Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INDIANA JONES 5 Pre-release ("Spoilers Allowed" Edition)
While I didn't meet with a lot of resistance when I broached the subject of leaks in the main thread, it still feels more courteous to folks who want to go into this movie blind to have a separate area that takes a totally laissez-faire approach to spoilers, especially with no reliable way to hide text and no way at all to hide images. So we'll see how this works out.

The scuttlebutt is that filming commences the week of June 7th at Bamburgh Castle in England. It's the kind of location that's easy to read a lot into. Could Lucas's haunted castle idea finally be manifesting in some form, perhaps in the teaser a la the Chris Columbus draft of INDY 3? Is there gonna be an Arthurian angle again, despite that seemingly running counter to the NASA stuff that's recently been alleged? Hard to know, but fun to speculate about.
Could just be the opening scene and has little to do with the majority of the movie all Bond-like. Or they just needed a castle..

It's exactly the kind of location I would hope to see in a fifth Indy, at any rate. Deming and New Haven were used well in CRYSTAL SKULL, but they were the only real locations the movie had on offer besides Hawaii (which was used in such a way that felt pointless), and that's a major bummer for a series that wants to use "globe-trotting" as a selling point.

While this is incredibly little to go on, I'm choosing to take it as a positive signal that we'll be getting a return to more Indy-appropriate locations.
According to a user on reddit the set is for the end of the film.
They're just building a castle for Mangold. It's part of his rider: he gets a castle on every film he directs.
If they’re doing full on haunted castle a lot of folks won’t like that.
Not that I think they are, but do you really think that would be more polarizing an Indiana Jones concept than aliens were?
Depends who it's haunted by.
I'll never understand how aliens, as a concept, is a bridge too far for an Indiana jones movie. Before Crystal Skull...one dealt with supernatural artifacts and two with biblical. I don't see how extraterrestrial is off limits. That shit definitely has historical connotations..

Also, I've seen zero proof that the supernatural artifacts and Jesus don't have an extra-terrestrial origin.
Exactly! It could ALL be connected anyway!

(05-31-2021, 04:09 PM)fatherdude Wrote: Not that I think they are, but do you really think that would be more polarizing an Indiana Jones concept than aliens were?
I’m using the aliens reaction as my gauge! Indiana Jones fans don’t like change. A haunted ghost castle and aliens are both too far off the beaten path in my opinion.

I would like it. But I’m open to new things like that. For example I don’t freak the fuck out when Luke Skywalker gets depressed. It’s an amazing super power.
Isn't it nice to enjoy things??

Where are my spoilers?!
(05-31-2021, 05:47 PM)freeman Wrote: Indiana Jones fans don’t like change.

#NotAllIndianaJonesFans

Some of us can imagine quite a bit.
Wait... do they have a plan??
Mads read a script. 'Spose that's something..

(05-31-2021, 06:16 PM)bradito Wrote: Wait... do they have a plan??

Do they know who the protagonist is?
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Never happens.
*posted in wrong thread

But keep at it Harrison, we believe in you.
(05-31-2021, 03:27 PM)freeman Wrote: If they’re doing full on haunted castle a lot of folks won’t like that.

Those folks aren't fun.
I wrote a script about a haunted castle during quar. I hope these fuckers didn't rip me off!
Quar is still very much not a thing.
Maybe not up there in Moosejaw or wherever.
Actual footage of Brad powering through "Quar".

[Image: simpsons-grandpa-gif-8.gif]
If quarantine isn't a thing, what am I doing holed up in my house all the time?

Oh right, that's just my whole thing.
(06-01-2021, 01:18 AM)bradito Wrote: I wrote a script about a haunted castle during quar. I hope these fuckers didn't rip me off!

Obligatory.

Stop trying to make quar happen! It's not going to happen!
Karen Allen will be appearing at the London Film and Comic Con at the end of July. Hard to imagine it a coincidence that she'd be in town.

https://londonfilmandcomiccon.com/guest/karen-allen/
I don't want to see lame soccer Mom Marion again.
Let's be honest. At this point, it's Soccer Grandma Marion.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Yeah nothing against Karen Allen but I was kind of hoping she would sit this one out.

I'd prefer this film to have no returning characters, but I guess it would be kind of weird if Marion wasn't there for the scenes in America considering she's Indy's wife.
I would expect Marion to at LEAST be in bookend scenes. John Rhys Davies has hinted that he's involved although I don't know the validity of what I read on that.

I'll only believe Sallah is not in this movie exactly when I'll believe Morpheus and Agent Smith aren't in The Matrix 4. When I sit down and watch it and they actually don't appear. Because it's gotten to the point where actors have to outright lie to maintain the surprise cameos in these types of films. And I don't mind that. I'd lie too if I thought it would increasea fan's enjoyment somehow..

Shooting begins next week.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/indiana-jon...234767764/
never...

....happens?

Well, if anything, fifth movies don't exactly have a high bar to clear in terms of quality, so I'm hoping this will at least be better than the last one.