Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TC Cinematic Treasure Hunt #10 JUNE 2021
Another targeted month of movies! 

Everyone knows how this works now. Give me movie quotes, and I'll generate 30 prompts for watching movies in June.

1. Watch either a documentary or a film starring Jack Nicholson. ('That's the fact, Jack!' - STRIPES)

2. Watch a movie featuring an elitist race, or an elite Race. ("I need to know the connection between the elves and the Nazis." - ELVES)

3. Rewatch a movie that has a specific Extra or Day Player that you for some reason remember, or if you don't remember any, watch something from this list. ("A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl." - CITIZEN KANE)

4. Watch a movie that has been described as cynical, misanthropic or nihilistic. ("Just remember this. All agents defect, and all resisters sell out. That's the sad truth, Bill. And a writer? A writer lives the sad truth like anyone else. The only difference is, he files a report on it." - NAKED LUNCH)

5. Watch a story with a Christ figure, either literal or symbolic. ('You know what, Mom? You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas? A big, wooden cross. So anytime you feel unappreciated for all your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it.' - THE REF)

6. Watch a movie about a traditionally male profession. ("Who taught you how to work with men?!" - GLENGARRY GLENN ROSS)

7. Watch a movie exploring the idea of chivalry. ("Remember, you're fighting for this woman's honor, which is probably more than she ever did." - DUCK SOUP)

8. Watch a film in which Bruce McGill appears. ("Wipe that smirk off your face!" - THE INSIDER)

9. Watch a sexy movie that is either a period piece or set in the future. (“I’m the slut of all time!” - BUTTERFIELD 8)

10. Watch a movie about revenge or a vendetta. ("I hate you so much that I would destroy myself to take you down with me." - GILDA)

11. Watch a movie that fetishizes voyeurism, or watch The Who's Tommy. ("Tommy. How's the peeping? Tommy, how's the peeping? Tommy. Tommy. Tommy. Tommy. Tommy." - TALENTED MR. RIPLEY)

12. Watch a movie about the conflict between two large, oppositional forces, be they countries, gangs, or ideologies. ("We're not so different, you and I. We've both spent our lives looking for the weakness in one another's systems. Don't you think it's time to recognize there is as little worth on your side as there is on mine?" - TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY)

13. Watch a Fuck the Police movie. ("No, let me give you some advice, cop. You can beat us, chain us, lock us up. But we're gonna be back, understand? And when we do, cop, you better keep your ass off our turf, or we'll BLOW IT OFF! Ya dig? We're Jezebels, cop - remember that name. We'll be back!" - SWITCHBLADE SISTERS)

14. Watch a movie about the ocean, or the people who work or live on it. ("Give me those oars! I'll show you some real seamanship, laddie! I'll not be doubted by some pipsqueak tuft of ginger and his irritating dog. I am master and commander of the seas!" THE ADVENTURES OF TIN TIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN)

15. Watch either Eye of the Tiger starring Gary Busey, The Edge starring Anthony Hopkins, or anything featuring a cast member of the Rocky franchise. ("Now, when we fought, you had that eye of the tiger, man; the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?" - ROCKY III)

16. Watch a sequel considered to have surpassed the original. ("It's bullshit generalization. Many sequels have surpassed their originals." - SCREAM 2)

17. Watch a movie about greed, or characters attempting to acquire lots and lots of money. (They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fucking smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.' - BOILER ROOM)

18. Watch a movie where the protagonist is struggling to quit something, be it a career path, an addiction, or Jake Gyllenhaal. ("This quitting thing, it's a hard habit to break once you start." - BAD NEWS BEARS)

19. Watch a movie that features either prophecy, homosexuality, or a real life icon in any field. ("If there should be an assassination, I would hope that five, ten, one hundred, a thousand would rise. I would like to see every gay lawyer, every gay architect come out - - If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door... And that's all." - MILK)

20. Watch a movie featuring problem-solving in a life or death situation. ('You mean we're all gonna die 'cause you screwed up on the math?' - DEEP RISING)

21. Watch a movie based on a true story or 'based on a true story'. ("I'm going to tell you something really outrageous. I'm going to tell you the truth." - PRIMARY COLORS)

