welcome.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/amzn1.dv.gti.ecabcb05-7ec8-b701-78b9-94eeafbb5b58?ref_=imdbref_tt_wbr_pvs_piv&tag=imdbtag_tt_wbr_pvs_piv-20
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
These are on Prime as of today (4/2):

NIGHT OF THE RUNNING MAN
THE APPLE
COCKFIGHTER
DEATH LAID AN EGG
EVE'S BAYOU
THE BATTLE WIZARD
BLOOD BEAT
BLIND FURY
DERANGED
BLIND FURY is great. Much better than it should be if you just read the premise.
In Search of the Last Action Heroes is on there. Good doc about the meteoric rise of the genre in the 80's. Shane Black, Bill Duke, Eric Roberts and a host of favorites on hand for interviews.
Thanks for the feedback- besides the suggestions, my watchlist is looking pretty sweet:

SERIAL (a rental), PUMPING IRON, PORKY'S 2, ESCAPE CLAUSE, NIGHT OF THE RUNNING MAN, SENSATION, PIRANHA (1995), TRANSYVANIA 6-5000, SCREWBALLS, RAVAGE, BLISS, WHAT DO YOU SAY TO A NAKED LADY (an Alan Funt joint!), GAS PUMP GIRLS, DRAGONSLAYER, SPLIT IMAGE, THIS GIRL FOR HIRE, UNDERGROUND ACES, ONE NIGHT IN MIAMI, & COMING 2 AMERICA!

L.A. Wars, an action movie from 1994, was featured on Best of the Worst recently and looks like a lot of fun. It's on Prime.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
"We're not all masters of our souls, Meacham...I learned that on Earth."
The Expanse. The Boys. The Man in the High Castle. The Sound of Metal.
Git' in under mah belly!
My queue is getting nuts!

Just( bought) ordered first Season 1 of 'The Larry Sanders Show' so been marathoning it all nite long.

First revisit since it first aired.

I know HBO had a falling out with DISH, but it;s weird that I can watch some of their stuff, but not others.

Like I've got the Natalie Wood & Jane Fonda docs, but they wouldn't let me get the new 'Tina' doc. They denied me the the old Kris Kristofferson movie FLASHPOINT, but I can see CAST A DEADLY SPELL.

Saw that THE ABYSS was available on Prime. Press play and… 4:3 pan and scan???! From an old video master made for VHS back in 1989????

WHAT?! THE?! SHIT?!
Some things just slip through the cracks man. If enough people complain about it to get their attention, they might fix it.
Git' in under mah belly!
Someone literally would have had to take the time to convert a video tape digitally for streaming in order for this to somehow slip through the cracks. So bizarre.
That version was probably used for older TV airings as well.
Gamertag: Tweakee
(05-05-2021, 10:31 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: Saw that THE ABYSS was available on Prime. Press play and… 4:3 pan and scan???! From an old video master made for VHS back in 1989????

WHAT?! THE?! SHIT?!

They re-broke the upload? What the fuck?
I don't love all these movies, but, man, does Amazon's algorithm get me more than Netflix's ever did:

Included With Prime: Movies We Think You'll Like- THE GRAND, SCHOOL DAZE, MEN AT WORK, TROPIC THUNDER, BREWSTER'S MILLIONS, TWILIGHT (Newman flick), CRIMSON TIDE, PORKY'S, BACKTRACK, THE USUAL SUSPECTS, HIDING OUT, DODGEBALL, MARTIN LAWRENCE: DOIN' TIME, HOW HIGH, TOP SECRET, ELECTION, YOUR HIGHNESS, NORTH DALLAS FORTY, THE PACKAGE, RENT-A-COP, MO' MONEY, KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE, SKIN DEEP, FATAL INSTINCT, MALLRATS, THE LIBERATION OF L.B. JONES, ZODIAC, TAKERS, KINGS OF COMEDY, TROUBLE IN MIND, WHICH WAY IS UP?, HONEST THIEF, TRUE COLORS, STONED AGE, ACROSS 110TH STREET, NIGHT FALLS ON MANHATTAN, DICKIE ROBERTS, BAD BOYS (Penn version), THE ITALIAN JOB (original), BEATS, RHYMES, & LIFE, SCOOP, HEAD OF STATE, INCIDENT AT OGLALA, SONGWRITER, DOUBLE WHAMMY, LEAVING LAS VEGAS, SEE NO EVIL/HEAR NO EVIL, THE ABYSS, YELLOWBEARD, NICK OF TIME, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, THE FLORENTINE, MONEY TRAIN, MIDNIGHT IN PARIS, DIGGSTOWN, THE BEASTMASTER, STAY TUNED, GATOR, and UP IN SMOKE

Too bad I own about 99 percent of those, but most of those are personal re-watchables.

There were a few 'huh?' recs in there, too, but overall on point.

There's no way to get HULU through Amazon is there? I'm fiending to see SUMMER OF SOUL...

Just got an email from Amazon that HBO is pulling out of Prime Video Channels effective on the 15th, which means if I want to keep HBO Max I'm going to have to give my credit card info to HBO, which sucks.
(09-03-2021, 03:41 PM)Fafhrd Wrote: Just got an email from Amazon that HBO is pulling out of Prime Video Channels effective on the 15th, which means if I want to keep HBO Max I'm going to have to give my credit card info to HBO, which sucks.

Aye, matey, tis truly a conundrum, to be sure.

(09-03-2021, 03:41 PM)Fafhrd Wrote: Just got an email from Amazon that HBO is pulling out of Prime Video Channels effective on the 15th, which means if I want to keep HBO Max I'm going to have to give my credit card info to HBO, which sucks.

Is HBO untrustworthy?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
It's just another potential database that can get hacked and credit card details can be stolen from. The benefit of the Amazon Prime Channels system was that I only had to worry about Amazon getting hacked.