Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1930s Draft: Round One - Judas Booth vs. Boone Daniels
(06-07-2021, 01:12 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:
Screwball Comedies of the 1930s

[Image: The_Thin_Man_1934_Poster.jpg][Image: ithappenedonenight.jpg][Image: The_Awful_Truth_%281937_poster%29.jpg][Image: MV5BNmMwZTJlMTctYjM5Ni00Zjg4LWEzN2EtZmJl...@._V1_.jpg][Image: Topper_poster.jpg]

Bonus:
[Image: Afterthethinman.jpg][Image: Anotherthinman.jpg]

(06-10-2021, 11:14 AM)boone daniels Wrote: 1. MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON
2. YOUNG MR. LINCOLN
3. THE RULES OF THE GAME
4. CAPTAIN BLOOD
5. THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME

B1: MR. DEEDS GOES TO TOWN
B2: ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT
Both lists are chockful of unassailable classics. My vote ultimately goes to Judas.
Boone clearly wins the bonus round. Shame on all of us for letting All Quiet on the Western Front slip.

Rules of the Game is one of the all time greats of the decade. The best from either draft.

That said, Judas has 5 great films (the better Capra film too) and an overall cohesive theme. So, I'm going with Judas.
"Such is the heroic burden. We must always mourn our fallen. Gone Forever! Dead like Robin! Like Supergirl! Deceased like Superman! Hal Jordan! All gone! I weep for them, and know that someday I shall join them. I must go weep. Like a hero." -- Kyle Baker
Another tight one. I have to give the slight nod to Judas for nailing his screwball theme with not a miss in the bunch.

VOTE: Judas
Just this guy, you know?
Booth. It Happened One Night is too good.
Always liked the Thin Man movies so I gotta go with Judas.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
"We're not all masters of our souls, Meacham...I learned that on Earth."
Judas for the Thin Man. Boone took my Captain Blood so I guess there's some vengeance in there as well.