22. Watch a movie taking place within the world of classical music or one that prominently features a piece of classical music. ('I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.' - A CLOCKWORK ORANGE)

23. Watch an unapologetically jingoistic celebration of America as the ultimate good in the world. ("Nobody does this to the United States. The President will get his baseball glove back and play catch with this guy's balls!" - AIR FORCE ONE)

24. Watch either a film by Stanley Kubrick or a film off of AFI's 100 Years...100 Laughs list. ("Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. - DR. STRANGELOVE)

25. Watch a Charles Grodin performance. (“See you in the next life.” - MIDNIGHT RUN)

26. Watch a movie about a marriage. ('I gotta get home for dinner. My wife is slowly poisoning me to death and she gets very angry if I'm late.' - IN GOOD COMPANY)

27. Watch a movie that is either about a family, a circus, or that sucks. ("You sit down and read your paper, and you're enjoying your entire two-page comics spread. Right? And then there's the Family fucking Circus, bottom right-hand corner, just waiting to suck." - GO)

28. Watch Hereditary, or any movie where the sins of the parents are visited on the children. ("I don't know your mother, but I'll tell you something. She did it to you and her mother did it to her and back and back and back all the way to Eve and at some point you just say, 'Fuck it, I start with me.'" - POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE)

29. Watch a film set during the Roman Empire. ('Serve the state, Caligula, though the people in it are wicked beasts.' - CALIGULA)

30. Watch a film starring Ben Affleck. ('MATT DAMON' - TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE)
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
'Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip.' - TERMINAL VELOCITY

'Tell him about the Twinkie.' - GHOSTBUSTERS

'You know what, Mom? You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas? A big, wooden cross. So anytime you feel unappreciated for all your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it.' - THE REF

'That's the fact, Jack!' - STRIPES

'Get that cat outta here.' - THE MAN WITH TWO BRAINS
'make sure you pay attention to the awesome suits' - Nooj on UNDERWATER
"Who taught you how to work with men?!" -Glengarry Glen Ross

"A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl." - Citizen Kane

"A friend is a gift you give yourself." -Nightcrawler
home taping is killing music
"I don't believe I'll be having that beer just now. Not unless I'm drinking it from Jonah King's skull." Drive Angry

"A minute ago this was the safest job in the world. Now it's turning into a bad day in Bosnia." Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

"During the threat of an assassination attempt, I appeared convincingly in front of congress as Barack Obama." "In black-face? That's not appropriate." Spy

"Just remember this. All agents defect, and all resisters sell out. That's the sad truth, Bill. And a writer? A writer lives the sad truth like anyone else. The only difference is, he files a report on it." Naked Lunch

"Remember, you're fighting for this woman's honor, which is probably more than she ever did." Duck Soup
1. Watch either a documentary or a film starring Jack Nicholson. ('That's the fact, Jack!' - STRIPES)

2. Watch a movie featuring an elitist race, or an elite Race. ("I need to know the connection between the elves and the Nazis." - ELVES)

3. Rewatch a movie that has a specific Extra or Day Player that you for some reason remember, or if you don't remember any, watch something from this list. ("A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl." - CITIZEN KANE)

4. Watch a movie that has been described as cynical, misanthropic or nihilistic. ("Just remember this. All agents defect, and all resisters sell out. That's the sad truth, Bill. And a writer? A writer lives the sad truth like anyone else. The only difference is, he files a report on it." - NAKED LUNCH)

5. Watch a story with a Christ figure, either literal or symbolic. ('You know what, Mom? You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas? A big, wooden cross. So anytime you feel unappreciated for all your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it.' - THE REF)

6. Watch a movie about a traditionally male profession. ("Who taught you how to work with men?!" - GLENGARRY GLENN ROSS)

7. Watch a movie exploring the idea of chivalry. ("Remember, you're fighting for this woman's honor, which is probably more than she ever did." - DUCK SOUP)

8. Watch a film in which Bruce McGill appears. ("Wipe that smirk off your face!" - THE INSIDER)
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
'I hate you so much that I would destroy myself to take you down with me.' - GILDA (1948)

'Your eyes are full of hate, forty-one. That's good. Hate keeps a man alive. It gives him strength.' - BEN-HUR (1959)

'It's hatred. It's the only thing that lasts' - BARFLY (1987)

'Look at these assholes. Ordinary fucking people. I hate 'em!' - REPO MAN (1984)

'It's a terrible thing to hate your mother. But I didn't always hate her...when I was a child, I only kinda disliked her.' - THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (1962)

'You want to kill me, don't you Tucker? Well, get a number and get in line.' - CLIFFHANGER (1993)
"I'm from a small town called "Fresh Off a Cop's Ass", and you're making me homesick." - HOUSE PARTY (1990)

"How come you never came to see me?" "Who wanted to see you in a cage, man?" - KING OF NEW YORK

"You gotta rob to get rich in the Reagan era." - NEW JACK CITY

"This is like some fuckin' movie. Friends since second grade, fuckin' like THIS [crosses fingers] ...and then one of us gets himself in potentially BIG trouble, and now we've gotta deal with it; we've got to test our loyalty against ALL odds. It's kind of... exciting. I feel like... Chuck Norris, y'know?" - RIVER'S EDGE

"Free ain't easy. Free is real. And real's a motherfucker." - ALI

"You don't have to hate a man to completely destroy him." - PLAY IT TO THE BONE (1999)

"We are the weirdos, mister." - THE CRAFT (1996)

" Tommy. How's the peeping? Tommy, how's the peeping? Tommy. Tommy. Tommy. Tommy. Tommy." - TALENTED MR. RIPLEY

"He only gave me our scenes. I never saw a complete script. After all I've done for that guy, and it's a lot that you don't even know about. What a dick." - DEAD DON'T DIE

Frank McRae Tribute Quote:

"C'mon, Jeff! You've seen how bad business is. Thanks to Fuchs, our name is mud! Look... we had nuns, protesting out front when I got here this morning."

"Nuns?"

"Yeah. I had to have Jim turn the firehose on them."

"And I knocked them motherfuckers right on they asses, too."

"You look like Marvin Hagler. I lost money on Hagler!" - RED HEAT

"I probably fucked and/or arrested half of these people's parents." - COLOR OF NIGHT

"Now, when we fought, you had that eye of the tiger, man; the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?" - ROCKY III

"What day is it? The date! " "12th... May... Thursday..." "WHAT YEAR?" - THE TERMINATOR

"Don't worry about Clifford, he'll be fine if you give him a ton of sugar and a book about Hitler." - CLIFFORD

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

"I am the motherfucking shore patrol, motherfucker! I am the motherfucking shore patrol! Give this man a beer.' or "Chant your ass off, kid. But any pussy you get in this world, you gonna have to pay for, one way or another." - THE LAST DETAIL

"As far as I'm concerned, you can go to hell or Australia, but not with me!" "Well, they're both down under." - JUNIOR BONNER

"You believe what you want. You work your side of the street, and I'll work mine." - BULLITT

"They've been laughing at you for a couple of months. You just haven't being sober enough to hear it." - EL DORADO

"That stuff I took, it was supposed to be speed, but I think it was acid. Man, I'm flashing." - OVER THE EDGE

"No, your mother... is not crazy. And neither, contrary to popular belief, is your brother crazy. He's merely miscast in a play. He was born in the wrong era, on the wrong side of the river... With the ability to be able to do anything that he wants to do and... findin' nothin' that he wants to do. I mean nothing." - RUMBLE FISH

"Want to know the truth? I could have had any girl l wanted in school. Any girl l wanted. You know why l didn't have a girlfriend? Huh? Because there was nobody that l liked. Nobody that l liked. That's the truth. I could have had anybody. There was nobody that l liked, because girls stink. They stink. They're evil. And they're all bad, all of them. They're backstabbers like you." - BUFFALO '66

" No, let me give you some advice, cop. You can beat us, chain us, lock us up. But we're gonna be back, understand? And when we do, cop, you better keep your ass off our turf, or we'll BLOW IT OFF! Ya dig? We're Jezebels, cop - remember that name. We'll be back!" - SWITCHBLADE SISTERS

" That rat-soup-eatin', insecure honky motherfucker!" - DOLEMITE

"Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are, not a perfect soldier, but a good man." Captain America: The First Avenger

"I checked the list of people I trust and your name ain't on it." The Lincoln Lawyer

"We're not so different, you and I. We've both spent our lives looking for the weakness in one another's systems. Don't you think it's time to recognize there is as little worth on your side as there is on mine?" Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

"There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat." Margin Call

"Technically, I think it's immoral not to kill him." Horrible Bosses

"Give me those oars! I'll show you some real seamanship, laddie! I'll not be doubted by some pipsqueak tuft of ginger and his irritating dog. I am master and commander of the seas!" The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

"You forgot the first rule of remakes, Jill. Don't fuck with the original!" Scream 4
MARGIN CALL is so damned good.
9. Watch a sexy movie that is either a period piece or set in the future. (“I’m the slut of all time!” - BUTTERFIELD 8)

10. Watch a movie about revenge or a vendetta. ("I hate you so much that I would destroy myself to take you down with me." - GILDA)

11. Watch a movie that fetishizes voyeurism, or watch The Who's Tommy. ("Tommy. How's the peeping? Tommy, how's the peeping? Tommy. Tommy. Tommy. Tommy. Tommy." - TALENTED MR. RIPLEY)

12. Watch a movie about the conflict between two large, oppositional forces, be they countries, gangs, or ideologies. ("We're not so different, you and I. We've both spent our lives looking for the weakness in one another's systems. Don't you think it's time to recognize there is as little worth on your side as there is on mine?" - TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY)

13. Watch a Fuck the Police movie. ("No, let me give you some advice, cop. You can beat us, chain us, lock us up. But we're gonna be back, understand? And when we do, cop, you better keep your ass off our turf, or we'll BLOW IT OFF! Ya dig? We're Jezebels, cop - remember that name. We'll be back!" - SWITCHBLADE SISTERS)

14. Watch a movie about the ocean, or the people who work or live on it. ("Give me those oars! I'll show you some real seamanship, laddie! I'll not be doubted by some pipsqueak tuft of ginger and his irritating dog. I am master and commander of the seas!" - THE ADVENTURES OF TIN TIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN)

15. Watch either Eye of the Tiger starring Gary Busey, The Edge starring Anthony Hopkins, or anything featuring a cast member of the Rocky franchise. ("Now, when we fought, you had that eye of the tiger, man; the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?" - ROCKY III)

16. Watch a sequel considered to have surpassed the original. ("It's bullshit generalization. Many sequels have surpassed their originals." - SCREAM 2)
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
"Can't you feel the vibes in your own house? Bad, sport, real bad. I mean, the karma's so thick around here, you need an Aqua-Lung to breathe." - PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE

"No one wants to know about conspiracy any more!" - BLOW OUT

"This quitting thing, it's a hard habit to break once you start." - BAD NEWS BEARS

"Not me. I've got no choice. I'm not superstitious. And I don't believe in jinxes, but that stone's jinxed me and it won't let go. I've been damned near bitten, shot at, peed on and robbed. And worse is gonna happen before it's done. So I'm takin' my stand. I'm going all the way. Either I get it, or it gets me." - THE HOT ROCK

"The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity with which others are trying to prove him wrong." - HEAVEN CAN WAIT (1978)

"Why do you think I'm conning you? I tell you I really do have this big organ!" - RHINESTONE

" I don't know. I'm not from anywhere. I'm from this bed. Anything worth knowing about me you can learn from letting me make love to you." - AMERICAN GIGOLO

"Ted, are we talking a loss of inhibitions here, or does she pee on the floor?" - BLIND DATE

'I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads. I lodge-poled her at Deadwood Creek, and traded her for a Hawken gun. But don't get me wrong; I loves the womens, I surely do. But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it.' - JEREMIAH JOHNSON

'All right, he's good and he's fast, and he wins a couple of races. And I'm the first one to admit that a good racer turns everybody on. But he's not for the team, and he never will be.' - DOWNHILL RACER

'Tell me about an ambush? Tell me about an ambush? I ambushed you with a cup of coffee!' - RONIN

'You mean we're all gonna die 'cause you screwed up on the math?' - DEEP RISING

'They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fucking smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.' - BOILER ROOM

'One time a company I worked for transferred me to an island in the Pacific. Fantastic place. I invited my girl to visit me. I sent her a postcard everyday with a single word on each card. I wrote "Found a virgin paradise. It's yours. Matthew." Narturally, they were delivered in the wrong order. The message she got was "Found a virgin. It's paradise. Yours, Matthew." I never heard from her again.' - BLAME IT ON RIO
If that last one gets picked I'm not playing anymore. White people laughing about/ reveling in the downfall of any prominent person of color is nothing I'm down with. It makes me want to puke how some people are still giddy about it. If that's where we're at fuck all y'all.

Or perhaps I was raised by decent people who taught me to be colorblind. Maybe I'm pleased that a stuck-up moral guardian like Cosby was exposed as an unhinged criminal. Maybe I was suggesting it because someone might find a more creative approach to said line.

Elvis, I don't owe you my story. Go fuck yourself.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
"I don't know if anyone could ever totally get over something like that... It's weird. Even though i know she's dead, I still think about her once in a while." Misery

"Hey, broadzilla, you wouldn't even be standin' here if it weren't for me, okay?" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

"You know what I got for Christmas? A crushed soul!" Step Brothers

"That's right Ted, I would be laughed out of Hollywood. I have very limited breasts, a ginormous ass, and I've got this gut that swings back and forth in front of me like a shopping cart with a bent wheel." Burn After Reading

"I'm telling you what we're not, we're not people who jam staples into other people's heads, that's CIA crap!" Get Smart

"If there should be an assassination, I would hope that five, ten, one hundred, a thousand would rise. I would like to see every gay lawyer, every gay architect come out - - If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door... And that's all." Milk
17. Watch a movie about greed, or characters attempting to acquire lots and lots of money. (They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fucking smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.' - BOILER ROOM)

18. Watch a movie where the protagonist is struggling to quit something, be it a career path, an addiction, or Jake Gyllenhaal. ("This quitting thing, it's a hard habit to break once you start." - BAD NEWS BEARS)

19. Watch a movie that features either prophecy, homosexuality, or a real life icon in any field. ("If there should be an assassination, I would hope that five, ten, one hundred, a thousand would rise. I would like to see every gay lawyer, every gay architect come out - - If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door... And that's all." - MILK)

20. Watch a movie featuring problem-solving in a life or death situation. ('You mean we're all gonna die 'cause you screwed up on the math?' - DEEP RISING)
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I’m taking the month off. Elvis, do yourself a favor and block me so that you aren’t so upset by a movie quote and I don’t have to read your nonsense.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
So...should we not do this? It's only supposed to be a fun thing. I'll probably manage to watch a lot of movies in June regardless.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Please continue, Arjun. I’ll have more quotes for you to peruse soon.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." Dr. Strangelove

"Forget the myths the media's created about the White House. The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." All The President's Men

"One day, my wife says to me, 'why don't you try running for office? You know, you talk about it all the time. Why don't you just go do it?' So I tell my boss I have a dentist appointment, and go down to the registrar of voters on my lunch break... next thing I know I'm a councilman." Dave

"Lewis, we've had presidents who were beloved, who couldn't find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference." The American President

"Any President who serves up his country as appetizers for the enemy isn't fit for this office!" Murder at 1600

"Mine is not particularly creative work, and I do it only because I enjoy living beyond my means. I can't afford to just sit around." Absolute Power

"Nobody does this to the United States. The President will get his baseball glove back and play catch with this guy's balls!" Air Force One

"We have a very important school report on turquoise jewelry due in two days, and we can't find any books on it, and the President's having us followed. It's too much pressure." Dick

"The people of this nation can stomach quite a bit. But the one thing they can't stomach is the image of a vice president with a mouthful of cock." The Contender

"I'm going to tell you something really outrageous. I'm going to tell you the truth." Primary Colors

"Martin, as the President of the United States, this comes with the full weight, power and authority of my office. Fuck you." White House Down

"Why don't you and I play a game of fuck off. You go first." Olympus Has Fallen
'A wise man can learn more from his enemies than a fool from his friends.' - RUSH

'He's a god now.' - CALIGULA

'Tell me, Harold, how many of these, eh, *suicides* have you performed?' - HAROLD AND MAUDE

'I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.' - A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

'There's only one thing you can do with a girl like this. Walk naked into the sea together as the sun sets. Make love once... Then die.' - IF...
21. Watch a movie based on a true story or 'based on a true story'. ("I'm going to tell you something really outrageous. I'm going to tell you the truth." - PRIMARY COLORS)

22. Watch a movie taking place within the world of classical music or one that prominently features a piece of classical music. ('I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.' - A CLOCKWORK ORANGE)

23. Watch an unapologetically jingoistic celebration of America as the ultimate good in the world. ("Nobody does this to the United States. The President will get his baseball glove back and play catch with this guy's balls!" - AIR FORCE ONE)

24. Watch either a film by Stanley Kubrick or a film off of AFI's 100 Years...100 Laughs list. ("Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. - DR. STRANGELOVE)
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Great prompts so far, Arjen.
“See you in the next life.” Midnight Run (I think I posted this but figured since Grodin recently passed I’d suggest again)

“Alexander wept, for he had no more worlds to conquer.” Die Hard

“Just do what you do.” Alien 3

“You must’ve been the tallest in your class!” Young Frankenstein

“I usually get kissed before I get fucked.” Black Rain

"Excuse me... EXCUSE ME! THE CORPSE STILL HAS THE FLOOR!" The Ref

“There’s gotta be a hundred reasons why I don’t blow you away. Right now, I can’t think of one.”
or
“It’s not just a job. It’s a fucking adventure!” The Rookie (1990)

“MATT DAMON.” Team America: World Police

“Fuck the world.” Zack Snyder’s Justice League

“Son of a bitch, he stole my line.” Good Will Hunting
That 100 Years, 100 Laughs prompt takes me way back, Arjen. I think that's the point-of-no-return summer where I went from having a prefix for film to being a cinephile. That was 2000; I can still see the newspaper clipping on my wall and the shit I was crossing off. Plus, a list of comedies was a lot easier to override parental oversight 

In the span of a summer and the early school year, I saw for the first time:

Annie Hall
Bananas
Blazing Saddles
Broadcast News (taped off Showtime, which was where I learned Fox and Universal had their movies on HBO AND Showtime in the 80's)
Diner
A Fish Called Wanda (an ancient HBO recording)
Harold & Maude
Lost in America
The Odd Couple (another Showtime recording, had this incredible promo hyping up the premiere of RoboCop)
The Producers (13-year-old Hunter got full hipster that he'd seen the movie before the play)
Sleeper
Some Like It Hot
Take the Money and Run (impossible to find until I caught it in a video store on vacation)
This is Spinal Tap
Young Frankenstein

I've seen most of these again in the last year and change and they've all held up and/or gotten better. I find Young Frankenstein better than Blazing Saddles now despite adoring both, Lost in America is even funnier now that I know Easy Rider (the Garry Marshall casino bit is still the funniest part though), and I'd go out and say Broadcast News might be among the best films of the 80's. Even being able to check out Sleeper and Annie Hall again, I was able to finally accept my complicated relationship with Woody Allen's work since it made an impression on me at a young age.

This is gonna be the hardest prompt because there's like 20 of these I could pick.

I also cloned the list on Letterboxd for anyone's reference; I'm over halfway through it. 100 Years, 100 Thrills, however, I think I'd cleared halfway before that even aired, and I only have four left on that list!
'One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place.' - IF...

'Always remember gentlemen, that you are a failure in catering if you don't know what to do with your leftovers.' - O LUCKY MAN!

'Serve the state, Caligula, though the people in it are wicked beasts.' - CALIGULA

'But there's a bright side to this, and a moral. I think morals are good for you, I love morals, and the moral of this story is: If you're walkin' on eggs, don't hop.' - BLUE THUNDER

'You gotta think about it like the first time you got laid. You just gotta say: "Daddy, are you sure this is right?" ' - TANK GIRL

'I gotta get home for dinner. My wife is slowly poisoning me to death and she gets very angry if I'm late.' - IN GOOD COMPANY
Bless your heart, Judas. If only you got a Class of 1999 quote in there. I'd have tried to find a way to give you 50 reps if you went there.

"Blue Thunder" is the name of my group chat with my closest friends. The first iPhone I got, one of them noticed his texts were now going through blue, and that was the first title I could think of that would sound funny as a group chat.

I have a weird history with that one. I first found out about it because my stepdad had the old VHS, it was a DVD he purchased at Circuit City or off Deep Discount or something. When I watched it years later, of course I fell in love with this movie about an improbably state-of-the-art police helicopter that has voyeuristic abilities in addition to all the military artillery.

P.S.: When one of the original members of that group chat left, our other friend came in, the in-jokes got more ridiculous/insane, and, as an homage to the Justice League, renamed it "Blue Thunder Dark."
"Cosmo, I like you. Of all the people that pay to have sex with me, I like you the best." Cold Blooded

"'Hotpants College II' is a puerile romp without a single redeeming feature." Love and Death On Long Island

"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them." Zero Effect

"You're not getting anything from me. Know why? Because I have something that's more powerful than your psychosis. It's called a volume knob, and the only thing I have to do to make you go away is to turn it counterclockwise. You got that? You copy that?" Joy Ride

"When you come to the end of the line, with a buddy who is more than a brother and a little less than a wife, getting blind drunk together is really the only way to say farewell." Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

"You sit down and read your paper, and you're enjoying your entire two-page comics spread. Right? And then there's the Family fucking Circus, bottom right-hand corner, just waiting to suck." Go
"I don't know your mother, but I'll tell you something. She did it to you and her mother did it to her and back and back and back all the way to Eve and at some point you just say, 'Fuck it, I start with me.'" Postcards from the Edge

"You want bread? Fuck a baker." To Live and Die in L.A.

"You have the manners of a goat!" Highlander

"You blew it! You had the job, and then you blew it!" Cop Land

"Your face looks like in fell in the cheese dip in 1957." They Live

"You catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed so you would be spared your pain." Batman Begins
25. Watch a Charles Grodin performance. (“See you in the next life.” - MIDNIGHT RUN)

26. Watch a movie about a marriage. ('I gotta get home for dinner. My wife is slowly poisoning me to death and she gets very angry if I'm late.' - IN GOOD COMPANY)

27. Watch a movie that is either about a family, a circus, or that sucks. ("You sit down and read your paper, and you're enjoying your entire two-page comics spread. Right? And then there's the Family fucking Circus, bottom right-hand corner, just waiting to suck." - GO)

28. Watch Hereditary, or any movie where the sins of the parents are visited on the children. ("I don't know your mother, but I'll tell you something. She did it to you and her mother did it to her and back and back and back all the way to Eve and at some point you just say, 'Fuck it, I start with me.'" - POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE)

29. Watch a film set during the Roman Empire. ('Serve the state, Caligula, though the people in it are wicked beasts.' - CALIGULA)

30. Watch a film starring Ben Affleck. ('MATT DAMON' - TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE)
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Fun list, Arjen! I'll do my best next month.
God told me to get that Heartbreak Kid VHS from a video store closing in Minnesota for a reason.

Glad to see my Postcards from the Edge line got taken. Hackman (who reportedly based his turn on Richard Donner) gets two scenes in that with Streep where his tough love is just brilliantly played up; the scene I quoted should’ve earned him Oscar buzz.
First round of entries are in! Mostly AMAZING! A modern classic that still slaps, two staggering Jackie Chan movies, and Steven Seagal kills a guy without moving his hands.

14. "Give me those oars! I'll show you some real seamanship, laddie! I'll not be doubted by some pipsqueak tuft of ginger and his irritating dog. I am master and commander of the seas!" Project A (1983, dir. Jackie Chan)
Quote:The “A” is clearly meant to refer to “action” because that is pretty much all that happens. With Jackie Chan in the director’s chair, he’s able to expand beyond his Drunken Master pivot with a thrilling but optimistic adventure where Chan’s brewing sailor schemes his way against pirates and turn of the century British imperialists. Like his other great works, doesn’t skip a beat, Chan throwing himself down staircases, getting punched through windows, instigating bar room brawls, refusing to waver to slowing the pace down until this ends like an unarmed version of the Wild Bunch finale. Chan is the opposite of Peckinpah, but they have a kindred thesis on the changing of the guard in the 20th century. Insane production design; the pirate lair had to have been an influential shadow over Lo Pan’s underground mansion of weird. Watch out for the shots clearly copied by Sly and Menahem Golan for Over the Top. 4.5/5

16. "It's bullshit generalization. Many sequels have surpassed their originals." - Drunken Master II (1994, dir. Liu Chia-Liang)
Quote:“Good stuff!” - an understatement.

Insane. Impossible. No chill. Properly expressing how fucking amazed I was by this would be a long, incomprehensible screed typed out in all caps. I’m trying to think of a traditional martial arts movie this propulsive - this was like when I first saw Hard Boiled in high school and lost track of time and space due to the fact that every scene ended in a shootout. Here, just when they’re about to break into putting emphasis on the plot, Jackie Chan does shit that I didn’t even think was possible. He gets kicked out the upstairs window of a mob restaurant. He develops actual fucking superpowers from being an alcoholic. If that’s the medicine Hong Kong wants to sell us about glamorizing booze in cinema, then consider my blood red wine. Seriously overwhelmed right now; the gag reel felt like a placeholder for audiences to understand that you just watched one of the most famous actors in the world outsmart being burned alive. Gonna start grieving anyone I meet who hasn’t seen this, and if they’re in my inner circle, I’m locking the door outside till they admit it’s as great as I say it is. That infamous original ending? Laughed like a madman. Goes without saying this is one of the best sequels ever made and something you don’t need the real good first one to jump into first. 5/5

17. "They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fucking smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby." - There Will Be Blood (2007, dir. Paul Thomas Anderson) REWATCH
Quote:“I’m a family man. I run a family business.”

PTA was right when he said this was horror. Even for DDL standards, Daniel Plainview is so unhinged that I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of him being a real sociopath that looked exactly like DDL. An all-timer for both three-namers, one of the rare works that functions as foreboding cinema and is often hilarious on the most fucked up level possible. Has aged disturbingly post-Drumpf; wish I still had video of me doing the Plainview impression I ran into the ground in 2008. 5/5

27. "You sit down and read your paper, and you're enjoying your entire two-page comics spread. Right? And then there's the Family fucking Circus, bottom right-hand corner, just waiting to suck." - The Asian Connection (2016, dir. Daniel Zirilli)
Quote:"I know what motherfuckin' heat is. What I don't know is who sent your 1989 talking ass here for guns!"

Thai attempt at an "action movie" with an immobile Steven Seagal and two minutes of Michael Jai White. The budget Timothy Olyphant lead hilariously cosplays as Tyler Durden. Story was co-concocted by Tom Sizemore. 0.5/5

14. Seamanship - Project A (1983, dir. Jackie Chan) 4.5/5
16. Sequel - Drunken Master II (1994, dir. Liu Chia-Liang) 5/5
17. Greed - There Will Be Blood (2007, dir. Paul Thomas Anderson) 5/5 - REWATCH
27. Family Circus - The Asian Connection (2016, dir. Daniel Zirilli) 0.5/5

RANKING:

There Will Be Blood
Drunken Master II
Project A
The Asian Connection
26. marriage

Even though it's an acknowledged classic, I think Gone Girl is somewhat underrated. Watched it for the podcast, and it's got to be the Fincher film that has grown the most in my estimation. Will have plenty to say about it soon.

6. traditionally male profession

The movie where Kurt and Goldie fell in love, Swing Shift is a pretty disappointing nothing of a film. Ostensibly the same kinda idea as A League of Their Own, its stated premise is about women taking on traditionally male manufacturing jobs during WWII, straight up Rosie the Riveter stuff. League does it all better, and it would seem warm-hearted comedy is a far more successful genre for the material than low stakes drama. Then in the second half it turns into a low stakes romantic triangle, and then a different romantic triangle, and it's virtually impossible to give a damn about any of the characters, stacked cast be damned. Apparently, there was tons of backstage drama and there's a considerably better directors cut out there, but I have a hard time imagining it being that great, given what I just saw. But it does help explain why the movie feels so lifeless and flat. It feels like a movie you'd watch in high school, when the History teacher doesn't feel like working.

6. Swing Shift (male dominated profession)
26. Gone Girl (marriage)
Brigadier Cousins on PSN